• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs West Brom*** Official Match Thread

I doubt Holtby will start but he should get a lot of playing time in the second half, or perhaps the whole second half, if any of the attacking lads are struggling.

We have three options for the #10 role but beyond that we're pretty fudging light in the front six positions.

Lloris

Walker Dawson Verts Bae
Lennon Holtby Dembele Bale
Dempsey Defoe

Or however Dempsey and Defoe should look. Am tired of teams sitting back and parking the bus against us. When they do there is no need for a destroyer, so one need not start.

Holtby's little cameo is deserving of a start. It's a bit stale in the creating stakes at the moment

I agree.

Will be interesting to see what AVB does. Could see several ways to incorporate him into the side, but could also see him start him on the bench again and just keep bedding him in a bit slower.

I wasn't a fan of Naughton's arm in the air against Leeds pansy-ing about and not actually defending.

Who else do we have?

I agree, Naughton hasn't been the model image of consistency either.

Jenas filled in as a right back at the end of one game I seem to remember... If only we hadn't sold him... :(

BALE ON WEST BROM:

Gareth Bale is determined to take the momentum of our second half performance at Norwich into Sunday’s Premier League clash at West Brom.

The flying winger admitted ‘we weren’t at the races’ in the first half at Carrow Road on Wednesday night.

That changed in the second half as we pushed forward and finally equalised through Gareth’s fine goal 10 minutes from time. We might have won it late as well, but Mark Bunn managed to save Gylfi Sigurdsson’s 20-yarder in the 89th minute.

Now we travel to The Hawthorns for a 1.30pm kick-off on Sunday. West Brom took the league by storm in the first half of the season but have slipped down to ninth with a spell of four defeats in five.

“It’s always a difficult place to go and West Brom had a great start to the season, but in recent weeks they’ve dropped off the pace a bit,” said Gareth.

“Whenever we go to The Hawthorns it’s a hard game, but we need to play like we played the second half at Norwich, start well, play our football, create chances, convert them and hopefully get the three points.”

Well it's not like we have Phllipp Lahm in reserve.

And to sign a better RB than Walker would cost £10m+, particularly if you want them to be young and English.

One thing I dont get about the people who criticise Walker is that some of these are the same people who bang on that we should be using young players in league games to give them a go! For a young player to improve they need to play and you have to accept that they will have poor games and dips in form. Walker has all the ingredients to be a top top RB - tall, fast, athletic, clean striker of the ball (though sometimes erratic)...we just have to persevere. Would be nice if we still had Charlie so Walker could be taken out of the firing line for a couple games but he will learn from his mistakes (assuming the coaches are doing their jobs)

'Speaking outside the West Brom training ground on Friday, Odemwingie said: "I have been given a few days off and will be back in training next week."

Odemwingie met with club board members Dan Ashworth and Richard Garlick and head coach Steve Clarke on Friday morning and will miss Sunday's game against Tottenham Hotspur.

Afterwards, a statement from the club said: "After the events of the past week, the club decided it is in the best interests of all parties that Peter is not involved in Sunday's game and he was given permission to return home."'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21293416

Not exactly bad news for us.

'Speaking outside the West Brom training ground on Friday, Odemwingie said: "I have been given a few days off and will be back in training next week."

Odemwingie met with club board members Dan Ashworth and Richard Garlick and head coach Steve Clarke on Friday morning and will miss Sunday's game against Tottenham Hotspur.

Afterwards, a statement from the club said: "After the events of the past week, the club decided it is in the best interests of all parties that Peter is not involved in Sunday's game and he was given permission to return home."'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21293416

Not exactly bad news for us.

Bit of a leveller then, both clubs short of options up front.

I would like to see Kaboul tried at right back where i think he has played before. That would work in a back four or perhaps even better if we went 3-5-2 against teams who don't want to open up against us. Kaboul - Daws - Verts......... Lennon - Holtby - Sandro - Dembele - Bale........ Is a pretty good starting 8 and then two forwards up front. Am disappointed we didn't buy a striker who could have taken us up a level but on his day Ade is superb and if Defoe starts scoring again we could be ok....A lot depends on Ade I fear....

I hope he plays as he can, after we lost to the scum last season, and the collpase that followed, it literally made me ill. I got 'hives' which is a stress related rash as I got so worked up about it all. Trying to be calmer this season and apart from giving stick to Arsenal supporters about individual games I have never mentioned where it all may finish.

COYS......please.

It's not like they're gonna miss Odemwingie, Long and Lukaku are first choice up front. Gera is a much bigger loss.

Back