• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

Lennon is an important player but the world will continue if he misses a couple of games. You want your best players but blimey, its like the guy is going to be worth 2 or 3 goals by himself.

It's his all round game we will miss. Walker is MASSIVELY helped out defensively by Lennon. I'm hoping that if we do indeed play Holtby there he shows the work rate he has and gets up and down that pitch because Enrique will rip us to shreds on the left.

I don't deny he's important but we can't crumble every time we have an injury! If missing Lennon means our chances reduce by around 55% means something is very wrong. We have talented players who can come in and do a job.

I suppose thats where lack of "like-for-like" replacements come in. If we had a pacy right sided player who could come in for the game, get told to track up and down all game, we wouldn't be perfect but it'd be more than a replacement. With someone, we have to change our style completely. Nothing wrong with that however.

I agree totally. Its been an issue for seasons that hasn't been addressed. At least now we have better replacements - before when Lennon was out we'd bring in someone like Kranjcar. Good player and all that but we're much better off with the likes of Siggy and Holtby.

But it is a bit of a wonder, how a team so built on speed doesn't have like for like replacements for its main attacking components.

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling nervous already. Hope we can continue our good form. Hope the players turn up with the right mentality to beat Liverpool.

Not having a pop - but every week you come out with the same thing about 3 hours before the game. The line-ups are always announced 45 minutes before kick off.

This will be the team IMO
-----------------Lloris------------------
Walker-----Verts------Daws-----BAE
Holtby----Dembele----Parker---Siggy
-----------------Bale---------------
----------------Defoe--------------

I don't deny he's important but we can't crumble every time we have an injury! If missing Lennon means our chances reduce by around 55% means something is very wrong. We have talented players who can come in and do a job.

not for the system we employ though AE. you need some kind of pressure valve and thats pace for us as we are a counter punching team

bale should flank it today. , we'll be alright then

Lennons an important player but we are a good team and losing him doesn't destroy our hopes of getting a win here today.

not for the system we employ though AE. you need some kind of pressure valve and thats pace for us as we are a counter punching team

bale should flank it today. , we'll be alright then

We don't have like for like replacements who can slip into his place, but we need to be able to win without Lennon available.

Lennons an important player but we are a good team and losing him doesn't destroy our hopes of getting a win here today.

doesnt destroy them but it hacks off a big liklehood to play our game which so far has been pretty good

if bale wings it then i think we can adapt no problem. if bale is in the middle then we will have to switch up our style

Not having a pop - but every week you come out with the same thing about 3 hours before the game. The line-ups are always announced 45 minutes before kick off.

This will be the team IMO
-----------------Lloris------------------
Walker-----Verts------Daws-----BAE
Holtby----Dembele----Parker---Siggy
-----------------Bale---------------
----------------Defoe--------------

And every week someone complains about it. Why, it's almost like some sort of pre-match ritual ;)

Some more LFC comments;

- I fudging HATE THESE COME THE fudge ON LIVERPOOL. Tottenham are a horrible gang of overrated brick and their fans are vile. Five times you pointless tacos

- No, not in the close build up to the game. Everyone as one, everyone oozing with confidence, the whole fan base. Let's do these overhyped bunch of cretins. They have bale. Big whoop. We have Luis Suarez.

- To be honest though, I can see Spurs sitting back and just hitting us on the counter. It's worked for them for 3 seasons now.

- Haven't watched much football recently but I heard that this Bale guy is on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo if not even better. Surely we should just succumb to such brilliance as we clearly don't have a chance against Bale the champion of the universe.

- Spuds are due a tanking from us hope it's today.

- That said we should prove stiffer opposition for them than Inter did on Thursday...
Pretty sure that Villas-Boas will have something up his sleeve, he might have a point to prove to our owners

- Suarez - Sturridge - Coutinho would be ridiculous. 10 goals at least.

Absolutely delusional.

Last edited:
well in a couple of hours we'll know how delusional (or not) they are.

lets hope we don't get turned over today it would be hard to stomach.

doesnt destroy them but it hacks off a big liklehood to play our game which so far has been pretty good

if bale wings it then i think we can adapt no problem. if bale is in the middle then we will have to switch up our style

Agreed.

We need a natrual winger or it'll be a clusterfudge in the middle.

We don't have like for like replacements who can slip into his place, but we need to be able to win without Lennon available.

we need to be able to win without bale available either. doesnt make the loss of him any less a blow

i really dont think people appreciate how important lennon is. there is a reason AVB has practically played him into an injury. this guy is important to the setup...REALLY important

Back