• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fussball Club Basel 1893 OMT **

They were all signed under his watch. So the ones you say he didnt sanction - should he be held responsible for?

It seems incredulous to me that a new manager would not have any say over the new signings. My understanding is that only Verts well under way before he arrived.

Are you therefore saying, he didnt want Ade? Or Sig? Or Lloris? Or Dembele ? Or Dempsey? or Holtby? If that was the case, why are we signing players the manager doesnt want.

Given your scenario, all the funds should have been spent on Damio, Moutinho and Willian - or players of that ilk - NOT a bevy of similar type players in positions where we were already well stocked? Especially given the other areas which anyone with any sense can see we needed cover (or better) desperately.

You dont seem to want to hold AVB accountable for anything. Strange given he is the manager.

Also, who sanctioned all those players to go out on loan? Again, not AVB I suppose in your apologist world.

Finally, Bale got injured in the Fulham match and was plainly struggling virtually throughout. He got flu and was injured. Do you thing SAF would have allowed a player in that condition to go on international duty? He couldnt complete more than 45 minutes against Scotland, and then picked up yet another niggling injury against Croatia. Knowing all this, AVB played him in no less than four positions against Basel. He was clearly knackered and injured and still he hasnt been given any sort of protection by our management. I just hope his injury isnt as bad as it looked. According to AVB he should be back for the City game - but we all know how accurate he is at forcasting returnees from injury.

You don't read and you don't pay attention. You twist people's words to suit your agenda. I did not say that about the signings. Look back. I quite clearly said he wanted Lloris for a start. FFS!

I won't bother going into the signing of players. I thought Willian was a decent request on his part, and I thought he should've got Moutinho because he wanted him from the get go. He didn't. That's life. I choose to move on and get the fudge on with watching what he HAS got.

As for 'not wanting to hold him to account for anything' what total rubbish! I have criticized decisions he's made, the difference is (as I have repeatedly said) I CHOOSE TO APPLY CONTEXT. That you don't is your choice. Have at it. I'm bored of it personally, but again, have at it.

Loans? OK, who would you have kept? Townshend? Fine. if you want to hang him for not keeping Andros fudging Townshend, again, go for it. I think it's pathetic BTW, but again, a free country. Don't expect me to join you in that 'opinion'.

As for your comments about Bale/injury/Wales...well, what can I say? You clearly want to blame someone for all of it. So again, enjoy that. Personally? I think it's absurd.
You strike me as someone who would be upset that Adebayor had another good game today because it doesn't allow you to slag him; please GHod I'm wrong about that.

How pretentious.

No NOT pretentious, a stone-cold FACT! You really know NOTHING about me. It was a self-deprecating FACT, yet like the 'man' you are, you choose to see something else...again, in my 29-year career, an army of proof readers have saved my misspelling arse too many times. And I thank them all for it.

Back