• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know how teams in a bad run of form often pull something out in so called rival games, we don’t do that.

Might as well blood some youngsters, this is a guaranteed defeat, we are done.

The good news is that even if we don’t score another point this season, and the other 19 teams win all of their remaining games, we’ll still finish third.

You know how teams in a bad run of form often pull something out in so called rival games, we don’t do that.

The good news is that even if we don’t score another point this season, and the other 19 teams win all of their remaining games, we’ll still finish third.

Hang on, I thought you expected that we'd lose no more than two games this season? Where's that optimism gone?

So much fair-weather support lately. Two games ago we all seemed so positive and full of hope. The moaners were comfortably silenced, skulking about in their caves with nothing much to do.

We play so many games over a season and have happened to lose two on the trot. Rediscover your perspective. We can beat this lot, I'm confident of a result.

3-2 Spurs.

I think it is a more, "Must not lose". In our current circumstances, I would take a draw. A win would be fantastic of course and set us up for Tuesday nicely.

It is time for Poch to really get the team geed up for this one. He needs to turn into Mr Motivator.

I really think it's a must win for us, because we have to go to Anfield and Emirates Marketing Project and we are (imo) unlikely to get more than 1 point from the 6 available in those 2 games. We need a little cushion, a win puts us 7 clear of Arsenal.

Last edited:
The more I reflect on Wednesday’s debacle the more I’m thinking that the slow anaemic tempo was a deliberate tactic perhaps because Poch knows that the tank is nearly empty and we just couldn’t go high octane at Chelsea and have anything left for woolwich and/or Dortmund. To be fair only two very easily avoidable error riden goals denied us what would have been an underwhelming yet useful point.

Unfortunately since Wednesday winks has now picked up a knock and vertonghen is also a doubt so we may have to start tomorrow’s game with some pragmatism too.

This lethargy, perhaps deliberate, has been an ongoing issue though - we’ve only scored 2 first half goals in the last 11 games (one a penalty and the other from a set piece).

Not sure what value my point makes in context of tomorrow’s game but I get the feeling Poch is desperately managing severe fatigue which is exasperated with multiple games within a short period of time.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Poch is always about controlling the game. So in % terms we’d be more likely to score and less likely to concede and the tactic also tires teams out who are playing negatively so second half goals become more likely. Some teams fly out of the blocks and get the early goal but when they tire they have no plan b, much like a a boxer who punches out or a distance runner who goes off too quickly. Problem is with football and the Chelsea game is if you concede a shot goal the control of the game is less relevant as you need to score. We have been missing first x1 individuals all season but currently sit third, my feeling is the system works and is making the players greater than the sum of their parts so squad depth is the opportunity going forwards.

When I’m taking the emotion out of it, I think about poker. You can play a way that means you win 7 hands out of 10 which is a great return but you need to keep the faith when the other 3 hands don’t come in.

I love your optimism.

Have a similar feel to the Dortmund night. We will turn up because we simply have to and the players owe it to themselves. Hate negativity before a NLD... COYS

This.
What a bunch of fudging wimps we have in here! Balls like jellyfish!
Bring your fudging A game tomorrow and trust in Poch to bring ours...FFS!!!
COYS!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Even if our completed stadium is now The Ultimate Power in the Universe...

As is my derby day tradition, I shall be watching the game whilst wearing women's clothes and sitting in a bath of slightly warm Custard. Jeff Goldblum will probably stop by my house to serve a few Ice cold Tusker lagers. ( See what I did there). 2-0 Spurs. Kane and Moura.

As is my derby day tradition, I shall be watching the game whilst wearing women's clothes and sitting in a bath of slightly warm Custard. Jeff Goldblum will probably stop by my house to serve a few Ice cold Tusker lagers. ( See what I did there). 2-0 Spurs. Kane and Moura.
You forgot to mention your pet badger

Its here
The best and worst day of the season

COYS

I hate early kick-offs but the advantage is there are fewer hours of the nervous anticipation that I wake up with on NLD day.

COYS, we've got this one.

I don't like the early kick off either BUT I'm an aggie buggar on NLD day and I'd think the Mrs and kids are pleased the sooner I'm out the door.......heading to the Boxpark to be with lots of others that 'understand' .

Back