• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Barcodes OMT ***

I think we can rest a couple of players who might need it. Kane has run his b0llocks off lately, maybe use him from the bench. Keep Eriksen fresh, again use him from the bench if we need to. Centre-backs don't really do loads of running, so keep Verts and Vertonghen. Davies could play again, but I'd rest Walker as we don't want to beast him too quickly after his injury. Mason could do with a game off imo. I haven't rated Lamela's performances lately, but I'd give him another go for this. Sub him for Lennon is it don't work out.

------------------lloris
naughton----fazio-----vert------davies
lamela------dembele---bentaleb---rose
----------------chadli----adebayor

subs: vorm, dier, lennon, paulinho, eriksen, kane, townsend.

I think we can rest a couple of players who might need it. Kane has run his b0llocks off lately, maybe use him from the bench. Keep Eriksen fresh, again use him from the bench if we need to. Centre-backs don't really do loads of running, so keep Verts and Vertonghen. Davies could play again, but I'd rest Walker as we don't want to beast him too quickly after his injury. Mason could do with a game off imo. I haven't rated Lamela's performances lately, but I'd give him another go for this. Sub him for Lennon is it don't work out.

------------------lloris
naughton----fazio-----vert------davies
lamela------dembele---bentaleb---rose
----------------chadli----adebayor

subs: vorm, dier, lennon, paulinho, eriksen, kane, townsend.

Ade? I doubt we'll see him again to be honest.

Ade? I doubt we'll see him again to be honest.

I just read that he's still unavailable, I thought he was back. In that case, Soldado and cross our fingers. Get to 60 minutes and he ain't done his job, bin him off for Kane.

I think we've got to play a strong team tomorrow, we've got a real chance of winning this competition if (big if) we win tomorrow and avoid Chelsea in the Semis.

I'd go with something like this:

----------------------Lloris-----------------------

---Naughton---Fazio---Vertonghen---Davies---

--------------Stambouli---Dembele--------------

-----Lennon--------Eriksen--------Chadli--------

----------------------Kane-------------------------

Five changes from Sunday seems reasonable to me, keeps the team fresh but with enough quality to (hopefully) win the game.

Quotes from Poch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng Machine-Capital-One-Cup-quarter-final.html

'For me, it was a lack of respect for my players,' Pochettino said, when asked about being criticised for making changes.
'I always defend my players. If we have players in the squad, it is because we believe in them. If not, why are the players in the squad?
'But always when you lose, people take something to criticise you. For me, it's a lack of respect, not for me but for the players who played in the game.
'I accept the criticism, but I can't accept criticism for the players.'
When asked if there would be changes, he said: 'Maybe. At the beginning of the season, we played a lot of games, 26 official games.
'For tomorrow, maybe one player is tired and not fresh, and if another team-mate is in better condition then why not?
'But I am a manager and I need to make a decision. You cannot pick a team to guarantee that we go to the semi-final.
'In football it is easy to talk after the game. But the important thing is taking the decision before. When you are the coach, you have all the information and if you win, you are the best and if you don't, you are a s**t who made the wrong decision. This is true.'
One player who will not be considered is Adebayor, with Pochettino insisting it is 'impossible' for the 30-year-old to play a part.
Pochettino said: 'He was back yesterday, but play tomorrow? No.
'He began training after one week yesterday so it would be impossible for him to be ready tomorrow.'

From that looks like Soldado, Mason, Walker, Adebayor all wont be playing. I'm guessing Kane and Eriksen wont start neither.

Hope we will field our strongest team available. This is a good chance for us to progress to the semi final. Winning a cup should always be an important aim for us, regardless of our league standings. We should not waste this chance. Saudi Sportswashing Machine can trouble us if we don't take them seriously. Afterall, they did beat us at home in the league a few weeks earlier.

Hope the team will be fired up for this match. We need to win the midfield battle to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Want to see experienced players like Lennon, Capoue and Dembele start in midfield. Want to see Kane and Eriksen have big impact in this match. We need to make use of any goal scoring chances.

How great it will be if our defence can have a error-free match for once ! It will help us greatly if we can keep a clean sheet.

Hope we will turn up, put up a good performance and win !

Any official team news yet ?

Hope Pochettino will take this match seriously by playing all our best players. We simply need to win this match to show we are progressing as a team.

Quotes from Poch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng Machine-Capital-One-Cup-quarter-final.html

'For me, it was a lack of respect for my players,' Pochettino said, when asked about being criticised for making changes.
'I always defend my players. If we have players in the squad, it is because we believe in them. If not, why are the players in the squad?
'But always when you lose, people take something to criticise you. For me, it's a lack of respect, not for me but for the players who played in the game.
'I accept the criticism, but I can't accept criticism for the players.'
When asked if there would be changes, he said: 'Maybe. At the beginning of the season, we played a lot of games, 26 official games.
'For tomorrow, maybe one player is tired and not fresh, and if another team-mate is in better condition then why not?
'But I am a manager and I need to make a decision. You cannot pick a team to guarantee that we go to the semi-final.
'In football it is easy to talk after the game. But the important thing is taking the decision before. When you are the coach, you have all the information and if you win, you are the best and if you don't, you are a s**t who made the wrong decision. This is true.'
One player who will not be considered is Adebayor, with Pochettino insisting it is 'impossible' for the 30-year-old to play a part.
Pochettino said: 'He was back yesterday, but play tomorrow? No.
'He began training after one week yesterday so it would be impossible for him to be ready tomorrow.'

From that looks like Soldado, Mason, Walker, Adebayor all wont be playing. I'm guessing Kane and Eriksen wont start neither.

Sounds good!

Just realised this could be extra time and penalties, yes? I've got images of some dunderhead stepping up to take the crucial pen and unsurprisingly wazzing it past the post.

In fact I've got images of Vlad and co. shipping plenty of goals due to a Cruyff turn against Sissoko, that fella is RAPID.

Also it is not on British TV I think?

Quotes from Poch

.... When you are the coach, you have all the information and if you win, you are the best and if you don't, you are a s**t who made the wrong decision. This is true.'

Was that an Argie swear word ?

Just realised this could be extra time and penalties, yes? I've got images of some dunderhead stepping up to take the crucial pen and unsurprisingly wazzing it past the post.

In fact I've got images of Vlad and co. shipping plenty of goals due to a Cruyff turn against Sissoko, that fella is RAPID.

Also it is not on British TV I think?

No, anyone wanting to watch will have to watch it on the back of a mustached puffbird

Obviously players who are legitimately tired (Walker, for example) should be rested. But like a lot of people, I don't think the League Cup is a Mickey Mouse competition and I want to see us try to win it*. That said, I don't think a little rotation will harm our chances too much, and back-up players deserve the opportunity to impress the manager in cups. Otherwise you end up with a man-management issue. So...

........................... Vorm
Naughton ....... Dier ........ Vertonghen ........ Rose
Lennon ...... Stambouli ........ Bentaleb ...... Chadli
........................... Eriksen
............................ Kane

Bench: Lloris, Fazio, Davies, Mason, Lamela, Townsend, Soldado

Spurs 3-1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
(Kane, Eriksen, Chadli)

* if nothing else, we should be seizing and relishing every chance we get to play the "top teams" at the moment. We need to overcome this weird tendency to collapse against Chelsea, City, etc. And we'll only do that by playing them until our manager gets it right. So roll on Chelsea in the semis, I say!

The best teams never rest players. Look at Chelsea last night. How many times do Barca rest Messi or RM leave out Ronaldo and Bale? Answer. NEVER.

Rotation simply doesn't work, it's a dead theory. Play your best team all the time, every game and rest them in June and July.

Football is all about silverware and 2008 is beginning to be a long time ago. Play the best team we can and let's get Sheffield in the semi.

Back