• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT***

Agree, I would love to see Ange's way come close to it's full potential, like Poch was able to. Whether that is win or lose remains to be seen, although I'd rather be entertained losing than be bored out of my skin losing. Still, he's not above questioning for decisions, I mean, what else are we as fans supposed to do on a forum, right?

Ange is certainly not above criticism, the taking and defending set pieces is a major problem for me.
However it's still early days and to early to make any real judgements.

Seen a lot of talk of "it's Ossie again" or "Pep and Klopp had similar struggles". Both are true and Ange could go either way. But he deserves a hell of a lot of time to try.

We are in a very good position overall so he has tonnes of credit in the bank. We were always going to have days like Fulham and today and we will have more of them whether Ange goes the way of Ossie or Pep. Our fanbase seems to swing wildly from ecstasy to despair based on individual results.

I also see people saying Arteta took time to get the results they wanted which is true but their hierarchy are more patient than ours. Ange won’t get more than one season of missing CL before he gets canned.

I haven't seen any naysayers or doom mongers myself, maybe I'm missing those posts.

As far as I can see everyone is behind him but there are obviously things (like defending set pieces) that need to be fixed. I thought discussing what we observe during games was the point of the forum.

Pointing out that the way we defend is not sustainable or that players are below levels isn't getting on anyone's back or 'not believing ' it's factual.

Half the time the people having a go at perceived moaning are worse than what they claim to not like in others.

This forum is better than most places, but not completely void of reactionary stuff...just go back a few pages.

Otherwise, see the replies here:

This forum is better than most places, but not completely void of reactionary stuff...just go back a few pages.

Otherwise, see the replies here:
Most of those replies will be WUMs, bots or Gooners in disguise.. I take all the discourse on Twitter with a massive pinch of salt.

Don't think it's an accurate barometer of anything.

Ange is certainly not above criticism, the taking and defending set pieces is a major problem for me.
However it's still early days and to early to make any real judgements.
Absolutely. My question would be, play out of defense for what? We are pretty good at breaks or carrying the ball with the team in motion. Why does everything then grind to a halt 75% of the time? Out on the wing, to the byline, cross towards attackers who are 1 second too late because they finally realize someone else doing something. Option two, dribble dribble finding opening to nobody, lose the ball, get caught on a break. Please run around a bit. Keep the defense moving. Do that and Maddison will come to his right.

Just watched the replay and thought we looked the better side until the goal, then I fast forwarded to skip the celebration, and it was suddenly 2-0, then I fast forwarded to the second half where I expected us to be much better, but instead it was 3-0. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not sure about his response there, we always seem to be attacked from transitions. The way we set up promotes it when we lose the ball as we've got so many men up the pitch.

He's saying we need to keep the ball better, and hurt them when we have it.

Reactions: jrh
Not sure about his response there, we always seem to be attacked from transitions. The way we set up promotes it when we lose the ball as we've got so many men up the pitch.
The idea is the keep the ball and not allow transitions though, it's what we fail to do especially with Son playing as a training dummy at the minute.

Absolutely. My question would be, play out of defense for what? We are pretty good at breaks or carrying the ball with the team in motion. Why does everything then grind to a halt 75% of the time? Out on the wing, to the byline, cross towards attackers who are 1 second too late because they finally caught someone else doing something. Option two, dribble dribble finding opening to nobody, lose the ball, get caught on a break. Please run around a bit. Keep the defense moving. Do that and Maddison will come to his right.

In my humble opinion it's ground to halt because we have had a real knock to our confidence.
Ange plays a high risk game, our players appear to be worried about the consequences of that going wrong.
Instead of free flowing instinctive football that was a joy to watch and tearing teams apart we've become a cautious, over thinking team worrying about what happens if it goes wrong rather than the rewards when we get it right.

The only good thing about defeats like this is that you very quickly find out the people who don't have the backbone to ride out the inevitable bumps -- bumps that everyone called before the season started. Lots of those on here it seems.
Again depends on how high those bumps are! As mentioned before. It's the manor in which we lose which is annoying. Being outplayed I can take. Us just being awful and not dealing with crosses. Making poor passes and not shooting etc is tough to watch.

I'm still here for it and understand we need more windows. But seeing brainfarts and basics not doing done....is annoying. I wish it didn't annoy me. But it does

Again depends on how high those bumps are! As mentioned before. It's the manor in which we lose which is annoying. Being outplayed I can take. Us just being awful and not dealing with crosses. Making poor passes and not shooting etc is tough to watch.

I'm still here for it and understand we need more windows. But seeing brainfarts and basics not doing done....is annoying. I wish it didn't annoy me. But it does

Of course it annoys you and it should - but for me this season was always about next season. Anything we got out of it in terms of league position is a bonus.

He's saying we need to keep the ball better, and hurt them when we have it.
I understand that but no team converts more than they cough up the ball.

Difference is when we cough it up we give up good chances to the opposition cause of our set up.

Every time we fail to score shouldn't result in a counter attack and panic.

Isn't it great? And mostly civil as well!

Always the same circular arguments. Never a defeat where it doesn’t become Levy out vs Levy in.

Both have their merits but think people need to agree to disagree. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Think one of the things I find interesting is seeing people say that Ange doesn’t learn and makes the same mistakes. That there’s no plan B.

To be honest I don’t think plan B’s exist much when it comes to managers. Every coach has their way of playing and it usually doesn’t change that much.

You might get exceptions like Guardiola but there’s a reason he’s in the absolute top bracket of managers.

Everyone else has a distinctive playing style and they don’t compromise on it cos it’s what they believe in.

Cheesy as it may sound we sang “we’ll play the way we want to, with big Ange Postecoglu whether we’re RIGHT OR WRONG”

All I know is I’d rather have two games where we get spanked in a debut season cos of our front footedness then ever watch the kind of crap we churned out under out last 3 managers.

fudge it I’d rather get spanked 10 games a season for the next few seasons running then watch that shower of brick again.

Let’s enjoy the good days (which there’ve been many off), resist the temptation to turn toxic and back everyone associated with our club for the last few matches?

I still believe we’ve got it in us to get top 4 and to do Arsenal over when they come to us. And even if we don’t, least we’ll know we dared to do and failed attempting to play like Spurs.

It’s the tactics v strategy argument. Short term (tactics) things are likely to go wrong (as they are). But if we have the longer term strategy right (players to sign to fit the manager’s style) then we just need to show patience. Nothing wrong with criticising, but see the bigger picture.

Back