• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brighton OMT ***

I’ve not been very impressed with Johnson’s overall play but credit to him, he’s getting important goals. He looked annoyed when he scored. Hope he enjoys it later when the adrenaline dies down.

Not sure we deserved the win as Brighton looked dangerous but I’ll take it. Nice to get a late winner again instead of conceding late.
We took our chances, they didn't - that's how you win games

That was lucky, but we were due a bit of luck and a late winner. Another three points in the bag.

We need to seriously work on our suicidal passing from the back, though. So many sloppy passes, and players looking clueless as to what to do + midfielders hiding or forgetting to meet the ball.

Also again we retracted back into our shell after playing well and scoring. It's just odd. Like an instant, collective loss of confidence and abiliy. I don't think we can blame that on the subs alone.

We didn't do it for long enough, but that spell from around 50-70 minutes was the first time we've looked like a proper Ange team in a while. We just completely smothered them, they couldn't win the ball, couldn't keep the ball, couldn't get out and the goal was an inevitability. Why it changed from there I've no idea but that's the blueprint for the rest of the season. Play like that for longer!

We've lost our swagger from earlier in the season, don't seem to trust ourselves or each other.
Too many touches before passing.
But we hung in there and got the points.

Love that celebration from Vic and Romero at the end.
Hopefully a few weeks of training together and games will help. It's been really choppy selection wise for a couple of months.

No, get all the Spurs players out of there.

Curse the opposition.
that's what I'm thinking. But I made him not be able to kick a ball today and ruined his run of goals. If he doesn't score against Wolves I will remove him. I need one other vote for the decider....

Why’s that ? Son will start most weeks. Johnson is devoid of all form and confidence.
Bringing on two pacy players like that, as has been shown today, can yield a positive even if one of them is allegedly not confident and missing 'all' form.
Having Son, Bissouma and Johnson to come off the bench is exactly the sort of quality and game-changing capacity that we've been desiring for a very long time.

Ange isn't the fastest to address tactics in game, but he does. For example, when Vic was being impeded vs brentford Ange could have got one of ours to screen on set pieces (mentioned it in the match thread at the time). Two games later Maddison is doing just that, making it harder for them to put a man on Vicario.

Bentancur first half this game: Ange needed to help him and have a quick word. Get him to jog around the pitch and drag his marker about, and then sprint into space when he wanted get the ball. Be a bit more canny.

Often Managers have a plan for who to sub and when. But its far better to adapt quickly to the game. We were dominating them. Bentancur finally free of his schackles was starting to pick passes, and Kulu was doing well. Both were shattered so fair play. In hindsight, subbing on Son, and then waiting 5 mins to bring on PEH and Johnson, might have been better. Who knows? No one really. They made subs too. Fati - formally one of the most exiting young players in the world. And ultimately Ange's subs won the game.

Apart from two spells in the game I thought we dominated (they were better in the first 15, and after our tripple substitution). We do need more precision and conviction in attack. Will that come from our talented, slightly lacking confidence players, or we need to sign a world class attacker?

Last edited:
Bringing on two pacy players like that, as has been shown today, can yield a positive even if one of them is allegedly not confident and missing 'all' form.
Having Son, Bissouma and Johnson to come off the bench is exactly the sort of quality and game-changing capacity that we've been desiring for a very long time.
I get your point . But Son is a starter. Werner will be the impact sub. Biss will start more often than not also. Johnson will be the player from the bench.

Happy to get 3 points but performance was mediocre for large part of the game.

Back