• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

Of course they are! They're not going to sabotage a product they paid a fortune to broadcast. As far as I can remember, there've always been people angry with the referees, claiming they favoured this or that team. Hell, I remember Ferguson's reign of terror when almost every decision went for his team and he still managed to complain almost every week.

There's always going to be someone unhappy at the end of a game. I've been that guy countless times. When Barnsley were in the Premier League, they lost a game to Liverpool with a couple of their players sent off and one of their fans was literally foaming at the mouth saying everybody was in cahoots to make sure Liverpool, Spurs and Everton wouldn't go down. Maybe they were - it's pointless to debate whether any of these people are right on wrong. They lost the game, the refereeing was brick and that should be the end of it.

Loving the suggestion that managers should be taken aside and the ref tells them, "look, we've made a mistake so tell your team to them score."
Can you fergies reaction to that after the Pedro mendes goal?

Ok so I’m starting to see why people hate Liverpool. Their reaction has been pathetic. Acting like they are the first side to ever have a decision go against them.

Still can’t see why people hate them more than our London rivals but I get the dislike for them. I think all the top clubs get whatever they want most of the time and just don’t like it when things go against them.

come on in, the water is fine

If that's a conspiracy then it's pretty poorly executed.
That audio's rather conclusive.
Whoever the replay operator is, they were the one who clocked that the on-field call was no goal. The VAR operator didn't, but clearly thought they were allowing the goal with their ruling.

Looks like they just need some robotic like sequence of phrases that are followed every single time that eliminates doubt and gives finality to a sequence.

I think the man in the VAR room was sold slightly on the assumption, as virtually is always the case these days, that the linesman had let the attack run to its conclusion without flagging, so not realising the call on the field was offside. Although tbf he is watching the screen and listening to comms.....so??

It doesn't really add anything, as it's accepted that the VAR didn't realise the linesman had given it as offside, so called the decision to be fine.
It just proves it was indeed a c*ck-up and that there needs to be clear comms back to VAR as to what the on-field call is.

They will go absolutely nuts now and the media will start "there should be a replay" campaign which could force it to happen, where this could lead is uncertain, what will happen with the clubs who have had apologises for mistakes by officials, will they leave it there or also want replays, it would also set a precedent for the future.

Looks like they just need some robotic like sequence of phrases that are followed every single time that eliminates doubt and gives finality to a sequence.

I think the man in the VAR room was sold slightly on the assumption, as virtually is always the case these days, that the linesman had let the attack run to its conclusion without flagging, so not realising the call on the field was offside. Although tbf he is watching the screen and listening to comms.....so??
In rugby they are just human. The referee concludes the conversation (which is broadcast live) with, "so just to confirm, my decision will be to award x"

If that's a conspiracy then it's pretty poorly executed.
That audio's rather conclusive.
Whoever the replay operator is, they were the one who clocked that the on-field call was no goal. The VAR operator didn't, but clearly thought they were allowing the goal with their ruling.

Yep, ironically the VAR call itself is spot on.

Don’t they normally flag at the end though?

VAR: Possible offside Diaz

Assistant referee 1: Coming back for the offside mate

Assistant referee 2: Give it

VAR: Just checking the offside. Delay, delay

VAR: Give the kick point, let's go. Kick point please

Referee: Yeah no worries mate

Replay operator: So here we are

Referee: Wait ok

Replay operator: Just get a tight angle

VAR: Yeah give me a 2D line ready after this one for frame two after that

Replay operator: So frame two there?

VAR: That's fine

VAR: Perfect yeah

VAR: 2D line on left boot

Replay operator: Let me just switch angles

VAR: Romero I think it is?

Replay operator: I think it might be this angle better? Happy with this angle?

VAR: Yep

Replay operator: 2D line on the boot. Yep ok.

VAR: And stop.

VAR: Check complete, check complete. That's fine, perfect (showing Diaz is clearly onside). Off.

Referee: Cheers mate

VAR: Thank you mate

Referee. Well done boys. Good process (game restarts with a free-kick)

Replay operator: Wait, wait, wait, wait. The on-field decision was offside. Are you happy with this?

Assistant VAR: Yeah

Replay operator: Are you happy with this?

Assistant VAR: Offside goal yeah. That's wrong Daz.

VAR: What?

Replay operator: On-field decision was offside. Are you happy with this image? Yeah it's onside. The image that we gave them is onside.

Assistant VAR: He's played him. He's gone offside.

VAR: Oh (expletive)

Replay operative: Delay delay. Oli [PGMOL Hub Ops] saying to delay. Oli's saying to delay.

VAR: Pardon.

Replay operator: Oli's calling in to say delay the game. The decision is onside

VAR: Can't do anything

Replay operator: Oli's saying to delay. Oli's saying to delay

VAR: Oli?

Fourth official: Yeah

Replay operative: Delay the game, to delay the game? Stop the game.

VAR: They've restarted the game

VAR: Can't do anything, can't do anything.

Assistant VAR: Yeah, they've restarted. Yeah

VAR: Can't do anything.

Assistant VAR: no

VAR: I can't do anything. I can't do anything.

VAR: [expletive]

Poor f*cker, imagine that sinking feeling when he realised what happened!

i don’t know why they didn’t tell the ref to stop the game though, they realised within seconds. Literally nothing had happened in that 5 seconds or so.

quite clearly a genuine error, as the PGMOL stated straight away. Not quite the smoking gun Liverpool we’re looking for is it!?

Poor f*cker, imagine that sinking feeling when he realised what happened!

i don’t know why they didn’t tell the ref to stop the game though, they realised within seconds. Literally nothing had happened in that 5 seconds or so.

quite clearly a genuine error, as the PGMOL stated straight away. Not quite the smoking gun Liverpool we’re looking for is it!?
The restart of the game has to be a hard cut off. All kinds of things could happen straight from the restart that can make the problem even worse.

We could have hoofed the ball up the other end and scored, someone could have got badly injured. The arguments and litigation would be worse than just accepting the error.

Last edited:
Back