• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brighton OMT ***

I'd have never have guested, everyone is entitled to their opinion of how the team and individuals perform but the inane dissection of every goal and selected incidents is over the top. Virtually every goal scored in the history of the game could have been stopped if someone did something different, you don't need to be an "expert" to see that and if you need telling you not watching, most incident in a game are not clear cut and we all see them differently but only the experts on TV know what is right, the only thing that matters the refs decision, bloody annoying at times but keep picking the bones out of doesn't help or change anything.
If you don't really like the over analysis or detail, why come on a football forum where that is literally what you're going to get? I'm not trying to attack you, but it just seems strange that you dislike it but then subject yourself to it at the same time?

If you don't really like the over analysis or detail, why come on a football forum where that is literally what you're going to get? I'm not trying to attack you, but it just seems strange that you dislike it but then subject yourself to it at the same time?

I like the talk about football and other subjects which is the majority of content, can well do without expert analysis, have an opinion by all means but I can do without the thesis, I think a lot of the post are interesting until we get to the charts, stats and explanations of what went wrong. What ever we think on here are just our personal opinions and no extreme detail is every going to change what happened or effect the future.

I like the talk about football and other subjects which is the majority of content, can well do without expert analysis, have an opinion by all means but I can do without the thesis, I think a lot of the post are interesting until we get to the charts, stats and explanations of what went wrong. What ever we think on here are just our personal opinions and no extreme detail is every going to change what happened or effect the future.

Examples like when we win and people bang out XGs for why we shouldn't have etc. As I say, lack.of living in moments these days.

As usual Ange doesn't bullsh1t but calls it as it was: There was a lot I didn’t enjoy today. We were really poor in the first half. Some of that was Brighton are a very good side and very disciplined, well coached, and we lacked a real discipline and took some liberties..which was disappointing.
Anges demeanour at the post match interview/presser goes a long way to telling you what he thinks. And he's not just thinking about the game, he's thinking about progress.

Bit confused by your explanation. Doesn't that stat just show that we score and concede pretty much as expected goals would suggest?
It shows we're scoring slightly more than the expectation (about 13%, currently more so than anyone else) and conceding slightly fewer.

I saw an aussie post a long post on Reddit about how Ange's teams usually always have a rough first season, before they really kick on in his second season. It's definitely not the finished article yet, but we can all see what we're trying to do and which way it seems to be going. Patience! We're getting there. :)
Link?

Yes, but wouldn't you want to understand the why from a more informed perspective, rather than your own lay opinion?

During the game you probably just want to enjoy the action, but after all's said and done, it's interesting to know what went well and what not from an expert standpoint. But that's just me.

Yes, but wouldn't you want to understand the why from a more informed perspective, rather than your own lay opinion?

During the game you probably just want to enjoy the action, but after all's said and done, it's interesting to know what went well and what not from an expert standpoint. But that's just me.

No, what is the informed perspective of an old ex pro usually with a bias who has nor played the modern game worth?
If after watching and playing the game over 60 years I don't not what went well and what didn't I'm wasting my time, these experts have little knowledge of what instructions the players have or if they are carrying an injury and are just making the same mistakes in thier opinions as I do. I'm just and old fart but they are experts as that what its says on the tele.
Were you not aware we conceded the goal on Saturday as we were fannying about in a dangerous area or that we scored by using quick forward passes, no nor was I till I was told by an expert.

Well, well, well. I must post about my own stupidity here from Saturday.

Woke at 6am for my flight to Stansted. Had a light breakfast as I’m trying to shed a stone or two and got to airport and out to Tottenham Hale about 11ish. Decided against a fried breakfast and went and had a couple of pints. Yep, coz filling yourself full of pints really is a way to lose weight. Head to the ground around 1ish and stand down at level 1 listening to the musician with pints in hand. Figure I’ll get something to eat before the game. So two lads ask if they can stand in beside me. “Sure”, I said, “be my guest”. “Oh, is that an Irish accent,” says one of the lads who are from Dublin and we proceed to ‘have the craic’ until I realise it’s 2:55 so I need to get to my seat. Game happens, massive relief at the end and I’m meeting a mate from home after who is also at the game.

So I go across to where he is in the stadium and he’s drinking two pints at a time. Bunch more pints and the stadium closes. So we head to Number 8 and dance the night away till about 9:30 when the tequila, beer and no food take their toll and as much as I need to get home, he really needs to get home. Drag him up to WHL station and somehow get myself to Tottenham Hale and on the Stansted Express coz I’m staying out there and flying early Sunday.

Only I’m awoken by a fella throwing me off the train. “Ah bollox, I’ve slept through my stop”, thinks I. “Ah I’ll just wait and it’ll bring me back to Stansted”. Except it’s 12:30 and the train’s going nowhere. “Ah f**k, I’ll just stay in the station”, thinks I but just as I find a nice spot, they kick us out as they close for the night. So now, I’m stranded at Liverpool Street Station, next to a McDonalds frequented almost exclusively by people half my age and I don’t want to move too far as I don’t know the area and will get lost. So now I’m cold, tired, hungry and miserable and the hangover is setting in. All the while, I look like some sort of pervert to everyone else in the area given my advanced years relative to the rest of the people in the area.

Hung around till 4am before the first train. Got to Stansted and eventually got on my flight. Stomach is ropey. There’s a young lad next to me who throws his guts up on the plane. Last thing I need. I turn to look at him and he looks back, laughs and says “just getting sick”. No brick Sherlock.

Eventually get home at 11am Sunday and sleep pretty much until this morning. What a f**king idiot. This is why I don’t drink much anymore. But, any time you get 3 points is better than not getting 3 points regardless of everything else. COYS.

Back