• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wolves OMT***

He worked his socks off last night. If there's no adverse reaction to that he should be good for a normal game and be able to play at least 60-70 mins.

I do hope so but he has been out a fair while and i would hate to see him have a bad reaction, nice and easy is the way to go.

All the fudging learning I've heard it claimed we've done over the last 30 years, we should never concede a goal.

gonad*s to that, if they could learn, they wouldn't be footballers, they'd have a proper job.
Not sure if it's intentional or not, but you're really coming across as a massive dingdonghead.

Possibly Maddison or for Sarr. Depends on who is fit.

Vicario
Porro Dier Phillips Royal
Bissouma
Bentancur Sarr
Kulusevski Son Johnson
yeah this. Not many options off the bench. But its not the worst line up. if we keep the pressure on then maybe our backline wont be so tested.

Vicario

Porro
Dier
Phillips
Royal

Bissouma
Sarr
Lo Celso (I’d go Kulu)

Kulu (I’d go Richi)
Son
Johnson

I Hope Philips has got something about him
I saw about 20-25 minutes of the u21's cup defeat to Peterborough ( reserves) and I've got to say , I wasn't impressed. Looked all over the place. This is a massive step up.

I saw Phillips play for the U21's, he's awful at progressing the ball, I suspect we will play Royal/Davies/PEH, someone senior.

Bentancur, Sarr, Bissouma if Maddison isn't fit
Yeah I saw him in the Peterborough game , albeit only 20-25 minutes of the second half. I thought he was all over the place as I said in another post. After seeing that , I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team just yet.

Wolves last 3 home games are a win v City and draws with Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine!! Would've been tough even with a full squad.

Wolves last 3 home games are a win v City and draws with Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine!! Would've been tough even with a full squad.

not to mention that Saudi Sportswashing Machine were given a joke penalty against Wolves without which it’s conceivable to think that Wolves could have won.

They are a good side. But we have to turn up with the belief and mentality that we can AND have to win. It’s a must win really as we already dropped three points against Chelsea and I can’t see Arsenal or City being charitable to let us get away with more dropped points.

On the plus side, Postecoglou got some good performances from squad players during pre-season. It would have been nice to have Sanchez for this one but it is what it is. Whatever happens, we're on a learning curve so it won't be the end of the world.

There
not to mention that Saudi Sportswashing Machine were given a joke penalty against Wolves without which it’s conceivable to think that Wolves could have won.

They are a good side. But we have to turn up with the belief and mentality that we can AND have to win. It’s a must win really as we already dropped three points against Chelsea and I can’t see Arsenal or City being charitable to let us get away with more dropped points.

That included Neto who is a huge loss for them

Yeah I saw him in the Peterborough game , albeit only 20-25 minutes of the second half. I thought he was all over the place as I said in another post. After seeing that , I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team just yet.
Phillips featured a lot in the little training video from today

It’s a must win really
Got to disagree. We are at an early stage in Ange's "reign". 3 of the back 4 are missing and we've got one centre back who is a warrior but slow as can be, and another who is untried and -so it says on here - didn't look all that in the under 21s.
I'm assuming we will lose the next 2 or even 3, and that anything we collect while Romero is out is a massive bonus.

It’s a must win really
Got to disagree. We are at an early stage in Ange's "reign". 3 of the back 4 are missing and we've got one centre back who is a warrior but slow as can be, and another who is untried and -so it says on here - didn't look all that in the under 21s.
I'm assuming we will lose the next 2 or even 3, and that anything we collect while Romero is out is a massive bonus.
we can still field a strong front 6, we are a pressure team. So if we can keep the pressure on them then our defence wont be under so much strain. We dont sit back like a Conte team.

But most of the new back four wont have played much. So the system wont knit together as we hoped. 1 game. Then international break then we get Porro and Udogie back. Then its not so bad.

It’s a must win really

Our aim this season, and every season, should be to go out to win every match. We won’t win every match, of course we won’t, but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t be giving it all. The players need to go out with the mentality that each game is must win. That mentality will drive us to success ultimately.

Harry Kane said that not winning with us was deemed as being ok. Or something akin to that. It shouldn’t be ok. We need to build a winning mentality within the club and whilst it’s highly unlikely that we will win the league it doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t give our all every match in an attempt to do so.

We need to remain in contention and every match have the aim to stay right up there. If we’re ok with not winning, if we don’t chase that top spot, we’ll end outside top 4. We have to aim at the highest point and if we miss by one or two places it remains an excellent season. That paraphrases Bill Nicholson’s great phrase about glory and efforts.

Back