• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea OMT ***

Depends on the chance, if it’s a cross that needs to be attacked, which one is more likely to fight to get a head on it first?

The system Ange plays is about tap ins.
Fans keep on talking about the screamers players used to score
It’s like chalk and cheese
His system is about scoring goals, there's not one set way. If it looks like that to you I'd say it's again on the players lack of confidence, reverting to single ways to find goals as some sort of coping mechanism.

His system is about scoring goals, there's not one set way. If it looks like that to you I'd say it's again on the players lack of confidence, reverting to single ways to find goals as some sort of coping mechanism.
I’m sure you’re gonna correct me but it’s all about creating the volume of high quality chances that should get scored.
It’s not about one player being able to curl a 25 yarder into the top corner

not losing my mind, I am just flummoxed as to why these performances are happening as most people are I'm guessing.
Maybe some things cannot be explained. But something is wrong, and discussing it is fair enough no??
Yes agree. Spurs fans have become entitled. That is the main thing that is wrong. Obviously there are many things to improve on within the side. But that takes time.

Yeah I’ve seen much worse. But when we were winning, he was dealing with this stuff just as dismissively but with good humour. He wasn’t particularly pleasant tonight.

Guess that’s football managers though. Ours isn’t much different to the rest when it comes to things like this.

Good! Who wants a manager who’s all smiles and amiable when losing?

I thought first half we were very poor. Second half decent, but again lacked cutting edge in both boxes.

Yet we have scored plenty of screamers this season. Especially at the beginning.
When no one one knew how we played and didn’t low block us
People ask what’s changed.. it’s that simple
Play low block because you know we will play either congested or wide
The screamers you refer too came from defenders too

I thought when we were playing well we were relying on Son and Maddison, (and not getting enough from the rest of the side). Both suffering from a dip of from/injuries, and teams marking the two more dangerous players.

We need more quality through the side. And we’re conceding huge amounts of soft set piece goals. If we just eradicated them, we’d look very decent imo. Able to grind down sides and get wins. But when you give up one or two goals a game to set pieces you’re unlikely to get anything from games.

No
Although city do mainly
The classic cut back and tap in
But you don’t get the chances form the screamers if you haven’t taken the earlier, easier ones
Yeah I get you think Son is the root of a lot of our problems. I agree to a point but I think you exaggerate somewhat. We’ve got problems everywhere right now. Whatever you think of his capabilities or his suitability to the system, IMO we still have a better chance of scoring with him on the pitch than without him with the current crop of players we have and that’s probably why Ange plays him. He can be playing a 0/10 and still pop up with a goal. It’s absolutely something that needs to be addressed in the summer along with our inability to deal with set pieces, our forwards in general not being good enough and the need for a top drawer DM in the Rice or Rodri department, unlikely to get anything near as good but we need to try.

I thought when we were playing well we were relying on Son and Maddison, (and not getting enough from the rest of the side). Both suffering from a dip of from/injuries, and teams marking the two more dangerous players.

We need more quality through the side. And we’re conceding huge amounts of soft set piece goals. If we just eradicated them, we’d look very decent imo. Able to grind down sides and get wins. But when you give up one or two goals a game to set pieces you’re unlikely to get anything from games.
The first part does ring true I have to say
They were linking up well but.. no one sat deep back then

Both are suffering now for form and physicality

Teams have been low blocking us for years. It's not new.

Yeah I get you think Son is the root of a lot of our problems. I agree to a point but I think you exaggerate somewhat. We’ve got problems everywhere right now. Whatever you think of his capabilities or his suitability to the system, IMO we still have a better chance of scoring with him on the pitch than without him with the current crop of players we have and that’s probably why Ange plays him. He can be playing a 0/10 and still pop up with a goal. It’s absolutely something that needs to be addressed in the summer along with our inability to deal with set pieces, our forwards in general not being good enough and the need for a top drawer DM in the Rice or Rodri department, unlikely to get anything near as good but we need to try.

Som is knackered and I’m sure we will hear he is carrying another injury in the summee
But.. he is a poor player technically.
He may, may be able to do well playing wide but I can’t see it because his touch is bad and his passing is erratic. We love him for his worldies not his generally play. You literally say he can crop up with a goal but that hasnt happened in this team under Ange. Why is that?
He wasn’t the issue yesterday other than his possible lack of leadership can’t tell). But if your trying to build an attack and you star man can’t beat a kid on this 3rd start, playing out of position (he is a CB) you have to wonder what the fudge is going on… either Gilchrist is brilliant or son is gone for now (a rest may work)

The spine of the team is broken
We have two quality CBS and possibly more if and when we get to see others play.

We don’t, right now have a quality DM
We don’t have a stable or consistent 10
We don’t seem to what to stick with the only guy who can play CF in this system (and he isn’t the answer) so it all goes wrong

Son is just part of it but as I said earlier it reminds me of last year when people were saying my comments about Hugo costing us were wrong

Teams have been low blocking us for years. It's not new.
The teams we played in the early season run didn’t. Brentford did to a bit maybe but the rest didn’t
Well worth looking back at those games
Teams cottoned on and changed simply
Actually I’m wrong… Sheffield United did it too

Som is knackered and I’m sure we will hear he is carrying another injury in the summee
But.. he is a poor player technically.
He may, may be able to do well playing wide but I can’t see it because his touch is bad and his passing is erratic. We love him for his worldies not his generally play. You literally say he can crop up with a goal but that hasnt happened in this team under Ange. Why is that?
He wasn’t the issue yesterday other than his possible lack of leadership can’t tell). But if your trying to build an attack and you star man can’t beat a kid on this 3rd start, playing out of position (he is a CB) you have to wonder what the fudge is going on… either Gilchrist is brilliant or son is gone for now (a rest may work)

The spine of the team is broken
We have two quality CBS and possibly more if and when we get to see others play.

We don’t, right now have a quality DM
We don’t have a stable or consistent 10
We don’t seem to what to stick with the only guy who can play CF in this system (and he isn’t the answer) so it all goes wrong

Son is just part of it but as I said earlier it reminds me of last year when people were saying my comments about Hugo costing us were wrong
You say Son is poor technically but none of our forwards are very good technically, Kulu probably the best but he’s seriously off form and has been for ages. Our forwards have good physical attributes; pace, power etc but none of them (bar Kulu) have guile or trickery. We need to fix that along with a more suitable CF. Even if we get a better CF, it won’t make our other forwards better than they are already.

What was their logic for the nose dive?
The law of averages. Apparently we were over-performing in terms of xG or xG conversion or whatever it's called (basically, we were scoring more often than we should have) and we were also conceding less than the stats suggested. Apparently, the same thing happened with Fulham recently (I don't care about stats but I care even less about Fulham). I objected at the time that the numbers didn't take into account our peculiar style of play but it turns out he was right and I was wrong.

That's disappointing, like a lot of things are with us at the moment, but everything can be fixed. My biggest worry though is that I can't see us signing another number 10 one year after Maddison came in but his form obviously makes a huge difference to our attacking play. Depending on which Maddison we get next season, things could be different. Likewise, I remember Bissouma forced me to eat some humble pie early but, since then, he's reverted to everything I didn't like about him...

It's not rocket science but fixing these two positions and swapping Richarlison for a player more suited to what Postecoglou is looking for in a forward would be a huge step forward.

You say Son is poor technically but none of our forwards are very good technically, Kulu probably the best but he’s seriously off form and has been for ages. Our forwards have good physical attributes; pace, power etc but none of them (bar Kulu) have guile or trickery. We need to fix that along with a more suitable CF. Even if we get a better CF, it won’t make our other forwards better than they are already.
Can’t argue with that .. lots of pace but not much guile in that group

But son is like really bad.. for a guy who finishes at best in world level he controls the ball like a bomb

Back