• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

In Lineker’s interview, Ange definitely implies we will take the game to them and play our usual way with full belief I.E. rather than worrying about Saka and Odegaard, just go for it

I think he actually used the word ""tweak" in it. That to me implies a slight deviation from the norm.

fudge it, I'm just gonna come out and say it - pretty sure I'm falling in love with this guy:

"It's about not shying away from that challenge, not fearing the outcome if things don’t go well. Ultimately that's always your measure. It's my history and people sort of use it almost as a barometer against me. When I went into Champions League games with Celtic or went into WorldIf you want to be a team that challenges, you know you have to play that way irrespective of the opponent, there's no point not using a game like Sunday as a measure to see where we're at.

"If we shy away from it, don't play our football, manage to get a draw and survive the experience, what have we really learned? Apart from surviving 90 minutes of football? Nothing. The players already know that's what my message will be to them. We're going to go out and play our football.

"If we’re short, we’re short, we need to make it up. If we match them it’s great isn't it? We know we have a long way to go and we've already established ourselves and on the biggest occasions, we've shown we're prepared to play our football."

I see a lot of people seemingly with amnesia about how we have approached the game at the Emirates in all these years.
Let's have it right, it was only under Jose, Nuno and Conte that we went there playing football that could be described as 'meek' or 'cowardly'.
Under Poch we absolutely took the game to them, most games we had more possession etc, the only issue is that we couldn't finish the job off for various reasons.
The issue is our record for finishing the job off there is grim, NOT our approach to how we play there (save for the last three visits where we have approached the game cowardly but also they have been IMPROVING in their level and quality as well).

All this talk of just wanting us to "play well", "have a go" is very much as though we are in the late 90s and noughtys when we were mid-table fodder and they were perenial title challengers when there was a massive gulf between the two sides. That gulf isn't quite there yet, but it would serve us well to show some respect to both them and us and not just go fully 'gung-ho' and be tactically astute, i.e. know when to keep it tight and know when to commit to attack.
This will be a test of Ange and i would hope he DOES tweak his approach as they are a much better side than in recent years when we couldn't win there even though we had the second best ever PL goalscorer.

Ok, rant over.

If we win or draw, i doubt that at this stage of our development under Ange (and his development as a coach in the PL) that any of us would really care given how things have been for both clubs over the last 18 months, so i hope Ange can be wily and pragmatic in his approach (and not being too stubborn like Bielsa, AVB or Conte).

COYS
Please

I have to say, am worried about the fact that NONE of their players have been quoted in the press speaking about the game...unlike Son....i fear it shows a lot of cool-eyed focus on their part....sigh....

Merson is such a bell end. But Bent is in on the act as well. Trying not to look at this though Spurs tinted glasses.

They do have a point in some cases. But a team is a sum of its parts. And vicario, VDV, udogie and Sarr well prove over the season the quality players they are. That's enough for me.

Biss as well, by getting back to his Brighton form. But some of their choices are just bias. Jesus? White lol.

Just about to head off to a golf weekend

Teeing off at 10am so something to take my mind off the NLD for few hours

I reckon I’ll get to watch the second half at the most, at least I won’t see any of the pre-match Arsenal TV coverage

My best bet for this game is +2,5 goals in it.. It can go all ways, but we should stay on the road we are on.. and we will be atacking

COYS

I’m mildly nervous and could do with a cuddle.

I hope we roar out of the traps after having a full week to prepare.

im hoping we do a Rocky Balboa against Ivan Drago….take a bit of suffering but remain the ones standing in the end.

Show them no respect and go in with high controlled aggression.

I hope the boys put in everything for the gaffer.

Back