• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

The restart of the game has to be a hard cut off. All kinds of things could happen straight from the restart that canake the problem even worse.

We could have hoofed the ball up the other end and scored, someone could have got badly injured. The arguments and litigation would be worse than just accepting the error.

Yeah. And as you pointed out on the freekick that lead to their goal. What do you check now and how far back if a goal is scored?

Not a freekick, should have been. A goal kick rather than a corner?

Only checking back to the whistle gives that hard line.

VAR: Possible offside Diaz

Assistant referee 1: Coming back for the offside mate

Assistant referee 2: Give it

VAR: Just checking the offside. Delay, delay

VAR: Give the kick point, let's go. Kick point please

Referee: Yeah no worries mate

Replay operator: So here we are

Referee: Wait ok

Replay operator: Just get a tight angle

VAR: Yeah give me a 2D line ready after this one for frame two after that

Replay operator: So frame two there?

VAR: That's fine

VAR: Perfect yeah

VAR: 2D line on left boot

Replay operator: Let me just switch angles

VAR: Romero I think it is?

Replay operator: I think it might be this angle better? Happy with this angle?

VAR: Yep

Replay operator: 2D line on the boot. Yep ok.

VAR: And stop.

VAR: Check complete, check complete. That's fine, perfect (showing Diaz is clearly onside). Off.

Referee: Cheers mate

VAR: Thank you mate

Referee. Well done boys. Good process (game restarts with a free-kick)

Replay operator: Wait, wait, wait, wait. The on-field decision was offside. Are you happy with this?

Assistant VAR: Yeah

Replay operator: Are you happy with this?

Assistant VAR: Offside goal yeah. That's wrong Daz.

VAR: What?

Replay operator: On-field decision was offside. Are you happy with this image? Yeah it's onside. The image that we gave them is onside.

Assistant VAR: He's played him. He's gone offside.

VAR: Oh (expletive)

Replay operative: Delay delay. Oli [PGMOL Hub Ops] saying to delay. Oli's saying to delay.

VAR: Pardon.

Replay operator: Oli's calling in to say delay the game. The decision is onside

VAR: Can't do anything

Replay operator: Oli's saying to delay. Oli's saying to delay

VAR: Oli?

Fourth official: Yeah

Replay operative: Delay the game, to delay the game? Stop the game.

VAR: They've restarted the game

VAR: Can't do anything, can't do anything.

Assistant VAR: Yeah, they've restarted. Yeah

VAR: Can't do anything.

Assistant VAR: no

VAR: I can't do anything. I can't do anything.

VAR: [expletive]

Is this some dialogue from "Waiting for Godot" that Beckett left out of the play?

I want to know if Wolves got the same treatment for their wrongly called offside goal against ‘pool in the cup last Jan?

Did they get recordings etc? Maybe they did.

edit: https://youtube.com/shorts/gYLdki2Fu9E?si=PLEd-aBxOdQRaPal

Course not

The big boys cried their eyes out about the game, wanted this VAR nonsense and Liverpool threw their weight around this weekend and it did them zero favours. I can't help but laugh at this mess, more so as I never wanted VAR

It doesn't really add anything, as it's accepted that the VAR didn't realise the linesman had given it as offside, so called the decision to be fine.
It just proves it was indeed a c*ck-up and that there needs to be clear comms back to VAR as to what the on-field call is.
It adds loads for one part of the country...that what probably happened actually did happen rather than xyz.

Yeah, They are told not to flag until the end of the phase (or what ever they call it) if they think it's offside.

Obvious calls should be flagged straight away.
Too risky...there's been plenty of obvious calls that have then turned out onside...it'll only take a couple for more club/media meltdowns.

This is going to end in a replayed game isnt it? Bound to as its us that benefitted on this occasion

I can't see it.
Unless there is something hidden away in the laws of the game there is nothing they can say to replay a game that played to the final whistle.

Only game I know of that replayed, was Arsenal and one of the Sheffield teams after arsenal scored on a passback (or something like that) and they offered.

Levy isn't giving up these points

Back