• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

I don’t think Mr G meant we were second best, but I’ll let him respond

I did write that in all fairness but sometimes, when you write in a language that isn't your own, your words come out stronger than you thought they would!

I disagree with your earlier assessment, they were slightly better in 1st half but not as much as everyone thinks, the fact is they couldn't get the ball off us and retain it.

To me the game was them better in start (as happens when most teams start with a rush), we got better, up to when Son went off, we were better. We had to take off Son and Maddison for fitness/knock reasons, that allowed the Scum to come back into the game but we played with them in front of us and the shots (or lack of) from them post the penalty tells the story.

I think we agree on the scenario of the game but I'm in the 'everyone' camp. On more than one occasion in the first half, they nicked the ball from our defenders and got themselves into dangerous positions. One would expect a team of their quality to take advantage of that but, fortunately, they didn't. And while it's true they had a tough time getting the ball back from our forwards, there was a 15 mn period in the first half when we could hardly get out of our own half. Again, it boils down to what you call 'dominating' a game. I think it's subjective but I'd say they edged the first half, definitely (for me).

At home, "title challengers", an OG, a soft penalty, got away with not getting a red card, they conceded possession, to me, we need to improve but to say we were really 2nd best is a stretch

Everyone I've spoken to today, who isn't a Spurs fan, said we were the better team, and their goals came from an unlucky deflection and a questionable penalty, and ours came from our own play.

I watched the game again now, and live I felt we were under massive pressure the first 25 minutes, but watching it again without the stress, we really weren't, apart from a couple of lapses in concentration. They didn't really create much themselves, and we were actually fairly comfortable.
If at least one of Son or Maddison had been able to play the full game, I think we'd have won it.

I'll admit that I'm not die hard enough to watch the entire game a second time but, quite frankly, I think hindsight is a wonderful thing. For various reasons, I watched most of last season's games knowing the scoreline and I can tell you from experience that watching Conte's team go down 1-0 is definitely not the same thing when you know they're going to win 2-1 (mistakes are easily forgiven and you're waiting impatiently for something to happen) or they're going to lose 1-0 (you literally die of boredom).

I'll try to put it differently. Did I think at any point we would win the game? No. Did I fear they would? Yes. Did I fear they would win the game because I've been supporting this team for decades and I'm used to heartbreaks? Definitely!

Again, I'm calling it the way I saw it. I'm not trying to be controversial for the sake of it or to rain on anyone's parade. I think most people would agree that a draw is a fair result but I felt pleased with the result rather than frustrated.

There wasn’t anything else
Their penalty was their last shot on target
That came form a shot that if it went in, would have been disallowed or handball by white
They had nothing else all half
I was at game and can someone explain why we didnt get freekick if White handball it before it hit Rom?
I was 10 miles away and we all thought red at speed. Can believe he didnt give it cos it seems Ref womt even do the normal.
Better have decent ref on Sat

When he says hold that thought I thought he was going to show the Chelsea one and say what's the difference.
It's the same guy on var isn't it, how can you watch both those tackles and say the Chelsea one is more worthy of a red than that?
And dermot did everything he could to not criticise the ref, it should have been a red but I'm not going to say.

I was at game and can someone explain why we didnt get freekick if White handball it before it hit Rom?
I was 10 miles away and we all thought red at speed. Can believe he didnt give it cos it seems Ref womt even do the normal.
Better have decent ref on Sat
Yeah
It’s the rules bizarrely
His hand ball isn’t a handball unless it goes in from his shot
So he is judged to have NOT gained an advantage by handballing it as he didn’t score

it’s exactly like when they don’t flag for offside and a player may be marginally off, but wins a corner. They score from the corner and it’s all forgotten about

One would expect a team of their quality to take advantage of that but, fortunately, they didn't.
Based on statistics, no, you wouldn't expect them to take advantage. They actually have the 2nd worst conversion rate in the league! Bar Saka, their forwards are actually terrible at finishing. And that's not just based on this season, but several seasons.

Gusto flies in with great gusto, he really accelerates and leaps as hard as he physically can, horizontally with his butt off the floor, straight leg, studs straight into Digne's ankle, this could easily have fractured Digne's ankle.

F6y_r1QXAAAr3iK.png

Last edited:
PS I just realised that player is called Malo Gusto which in Filipino (or basically Spanish) means "Bad Taste" or Tasteless or "I don't like it". Great job, parents.

Based on statistics, no, you wouldn't expect them to take advantage. They actually have the 2nd worst conversion rate in the league! Bar Saka, their forwards are actually terrible at finishing. And that's not just based on this season, but several seasons.

They still had the second-best attack in the Premier League last season. Right or wrong, they consider themselves title contenders and I'd expect a team challenging at that level to be able to make the most of such chances but I take your point that numbers say otherwise!

Very happy overall with the performance and result in the end...bleep me, we made some heart-stopping moments for ourselves though....imagine if Jesus was actually the striker Gooners claim him to be....doesn't bare thinking about for us and especially Maddison if that chance had been tucked away as it should have been...

Great that we actually ground them down through great interplay and great press-resistance from Bissouma (though again he will need to be sharper vs Liverpool as he also got pickpocketed a few times in dangerous places - we are daring all right!) to the point where they had to let us have the ball (will even City have more possession than them at the Emirates this season?).

Good spirit and good composure when giving silly goals (and in the first half silly chances) away. Need to take heart and heed the warning signs for Liverpool (they'll be much more ruthless if we give them such chances).

COYS

Gusto flies in with great gusto, he really accelerates and leaps as hard as he physically can, horizontally with his butt off the floor, straight leg, studs straight into Digne's ankle, this could easily have fractured Digne's ankle.

F6y_r1QXAAAr3iK.png
He bounced over the top of the ball on to Digne’s ankle. It’s a red, but that shot doesn’t tell the full story.

One thing we do need to work on, we didn’t defend counters well enough, quite a few times they had an extra man wider, our wide forwards should have been coming back to help, it was too easy for them to have a man over.

I was triggered this week. TRIGGERED.

Paul Merson had me triggered man. I was so f'n angry ahead of the game. I wanted us to perform as best as possible and we did that. All those pricks writing us off, how not a single player would get in their team. One of the podcasts (Teh Trunk's?) called it out too. I think that played into their heads, thinking it will be a walkover. Celebrating into the crowd not in the 95th minute, but like the 60th or so. Still plenty of game time left. F'n love it. buzzing.

I was triggered this week. TRIGGERED.

Paul Merson had me triggered man. I was so f'n angry ahead of the game. I wanted us to perform as best as possible and we did that. All those pricks writing us off, how not a single player would get in their team. One of the podcasts (Teh Trunk's?) called it out too. I think that played into their heads, thinking it will be a walkover. Celebrating into the crowd not in the 95th minute, but like the 60th or so. Still plenty of game time left. F'n love it. buzzing.
Have a word with yourself mate! Merson is not worth a trigger reaction.
My German father in law mentioned Merson's comments. I said Merson is an imbecile. He asked me, "what is imbecile?". The end.

Back