• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Barnsley OMT ***

I'm obviously not watching the game however a number of us recognised last season that one weakness which we had was an ability to break down stubborn defences and therefore wanted a quick of skilful attacker to be brought in. It seems like they tried to do that during the window, though failed, but ended up with a different plan B in Llorente. A bit of pace or skill would help that urgency I think
I agree we could do with an option like that, but the ones who are playing need to play with a higher tempo to cause defenses problems. We are too happy at times to just pass the ball around slowly in front of defenses. We wasted 45 minues of the Swansea game. We didn't even give it a go in the first half. Make some runs, show more intensity, more desperation. A football game isn't that long. We need to go for it from the start.

I think that some more pace would be great but I don't think it would be much help against teams that sit back. What we need to get through that is someone with quick feet, a great centre of balance and can shoot from anywhere. We have one, let's hope he gets a chance soon.

Would help us to get round the back.

Anyway, this game is dire - not sure I expected anything less given the managers comments

Llorente miss was terrible

I think quick players are very useful against teams that sit back, as they can accelerate into small pockets of space very quickly. If you play a through pass to a player and there's not much space, you need that player to run on to the pass very quickly. Look at how Emirates Marketing Project use a player like Sterling as an example.

Would help us to get round the back.

Anyway, this game is dire - not sure I expected anything less given the managers comments

Llorente miss was terrible

I don't think that it would if they put 10 men behind the ball and don't push up. What you need to do is find a way through and make better use of the chances that do arise.

Really seem to be struggling with any creativity in the side right now. Becoming a bit like Liverpool in that when a team allows us possession we just cannot do anything with it

I don't think that it would if they put 10 men behind the ball and don't push up. What you need to do is find a way through and make better use of the chances that do arise.

There are times we we do have the counter and space but don't have the pace to really make it count.

Just a different option as it is one dimensional so far this season - no matter the standard of opponent - ie tonight.

Back