• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs QUEENS PARK RANGERS OMT**

What will the outcome of this game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You really will pick me up on Modric every time I mention him? Even though we never get anywhere with our arguments? Even though I've explained to you multiple times what I think his position and role is and you still don't seem to even be able to even read the name of that role.

Common denominator? Really? Player X played in 3 games against good opposition, we lost and conceded 5 goals, obviously he can't be any good.

He was also in our team in our best run this season week in week out where we went third. Common denominator? Although you seem to think that we played 2 defensive midfielders week in and week out at that time so I wonder if you even watched our games...

I will probably defend Modric until he either leaves the club or he becomes poor. Neither has happened yet. I really don't see the point in us discussing Modric any further cause we're not getting anywhere with it and I don't understand why you feel the need to quote me every time I post something positive about him. Do you want to have another dragged out discussion about him? If so, please be ready to actually read and answer my posts and questions and we can have that discussion somewhere else, in the Modric thread for example. You could start by posting what you think I think his role is, trying to understand what I have already posted about his deep playmaker role instead of going on and on about him not being a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder. Or you could start by explaining how my comparison with other players that don't score or get tons of assists yet are highly rated isn't a good one. If not I'd appreciate it if you stopped quoting my posts just to point out that you still disagree with me and that you think I'm biased or whatever it is your point is.

You think he is a defensive playmaker. So you acknowledge that he is a DEFENSIVE.He is also a central midfielder. He is usually paired with Parker. Therefore we have TWO defensive midfielders in the team. What dont you understand about that?

You think he is a defensive playmaker. So you acknowledge that he is a DEFENSIVE.He is also a central midfielder. He is usually paired with Parker. Therefore we have TWO defensive midfielders in the team. What dont you understand about that?

And again...

Deep playmaker. Please. Read. My. Posts. Before. Answering.

Adebayor:

Sunday's defeat denied Adebayor his first appearance in an FA Cup final and he blames only one man. "To be honest, we have to blame the referee," he said. "I think we have done well and he has made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of wrong decisions.

"We are all disappointed. But what do you want me to tell you? How many goals scored this season were disallowed that were onside? To be honest, I'm just tired of it and everyone is talking about goalline technology. They have to make something happen because it's killing the league, it's killing the FA Cup, it's killing the game, it's killing everything."

Redknapp:

"We have to pick ourselves up. We'll finish fourth ÔÇö I've got no doubts about that."

--------

I can feel the anger. But is it finally going to resonate with everyone at Spurs now that only we can help ourselves now and secure the fourth place we need. I'm fed up of words. I want to see action.

I agree fully.

The time for talk has passed, the time for action is now.

Although if Harry could make a Independence Day type speech I would listen :)

Adebayor:

Sunday's defeat denied Adebayor his first appearance in an FA Cup final and he blames only one man. "To be honest, we have to blame the referee," he said. "I think we have done well and he has made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of wrong decisions.

"We are all disappointed. But what do you want me to tell you? How many goals scored this season were disallowed that were onside? To be honest, I'm just tired of it and everyone is talking about goalline technology. They have to make something happen because it's killing the league, it's killing the FA Cup, it's killing the game, it's killing everything."

Redknapp:

"We have to pick ourselves up. We'll finish fourth — I've got no doubts about that."

--------

I can feel the anger. But is it finally going to resonate with everyone at Spurs now that only we can help ourselves now and secure the fourth place we need. I'm fed up of words. I want to see action.

Me too

"Do you want to have another dragged out discussion about him?"

No, perhaps not. Neither of us are likely to change our views. But I suggest you really watch him from now to the end of the season to see just how effective he is. Counting the misplaced passes would be a start.

No, perhaps not. Neither of us are likely to change our views. But I suggest you really watch him from now to the end of the season to see just how effective he is. Counting the misplaced passes would be a start.

"If not I'd appreciate it if you stopped quoting my posts just to point out that you still disagree with me and that you think I'm biased or whatever it is your point is."

Oh ffs a defensive playmaker is a American Football position.
A deep-lying playmaker is a commonly known Football position.

You'll be getting asking braineclipse to clarify what a Centre Half is next.

Oh ffs a defensive playmaker is a American Football position.
A deep-lying playmaker is a commonly known Football position.

You'll be getting asking braineclipse to clarify what a Centre Half is next.

If you are so clever, which other ENGLISH football clubs play with a defensive midfielder and a so called "Deep-Lying Playmaker"?

Hughes will set his team up to bully us from start to finish. I REALLY hope Kaboul is available for this one. Whilst Zamora and Cisse are not Didier Drogba, they can certainly expolit clear weaknesses in the Gallas and King CB partnership at present.

We'll need to battle in this one, plus the Derby atmosphere will be very very intimidating for anyone not up for the fight.
I'd say we start the same team that started against Chelsea; they'll be all wanting to set the record straight. Save defoe for later. Also if we're winning bring on Sandro in the last 10 minutes to shut up shop.

Parker will be crucial in this one.

That Wigan result has opned up the race for 3rd again - this league is so crazy atm.
Bearing in mind all our rivals will have played before us and we will also have to have a strong determined attitude.
Win this, we can still get 4th; lose this it'll be 6th.

King always struggles with Zamora. QPR have a few players that have a decent history of scoring goals v us. Zamora, Cisse, SWP.
Mackie seems to be a real handful these days.

We're going to have to play at our best to get a result here. The difficult thing is for us to go from 1st to 5th gear just like that.

Really need to be clinical in front of goal for once. Hate the dilemma that Defoe is the most clinical player we have but we pretty much always seem to mess up when he starts.

Spurs stars call for response

Gallas and Parker admit worries

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: April 17, 2012 8:31am

Both players started the emphatic 5-1 FA Cup semi-final loss to Chelsea on Sunday, and neither could hide their disappointment.

Now the battle for fourth place is set to ensue and neither player seems massively confident about Spurs' chances.

"I think we have to improve a lot," Gallas said.

"Even if we have good players and a good squad this result shows we are not ready yet."

Asked if he was worried that the season was falling apart, Gallas added: "Yes, everybody is worried because at the beginning of the season everybody was talking about us, saying we play good football, we can finish third, we are 10 points in front of Arsenal.

"If we don't end up fourth this year, we will have failed as a squad."
Scott Parker Quotes of the week

"Now we are five points behind them and we have lost the semi-final. It will be difficult because Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are behind us and, after that victory, Chelsea will be very strong. I think they will finish very well so we have to finish well as well."

England issue

Gallas confirmed that the managerial issue over whether manager Harry Redknapp would replace Fabio Capello with England has not been a distraction, and the Spurs boss even approached the subject.

"Nobody has been talking about what we will do next season," Gallas said.

"His priority has been to get the team to qualify for the Champions League. So when the people start to speak about him for the national team he came to the dressing room and said: 'Guys, I am very focused on the Champions League and that's it'."

Parker also insisted that the England subject is not a concern for them, saying: "I've not thought about it really.

"It's probably a combination of a few things: a dip in form, a bit of tiredness.

"People are doubting us, whether that be our own fans, even our own manager probably at this moment in time is doubting us a little bit.

"We need to stand up and be counted for, and show the fans, and show him that we're going to try and end up fourth. If we don't end up fourth this year, we will have failed as a squad."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7678566/Spurs-stars-call-for-response

Parker - Top four or nothing

Spurs midfielder has sights set on Champions League

Last Updated: April 16, 2012 5:26pm

An 11-match unbeaten run towards the end of 2011 meant Spurs were challenging both Manchester clubs at the top of the table, with some suggesting that the side could bring the league title to White Hart Lane for the first time since 1961.

But their season is on the verge of imploding, with just one win in their last eight league games and on Sunday a 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Chelsea ended hopes of reaching the FA Cup final.

"If we don't end up fourth we will have failed as a squad."
Scott Parker Quotes of the week

Tottenham have slipped behind Arsenal in the league table and are now fighting Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea for the final Champions League spot, something Parker says they must achieve.

"If we don't end up fourth we will have failed as a squad," he said.

"We've had a fantastic ride this year and we've dipped, that's obvious.

"Even our own manager is probably doubting us a little bit at the moment. Others (are) too, like our own fans."

Speculation

Spurs' down-turn in form coincided with Fabio Capello's resignation as England manager and Harry Redknapp was made favourite by the bookies to replace the Italian.

Since Capello resigned Tottenham have played 14 times and won just five, but Parker feels the on-going speculation has not affected the players.

"Has the speculation about the manager affected us? I wouldn't like to think it had," he added.

"It's probably a combination of a few things - dip in form, a bit of tiredness, but we need to try to stay mentally strong and grind it out now."

Chelsea were awarded a controversial second goal on their way to victory, with replays showing that the ball hadn't crossed the line, and Parker is hoping the incident will motivate the players to end the season on a positive note.

"Something like yesterday's result might just kick us on," he said.

"We can try to get that siege mentality. We need to stand up and be counted and show the fans and show the manager that we're going to try to end up in fourth place.

"We've had a few hard-luck stories but we can't look back at those now. We have five games left and we need to win those.

"We haven't got 20 games left where we can sit down and analyse where we're going wrong. We need to try to stay positive and grind out the rest of the season and get fourth."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7677888/Parker-Top-four-or-nothing

Watching Van Persie last night...he looked so burnt out, because he's played 90 minutes every week all season. It made me think that almost our entire starting XI is like this. So who can we play on Saturday that's still relatively fresh?

The players that spring to mind are Defoe, Lennon, Livermore, Sandro, Gallas and Rose. But it wouldn't be seen as "resting" Modric, Bale, Van Der Vaart or Assou-Ekotto, it would be seen as dropping them after a poor run.

I usually hate all the talk in the media. But coming from Gallas and Scotty and knowing their character, I enjoyed reading that. I think they are hurting. As much as us if not more. Their personal pride is at stake. People are calling them bottlers. Their own fans included. I urge them to use that anger. Get focussed, like never before.

When someone insults you and calls you brick, you don't sit there and take it. You come out fighting. Harder than ever, because someone is questioning your character. Your motivation. Your drive for success.

I really do hope these guys are fired up like I have never seen them before.

Back