• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***OMT ***

He need to change the game. And that was to give KAne more support. I Agree apart from Lennon there was little choice. This is why we need some wing forwards for our squad. And another striker. We currently have 5 for 3 positions. One possibly on his way out. And two still finding their way in the prem.

I agree we need new players that Poch trusts. I take no issue with you there. However, the fact that we don't already have these players isn't Poch's fault, that's our Glorious Leader's fault.

Maybe he shouldn't have given it but he thinks he's seen a foul and has a split second to call it. It's not an outrageously bad decision that merited the sort of abuse the poster I quoted gave him.

Thought we were okay today although some players had stinkers. The three behind Kane were poor especially Chadli. Poch made some bad decisions too.

Really ****ed off but we have to keep faith with this fella and allow him to build his own team and learn from his mistakes.

Yes I agree it wasn't an outrageous decision but I don't believe the referee could be sure and therefore couldn't of given it. Anyway I don't think we were good enough second half, you could see it coming one way or another - we invited them onto us as we couldn't keep the ball...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I agree we need new players that Poch trusts. I take no issue with you there. However, the fact that we don't already have these players isn't Poch's fault, that's our Glorious Leader's fault.

me too, a game manager in the cm would be good, and an explosive pacy striker

neither grow on trees mind

agreed. I actually think its good that he is not buying players left right and centre. For once a manager is taking stock of what he has and the young players. And maybe waiting for the summer to target the players he needs to get what he wants. That said we should move on some of our players he does not want. I would rather give the young players a chance than see some of them in the side.

With all that said I would not be against us signing a wing forward and a striker. That way we can ease them in this season ready for next. Being around the top 4 this season for me is a bonus. I was not expecting it. I hope we can keep it up but i saw this season as transitional.

Poch is meant to have wanted to slim down the squad in the summer and it is a reasonable assumption that he might have wanted to assess the senior players before making changes. Obviously we missed out on our first choice target last summer but I do not see how we can place too much blame on Levy beyond that.

we also scored a goal that was blatantly offside. It happens.

I wouldn't say blatantly.......marginally maybe :D

Either way its a bit of a come done after the last result and a good reminder not to get carried away by individual results. The longer game is everything. Just hoping we can do some business this window as its painfully obvious how much we miss certain individuals in the team when they are out as their replacements just don't give us what Poch appears to want from them in his system.

The problem is only clubs who can afford silly money manage to make decent signings in the Jan window. Most of what is available, is over priced dross.

Poch is meant to have wanted to slim down the squad in the summer and it is a reasonable assumption that he might have wanted to assess the senior players before making changes. Obviously we missed out on our first choice target last summer but I do not see how we can place too much blame on Levy beyond that.

First choice target in the DM role, first-choice target in the wing role (Rodriguez), first choice target(s) in the CB role (Moreno (no fault of anyone's, really, but still), Musacchio, Lovren).....and ended with a profit. Still, that's all dead and buried now, so even apportioning blame is a bit pointless. Just wanted to point out that Poch absolutely isn't to blame for not having a squad he fully trusts, and that the blame (if any, however pointless) for that lies higher up the chain.

Vorm - why hasn't he been a good signing so far? He was signed to be a back-up for Lloris, and he's played that role very well.

Davies - better than Rose, and apparently motivates Rose to up his game in training. Will get better. Again, not sure what the issue is with him.

Dier - brilliant opening, played out of position, received some horrendous abuse and then went into his shell a bit, poor lad. Still a great talent, acquired on the cheap.

Fazio - bargain bin replacement for the likes of Musacchio and Lovren, but has performed admirably well and has settled into the side next to Verts.

Stambouli - utterly bargain bin replacement for Poch's first choice, Schneiderlin - don't even think Poch particularly wanted him, but he's been....alright so far, I guess?

A bit of unjustified criticism there, imo.

My point is that we have so many much of a muchness players, what we NEED is quality to improve what we have, not back ups or more of the same. Real quality not quantity is required. I would like our squad to be trimmed by 8 or 9 and three quality players brought in. It is on that we should judge Poch. None of the players listed are top four quality IMO.

My point is that we have so many much of a muchness players, what we NEED is quality to improve what we have, not back ups or more of the same. Real quality not quantity is required. I would like our squad to be trimmed by 8 or 9 and three quality players brought in. It is on that we should judge Poch. None of the players listed are top four quality IMO.

We can't have a 23/24/25 man squad full of top-four quality players, though I know that wasn't the exact point you were trying to make. I'm not disagreeing with you in that we need quality, not quantity, but the backups and competition players that we do have heading into the next season and the one after that have to still be players Poch trusts and knows: I think he was largely forced to choose his 'backup' players this summer, and that's what we got - backups. The actual quality players (if the Glorious Leader deigns to make bids of more than 10 million pounds for them, of course) will come in the next few windows, but that doesn't mean we should judge these players according to inflated standards when their roles in the squad were probably meant to be very different to the marquee 'quality' players that we also need.

Davies is top 4 quality in my view. So is Vorm as a backup keeper. Jesus, Arsenal have had worse as first choice keepers over the years and always made the top 4.

Liverpool had a lot of average players last year when they finished second. This whole "not a top 4 player" needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

First choice target in the DM role, first-choice target in the wing role (Rodriguez), first choice target(s) in the CB role (Moreno (no fault of anyone's, really, but still), Musacchio, Lovren).....and ended with a profit. Still, that's all dead and buried now, so even apportioning blame is a bit pointless. Just wanted to point out that Poch absolutely isn't to blame for not having a squad he fully trusts, and that the blame (if any, however pointless) for that lies higher up the chain.

First choice DM = unavailable

First choice FW = injured

First choice CB = anyone's guess, we simply do NOT know, but Moreno was injured and I'd say Fazio is a better player and a better fit than both Lovren and Mussachio.

Biggest disappointment for me, and something that hasn't been mentioned much.

Eriksen.

So, so weak both physically and mentally.

Back