• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

If Poch can safely guide us through the run-in, it would be the first time that Spurs have gone unbeaten against the bottom 6 in the league since 1995-96. A potentially quite remarkable feat considering how inexperienced this squad is.

While I have heard many "clutching at straws" praise of Poch this season by some people here, that one is right up there with the best. :)

While I have heard many "clutching at straws" praise of Poch this season by some people here, that one is right up there with the best. :)

If it's such a "clutching at straws" praise, why haven't we been able to do that since 95/96?

I assume if we fail to do that you won't be particularly upset with Poch as it was only a "clutching at straws" praise anyway?

just want to see us play good football.

start with the same 11 at old trafford - to keep thing constant - and lets see if that config needs improvement or if it was just a one-off bad day in the office.

If it's such a "clutching at straws" praise, why haven't we been able to do that since 95/96?

I assume if we fail to do that you won't be particularly upset with Poch as it was only a "clutching at straws" praise anyway?

Im happy to give credit where its due, Its just that's it a completely pointless stat. We could be unbeaten against the bottom 6 and finish 15th. So what ? You may as well create a stat praising Poch for beating all the teams with E in their name. Its just as pointless.

Im more concerned about the fact that Poch was unable to motivate our team for such a massive game last week, meaning we are on course to finish 7th (at best), just above Stoke. I refuse to bury my head in the sand that everything is just fine and dandy, but of course, I realise Im in the minority and everyone is free to think what they like. :) Happy to be proved wrong.

Im happy to give credit where its due, Its just that's it a completely pointless stat. We could be unbeaten against the bottom 6 and finish 15th. So what ? You may as well create a stat praising Poch for beating all the teams with E in their name. Its just as pointless.

Im more concerned about the fact that Poch was unable to motivate our team for such a massive game last week, meaning we are on course to finish 7th (at best), just above Stoke. I refuse to bury my head in the sand that everything is just fine and dandy, but of course, I realise Im in the minority and everyone is free to think what they like. :) Happy to be proved wrong.

As has been pointed out repeatedly. Doing well against the smaller teams is a great step towards success. We've obviously left points on the table against those bottom teams every season we've come close to achieving our goals, but ultimately fallen just short...

I don't think anyone's is saying that "everything is just fine and dandy". But people are seeing a good development for the team and squad and happy to look at positives.

Not entirely surprised that you chose to focus on the negatives though ;)

As has been pointed out repeatedly. Doing well against the smaller teams is a great step towards success. We've obviously left points on the table against those bottom teams every season we've come close to achieving our goals, but ultimately fallen just short...

I don't think anyone's is saying that "everything is just fine and dandy". But people are seeing a good development for the team and squad and happy to look at positives.

Not entirely surprised that you chose to focus on the negatives though ;)

Winning as many games as we can is a great step towards success. To put the pointlessness of the stat in context, we finished top 4 twice whilst losing to teams in the bottom 6. Of course, we could improve our record against the bottom 6, but at the same time, we need to improve our record against the top teams too.

Im chuckling at some of the positives I hear. For example, the funniest thing on the Man Utd OMT was seeing people praise Poch for taking off Townsend...............instead of rightly criticizing him for playing him in the first place when its clear to man, woman and beast that he would be useless in that game. As, I said im happy to be proved wrong.................until then I will remain unconvinced, but hopeful that we put in a realy good performance and win this game :)

you keep mentioning that we'd be finishing above Stoke - should we not be?

We all know the first 11, the issues/options are

Lamela/Townsend - honestly I think they are both equally ineffective, ballsy move at home might be play neither of them and play two strikers up front, Kane/Ade or Kane/Bobby

Mason (based on the comments here) - personally I don't think we have an option, reason Mason gets his place in side vs. Dembele/Paulinho/Stambouli is the speed with which he recycles the ball. Whenever our team has been successful in the last 3+ years is when we raise our tempo, slow it down and too easy to nullify.

No worries, I will be at White Hart Lane on saturday and I have never seen Spurs lose live yet.

This will be an easy 3-0 With goals from Kane, Lamela and Soldado.

Good Luck :)

Id love to see mason and townsend dropped. And Dacies given a run of games. And lamela, let's give him the last 9 and see how he does before the summer reshuffle.

Lloris, walker, Fazio, jan, Davies, bentaleb, dembele, Lamela, eriksen, chadli, kane

I think Eriksen looks really tired, so would axtually play Stambouli in away games and push Dembele further up the pitch to shore things up a bit more.

Lots of people wanting to drop Mason, around the time he's being tipped for an England call-up....

I dont get why a large number of people on here dont seem to rate him, or want to make him the spacegoat after we get a poor result

Ive never rated him, I seemed to be the only one for a while but I think people are starting to realise how bad this guy is. I really think he's pretty awful to be honest, work rste, effort blah blah blah the guy isn't good enough defensively, not creative, awful shot, he offers nothing and is not close to the standard we need.

Ive never rated him, I seemed to be the only one for a while but I think people are starting to realise how bad this guy is. I really think he's pretty awful to be honest, work rste, effort blah blah blah the guy isn't good enough defensively, not creative, awful shot, he offers nothing and is not close to the standard we need.

So poor defensively ;)

PkAWYXD.png

Can we play a diamond?

I wonder if we could go like this:

Lloris

Walker -- Fazio -- Verts -- Rose

Stambouli

Mason -- Bentaleb

Eriksen

Kane -- Soldado/Ade

Doable?

worryingly, I can't remember the last time we did the double on Leicester...

On a more positive spin, we played and beat Leicester in the League Cup final in 1999 and they did the league double over us in that season...perhaps we can sort of get the reverse of that this season.....COYS

If Pochettino start exactly the same team that started against ManU, then people will start to lose the confidence in him. Surely, you need to make changes to the team that have just put up one of the worst performance around. I will be very annoyed if Mason and Bentaleb start together in midfield in this match.

Really would love a clean sheet. Not seeing any signs of tightening up at the back. Mainly we just need to start showing that we are learning from these individual mistakes and correct some of them now.

I think we'll turn up for this one.

Back