• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg OMT **

hope this is a wind up.

don't know what's worse the fact that we always spurs things up or the fact that our fans never learn from past humiliating experiences.

I think we'll do it but it will be a tough game. First goal crucial.

Point I was making is that Mersons eyes are wonky, must be all the coke.

hey did you here me taking you to task regarding your comments about Merson?

??? Not sure I understood your reply then mate ???

I thought you were having a go at me being over confident about the tie. My comment was tongue in cheek in that respect. I think it will be close and tense.

Poch more or less confirms that Vorm will start the game tomorrow.

Am I the only one who do not agree with this?

I know that Vorm has played every domestic cup tie this season, but there is a final at stake here.

We have one of the best goakeepers on our books in Lloris; if Vorm starts tomorrow then it will be the 3rd game in a row that Lloris is rested.

Bad choice imo.

You are not the only one. Obviously, if Poch has told Vorm earlier that he will be in goal for all League Cup matches, then he has to stick to his word, but that should never be said. We are not exactly spoilt for success, so when we get close to a trophy we simply need to play our best team. For me it would ridiculous if we got to Wembley and we don't play our best side. I would find that completely unacceptable.

By all means, Vorm is a good keeper. He might play well tomorrow, and again at Wembley if we get there. Lloris, however, is a better keeper so he should in goal.

we'll be 2 down and Eriksen will pop up with a last minute leveller to take us through on away goals. Will be awful to watch

i think the boys will play well if poch chooses the right team.
seems to me that things just don't work as well with ade and kaboul in there.

??? Not sure I understood your reply then mate ???

I thought you were having a go at me being over confident about the tie. My comment was tongue in cheek in that respect. I think it will be close and tense.

I wasn't having a go...which is why I said hope this is a wind up.......and I hate merson.

Yes no doubt it will be tight...just hope we can get it done.

After the humiliating defeat to Leicester in the FA Cup, we need a positive response from the team. Afterall, this is a Cup semi final which we don't get to play too often. The players should not let the Leicester debacle affect them too much. They don't need any motivation as they are just 1 match away from the League Cup final. They won't forgive themselves if they throw it all away now. But with only a slender 1-0 lead from the first leg, it is going to be a tough match.

Hope Pochettino have learned a lesson from the Leicester defeat. We cannot be taking any teams lightly nowadays. We have to play our best 11 players against any team, especially in a Cup semi final. That includes the goalkeeper. Surely, Lloris has to start after the way Vorm conceded the late goal against Leicester. Also, it is not logic to start Vorm since Lloris is our No.1 goalie. I am sure Lloris badly wants to win a Cup with us. Similiarly the likes of Vertonghen, Eriksen and Kane should start as well. Let's hope they will be fired up to steer us to the Final.

Sheffield Utd have an excellent record at home in the Cups. So, we should control the midfield to deny them the chance to trouble us. Still not sure which is our best midfield. But want Dembele and Stambouli to start. They seem to be gelling together as partners in midfield recently. Wish Chadli will be back for this match. We can make use of the extra attacking options which Chadli provides. Somehow feel Lamela should play a part in this match, maybe late in the match if we need him. Still not convinced of Townsend even if he has been scoring penalties consistently this season.

Wish our defence can shut out the opponents for once ! It is really annoying to see us conceding almost non stop nowadays. Our defence is going to be crucial in this match if we can't score. Won't mind if this match ends in a 0-0 draw as long as we progress. To do that our defenders need to avoid any stupid mistakes. Want to see Vertonghen and Fazio start as they have been playing well together lately. Maybe we can make use of Chiriches as long as he puts up a error-free match.

Boom shaka laka a comfortable lead from the first leg. It is going to be a very nervous match. Hope all the players will turn up and put up a good performance to lead us to the League Cup final.

Back