• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs west sham united************

i would like to see Verts and Dembele back on Sat.....Paulie and Chadli can have a rest all the way till christmas :)
Dembele is injured. I think Verts and Lloris are the only WC players likely to start on Saturday. Paulinho has played a ****load of games the last 2 year. Think that's the main reason he faded during the season, and he looked tired in the WC. Give him some rest and he'll come back as a different player!

Last edited:
Or perhaps players might consider a month off enough holiday when most normal workers get not a lot more for the whole year. Just saying.

Milos right in one respect but if a player can't recover in 4/5 weeks then they shouldn't be in the business and living the life of luxury for the privilege.

Do you think that most sports scientists would agree with you?

How much work do you think the top clubs put into player recovery and recuperation?

How much do you think it takes out of an elite athlete platings at a high level for 11 months of the year? In Paulinho's case (cue jokes about elite athletes) it is longer than that because he came straight out of the Brazilian season played in the confeds, a season with us and then the world cup.

Given that Vorm didn't play v Schalke and has been left out of the EL qualifier squad, I wonder if he will be on the bench on Saturday, or will it be Brad?

Dembele is injured. I think Verts and Lloris are the only WC players likely to start on Saturday. Paulinho has played a ****load of games the last 2 year. Think that's the main reason he faded during the season, and he looked tired in the WC. Give him some rest and he'll come back as a different player!

You sure? He's in the training pics.

Do you think that most sports scientists would agree with you?

How much work do you think the top clubs put into player recovery and recuperation?

How much do you think it takes out of an elite athlete platings at a high level for 11 months of the year? In Paulinho's case (cue jokes about elite athletes) it is longer than that because he came straight out of the Brazilian season played in the confeds, a season with us and then the world cup.

Milo I honestly couldn't care about sports scientists. Players are wrapped up in cotton wool far too much these days. Some of these players we're resting have had 4 weeks off already! And I'm supposed to believe that they won't play this Saturday for the team they're paid thousands to represent. Sorry but it doesn't sit well with me.

Milo I honestly couldn't care about sports scientists. Players are wrapped up in cotton wool far too much these days. Some of these players we're resting have had 4 weeks off already! And I'm supposed to believe that they won't play this Saturday for the team they're paid thousands to represent. Sorry but it doesn't sit well with me.

Can they play? Of course. Is it in our long term interests? I cannot say for sure but I can see why rushing players back might be detrimental.

Do you think that clubs with better fitness and recovery regimes have an advantage over those that do not?

Can they play? Of course. Is it in our long term interests? I cannot say for sure but I can see why rushing players back might be detrimental.

Do you think that clubs with better fitness and recovery regimes have an advantage over those that do not?

Yes I'm sure they do. I just disagree that playing this week is being 'Rushed back' that's all.

Yes I'm sure they do. I just disagree that playing this week is being 'Rushed back' that's all.

But if someone who knew more about this than you thought it was, would you be prepared to accept their judgement?

As in the manager and his team? Yes absolutely.

It just doesn't sit well with me that's all.
I just think that the margined are so fine at the top level and all of the clubs are trying to get that small advantage. What we've done seems to be in line with many other clubs. So whilst it might not sit well with us, I just think that we have to accept that it was probably a decision based on expert advice and with a view on our long term interests.

I really hope that my dream, cited earlier, that we would lose 2-1 against West Ham doesn't come true. Last night I dreamt that we lost 3-2 v Liverpool. Though I'm sure we had a young player, with a name like Seaview, playing for us....I guess that dreams are just dreams though, so as long as we don't lose 2-1 v West Ham then nothing to worry about.

I really hope that my dream, cited earlier, that we would lose 2-1 against West Ham doesn't come true. Last night I dreamt that we lost 3-2 v Liverpool. Though I'm sure we had a young player, with a name like Seaview, playing for us....I guess that dreams are just dreams though, so as long as we don't lose 2-1 v West Ham then nothing to worry about.

Can you take something to stop the dreams? Perhaps give up sleeping?

Why don't you lie down on that couch over there.

Relax. And tell me the first thing that pops into your mind when I say the following words...

"Mother"...

Back