• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Chelsea OMT***

Missed the GG and AVB years then? Plenty of defensive turgid football over the history of Spurs, it's certainly not all been gung ho, it wasn't even that under poch

we won like every game under AVB, Bale scored about 200 goals

under GG, we didn't always score, but the opposition didn't either, remember when we had like 13 0-0's in a row, beautiful, we didn't go all out defence, Armstrong and Iversen just missed a few chances

Need to keep a positive frame of mind, we all wasn’t expecting us to start the season this well so we need to keep level headed and just enjoy the season for what it is, a transition. Its going to have up’s and down but just enjoy the ride. The crowd, the players and big Ange were incredible tonight and i think we have seen us turn a corner tonight. The character and the confidence, we were well in that game with 9 men and maybe should have equalised. I also think the var decision on Sons goal was lined up at the wrong angle as the first angle showed the players toe playing him on imo.

Lets just take the positives and chill on the negatives, this isn’t a Conte team.

Teams don’t pick us off
They were lucky tonight even when we had 9 men
Don’t under estimate the way we play
We will smash teams even when we have players out IMO

Before Chelsea went 2-1 up they had chance after chance...we were brave but also very naive in not falling back a bit. If that was vs City, Arsenal or Liverpool we could have had a record-breaking loss

Need to keep a positive frame of mind, we all wasn’t expecting us to start the season this well so we need to keep level headed and just enjoy the season for what it is, a transition. Its going to have up’s and down but just enjoy the ride. The crowd, the players and big Ange were incredible tonight and i think we have seen us turn a corner tonight. The character and the confidence, we were well in that game with 9 men and maybe should have equalised. I also think the var decision on Sons goal was lined up at the wrong angle as the first angle showed the players toe playing him on imo.

Lets just take the positives and chill on the negatives, this isn’t a Conte team.

Chelsea wouldn't have had a shot against a Conte team

Before Chelsea went 2-1 up they had chance after chance...we were brave but also very naive in not falling back a bit. If that was vs City, Arsenal or Liverpool we could have had a record loss

999 times out of a 1000, you can give up chances to Sterling

got the first assist of his career tonight

We played attacking football under Poch, Sherwood (spit), Redknapp, Ramos, Jol, Hoddle, Ardiles and Venables in that time.
Taking away the romance of "being brave" etc why will continuing to play with a high line regardless of personnel bring us any more success than those in that list? For example, what is so different to Ardiles' time?

The original point was about us having played it out from the back, which I don't think we have regularly for every manager or period. Always been pockets of turd in our history and generally its been when we haven't played with any style.

I haven't seen any football like Ange style in the last 30 odd years, it's ridiculously unique in style

And get picked off by sides smarter than Chelsea again and again?
Remember if they had basic ball control and intelligence they could have had 8....

You really found a negative in that? Yes we made mistakes, but our passing and movement was faster and more crìsp. Yes we got hit on the counter after we lost 2 to sendings off and another couple through injury. But we still played well and had the possibility of winning it.

The original point was about us having played it out from the back, which I don't think we have regularly for a long period of times. Always been pockets of turd in our history and generally its been when we haven't played with any style.

I haven't seen any football like Ange style in the last 30 odd years, it's ridiculously unique in style

We played the ball out from the back under Pochettino and Conte. Playing out from the back isn't unique in our recent history, remember Vertonghen and Alderwiereld?
Some of our pockets of turd have been as a result of turd players but also naive tactics. I think tonight was very naive in the end

Before Chelsea went 2-1 up they had chance after chance...we were brave but also very naive in not falling back a bit. If that was vs City, Arsenal or Liverpool we could have had a record-breaking loss
They wouldn’t have if we had 11 men on
And we did we have already done some of those teams already

Reactions: DTA
So proud of the team tonight. Var, sendings off, injuries, conceding 4 goals aside.

WE WERE AMAZING.

Beautiful football. Never stopped going forward. Itmight be a spurs performance i'm most proud of.

Yes i am very drunk. But love this team.

Vicario is a GHod.
I was about to post something similar. I have loved this club since my first game, and ridden the waves. Ange gives me Poch + Burkinshaw vibes, and on we go.

The original point was about us having played it out from the back, which I don't think we have regularly for every manager or period. Always been pockets of turd in our history and generally its been when we haven't played with any style.

It’s the best football we have had in my adult life and I’m 47

You really found a negative in that? Yes we made mistakes, but our passing and movement was faster and more crìsp. Yes we got hit on the counter after we lost 2 to sendings off and another couple through injury. But we still played well and had the possibility of winning it.

I liked some of the 'bravery' but some of it was naive to the extreme. Having 20 minutes of Conte-ball in that second half might have secured a point. We kept giving Chelsea masses of space unneccesarily and this Chelsea side looked poor.

If some of the older heads on here can assure me with detail how this is NOT simply Ardiles football, i'd be most appreciative

Not for the feint of hearted. Even 2 players down we do it.

We played attacking football under Poch, Sherwood (spit), Redknapp, Ramos, Jol, Hoddle, Ardiles and Venables in that time.
Taking away the romance of "being brave" etc why will continuing to play with a high line regardless of personnel bring us any more success than those in that list? For example, what is so different to Ardiles' time?

And he should have taken Udogie off at half time, he was a walking red card.

Chelsea wouldn't have had a shot against a Conte team

Are you doing that thing where you're saying loads of ridiculous incorrect outlandish things and calling them "jokes"?

Fair enough if you're blackout drunk or whatever as it'd be rather hypocritical for me to call you out on that but if you're not inebriated and being sincere then definitely get some context and maybe think / reflect instead of typing for a little bit.

I liked some of the 'bravery' but some of it was naive to the extreme. Having 20 minutes of Conte-ball in that second half might have secured a point. We kept giving Chelsea masses of space unneccesarily and this Chelsea side looked poor.

If some of the older heads on here can assure me with detail how this is NOT simply Ardiles football, i'd be most appreciative
It’s so much smarter than ardiles ball
For a start w shave centre backs who can play
We don’t just throw 6 men forward at all times
It’s much smarter
Ardiles ball may have worked well with better defensive players TBF

Back