• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wolves OMT***

I was thinking this yesterday as well.
There was an article praising Veliz and how (apparently) people have been impressed with him since he joined.

Would be a big call, but I think it would be a good balance.

Vicario
Porro Dier CB Royal
Bissouma
Kulusevski Sarr
Johnson Veliz Son
I would like Bentancur in, but probably still better to start him on the bench and get him more minutes late on. Then see where he is after the international break.
I dont think Ange is going to move Son from CF. Son started the season as poorly as he had finished the last one being out on the LW, and was only when he replaced Richi as CF that he got going.

The only real positive we have with all these injuries is that Wolves cant prepare too much on how we are going to line up....

I dont think Ange is going to move Son from CF. Son started the season as poorly as he had finished the last one being out on the LW, and was only when he replaced Richi as CF that he got going.

The only real positive we have with all these injuries is that Wolves cant prepare too much on how we are going to line up....
Agree re Son

The personnel will change and be very difficult to predict, but the formation and the way the starting XI plays wont change though. We’ll be easy to predict in that respect.

the thing we can be sure of is that we won't be shrinking violets. Whatever 11 turns out they will go for it, look to be positive and win on the front foot. None of the apologetic 9 behind the ball flimflam that Conte served up.

I think Gil may play off the right and Kulu drop into midfield. Just a hunch.
Are you sure? Fulham in the cup says different

Lo Celso is done for me. The Fulham cup game was the final straw in terms of clearly nothing has changed. We're just ticking off the days till the January window with him.

Gil though at least offers promise, urgency and creativity. But I'd also use him on the right, with Kulu switching to the #10, just for the greater subtly you need in the lock picker role.
Agree. I just have a feeling Ange might still use him.

Bad news on Maddison. On top of Van der Ven and the suspension.

Porro and Davies being fit is good news though. Will be interesting to see how Ange lines us up, very difficult to predict. Several options both at CB and in midfield.

Still very much looking forward to the game. Obviously missing these players could be the decisive difference in the end. But everything so far under Ange points towards still staying optimistic imo. And a chance for others to step up.

Fuuuuxk!
"Madders is a lot worse than we thought. Next day after Monday it wasn't great, we sent him off for a scan, and probably we're looking into the New Year as well."

Are you sure? Fulham in the cup says different
that was a very early game. I don't think Ange will let that happen again. Also that was a full wholesale change of the squad - this is enforced changes but we're still going to have six regular starters in the side.

that is a very slow back 4.

Not sure that will happen due to the need for pace to work with the high line.
The best solution I think - but this is based solely on the second half against Chelsea with 9 men when I thought he was very good - is to use Hojbjerg's pace and passing skills at CB. We need our good players on the pitch, but we don't need Hojbjerg in midfield where we still have sufficient options. Him as a makeshift CB under Ange would fill me with more confidence than having Dier and Royal or Dier and Davies as the central two in a back four.

that was a very early game. I don't think Ange will let that happen again. Also that was a full wholesale change of the squad - this is enforced changes but we're still going to have six regular starters in the side.

Agreed.

If the Fulham game, early on and with wholesale changes was enough to give up on him we should have just given up on him in the summer. Didn't he get or play with an injury that game too?

Let's just see what he can do when playing with better players, more of the strongest 11 and slightly further along in the process.

that is a very slow back 4.

Not sure that will happen due to the need for pace to work with the high line.
Phillips would be the only way to add significant pace to that back 4, no? At least I think he's fairly quick.

Porro and Dier are locked in. Davies or Emerson at left back. Emerson, Davies, Hojbjerg or Phillips at CB?

I don't think we'll see Davies at CB personally. I don't think it would be Hojberg over Emerson (Emerson being quicker and a defender) Think it's Emerson or Phillips most likely. Probably depends on how highly Ange rates Phillips.

Back