• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Dinamo Tbilisi OMT ***

Not very much to complain about there.

8-0.

Good run-out for the lads.

Nice goal from Holtby.

4 games played.

10 goals scored.

4 clean sheets.

Roll-on Sunday!

There is absolutely nothing to complain about in this game except for WUMs

Well done finding a negative.

Kane is almost exactly two years younger than Andros Townsend. I remember an EL game during Redknapp's last season where Townsend was played out of position as a left back and he looked pretty much useless.

I remember reading quite a few posts on here (not saying they were from you, can't remember the posters and I don't care) writing off Townsend before his QPR loan in January.

Not saying either of them will definitely make it with us, just suggesting that perhaps a little bit of patience and slightly less definitive attitude would be a decent option...

As milo has already pointed out "sell now" is at best misguided.

=D>

Total shots: 17-3
On target: 7-1
Corners: 7-0
Offsides: 4-4
Fouls: 10-8
Yellows: 2-1

First offsides of the season for us. Defoe with all 4.

Boy was I wrong, Tiblisi were worse than the first game. It was a perfect match for us, game time for players that needed it, good result, no injuries. I was pleased to see Holtby and Carroll worked so well.

I was suggesting that we loan him out. We're unlikely to lose money doing that and he might improve.

I agree and he needs to go somewhere where he will play in the PL.

:-k

How about Palace for when they get really sick of how **** Chamakh is?

A5071_zps9df53194.jpg

Jermain Defoe's two goals for Spurs tonight against Dinamo Tbilisi puts him on 135 for the club.

This puts him in 6th place in the all-time Tottenham Hotspur Goalscorers table.

Jimmy Greaves 1961-70 266
Bobby Smith 1955-64 208
Martin Chivers 1968-76 174
Cliff Jones 1958-68 159
George Hunt 1930-37 137
Jermain Defoe 2004-13 135
Len Duquemin 1947-57 134
Alan Gilzean 1964-74 133
Teddy Sheringham 1992-2003 124
Robbie Keane 2002-11 122
Les Bennett 1946-54 116
Jimmy Dimmock 1919-31 112
Glenn Hoddle 1975-87 110
Bertie Bliss 1912-22 106
Johnny Morrison 1933-39 102
Billy Minter 1908-19 101
'Taffy' O'Callaghan 1927-35 99

Tottenham Hotspur All-Time Top Goalscorers Records

Tom Carroll @tom_carroll92

Thanks for all the messages tonight! Gd performance from the lads..happy to get some game time

Harry Kane @hkane28

Great professional performance from the lads tonight, good to get some minutes again ! Another win another clean sheet ! #thfc

Gylfi: 'Nice to get a clean sheet and good to be in the group stages. Great to see a lot of people here tonight'

BS3gduoIgAAdJLq.jpg:small

Lewis: 'I felt pretty fit. It wasn't the best summer but I needed that to get a big hunger for my football. I enjoy being on the pitch and I feel blessed to be playing. Everyone has a chance now, everyone is playing good football. I think we have a good squad but we have to keep the hard work up'

BS3YeMjCMAAFtP9.jpg

Andre: 'The boys showed great professionalism and great responsibility. They were not complacent in any way and we achieved a great result. There were some great moments of football so I'm happy for everyone and looking forward to the draw tomorrow'

BS3cXClCAAAhgaR.jpg

Well done finding a negative.

Kane is almost exactly two years younger than Andros Townsend. I remember an EL game during Redknapp's last season where Townsend was played out of position as a left back and he looked pretty much useless.

I remember reading quite a few posts on here (not saying they were from you, can't remember the posters and I don't care) writing off Townsend before his QPR loan in January.

Not saying either of them will definitely make it with us, just suggesting that perhaps a little bit of patience and slightly less definitive attitude would be a decent option...

As milo has already pointed out "sell now" is at best misguided.

Ok, I accept I may have been a bit quick to rush to judgement on him. A loan might be a good idea as I can't see him getting any game time here if we land all our supposed targets. How many attacking players can we accommodate?

Tom Carroll @tom_carroll92

Thanks for all the messages tonight! Gd performance from the lads..happy to get some game time

Harry Kane @hkane28

Great professional performance from the lads tonight, good to get some minutes again ! Another win another clean sheet ! #thfc

Gylfi: 'Nice to get a clean sheet and good to be in the group stages. Great to see a lot of people here tonight'

BS3gduoIgAAdJLq.jpg:small

Lewis: 'I felt pretty fit. It wasn't the best summer but I needed that to get a big hunger for my football. I enjoy being on the pitch and I feel blessed to be playing. Everyone has a chance now, everyone is playing good football. I think we have a good squad but we have to keep the hard work up'

BS3YeMjCMAAFtP9.jpg

Andre: 'The boys showed great professionalism and great responsibility. They were not complacent in any way and we achieved a great result. There were some great moments of football so I'm happy for everyone and looking forward to the draw tomorrow'

BS3cXClCAAAhgaR.jpg

=D>

Not very much to complain about there.

8-0.

Good run-out for the lads.

Nice goal from Holtby.

4 games played.

10 goals scored.

4 clean sheets.

Roll-on Sunday!

For some dingdongheads on here there simply HAS to be something to complain about. I swear some people would be complaining if we did the quadruple.

4 clean sheets in a row, I could get used to this.

Being a Spurs fan is actually quite an enjoyable experience right now...it's an odd feeling! Long may it continue.

4 clean sheets in a row, I could get used to this.

Being a Spurs fan is actually quite an enjoyable experience right now...it's an odd feeling! Long may it continue.

Well technically, it's five consecutive competitive clean sheets in a row.

And 537 minutes since Tottenham last conceded a goal - Stoke City's Steven Nzonzi scoring in the 3rd minute of our penultimate league game last season.

Really enjoyed this match. We looked comfortable throughout the match and didn't look like conceding. Ofcourse, we were helped by Tbliisi being shyte but still thought we played really well. But we could have scored more goals if we were more clinical in front of the goal. Was really surprised to see us playing a strong team despite leading 5-0 from the first leg, especially in defence. It shows we are treating EL very seriously this season.

Nice to see Defoe scoring 2 goals. Hope we will keep him as he proves he can still be very usefull especially in Cup matches. Too bad he didn't score a hattrick as that would have boosted his confidence further. But it was silly the way he got booked for diving to win the penalty in the last minute. It was a great goal by Holty as well. What a way to score his first ever goal for us ! Hope it will boost his luck to score more goals for us.

In contrast, it was disappointing to see Sigurdsson hitting the post yet again. He seems to have the habit of always hitting the post without scoring many. Surely, he must do something about this. Maybe he should adjust the way he shoots at goals. Also disappointed Townsend didn't continue his recent goal run. He needs to be more consistent if he wants to play regularly for us.

Great to see our defence continue to keep clean sheets. Tbilisi didn't trouble us at all but still we looked solid in defence. Hope the Vertonghen-Kaboul partnership will be our first choice in defence this season. It is still early, but we seem to have a positive mentality in defence this season. Hope we will continue that mentality in the coming matches.

We have got a relatively easier opponents in the EL Group stage. Hope we will go all the way to win EL this season.

Back