• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

Postecoglou's record in the old firm derby:

2023 13 May Premier League Rangers 3 - 0 Celtic

2023 2 January Premier League Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic

2022 3 April Premier League Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic

2021 29 August Premier League Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic
You can throw out the May '23 because they had already clinched the title, so was kinda indifferent. In the Aug '21 one it was just his 3rd game at the helm. It's also early days with us, but I think we're further ahead than his Celtic team were at the same point in time.

I'm predicting either a 3-2 win or a 3-3 draw.

I love how Arsenal have 1 good season in how many? And they are automatically league contenders without kicking a ball. Same with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, get top 4 once since 1862 and now they are automatically a top 4 side who will contend for top 4 every year. Really does baffle me.

we end a season with a bad run and are everybody's favourite for relegation

we will see on Sunday. Hopefully he won’t be as naieve. Personally, I would play Skipp and give him a man to man marking role on Odourguard. He is the person that makes them tick. Stop him and we are halfway to stopping the Arse!
Nah, we have a midfield trio that's working nicely so let's play our way and see if Arsenal can deal with it. Odegaard can't do anything without the ball.

If it looks like it's not working, then we can go to Plan B.

I know from experience that following Spurs can dent your confidence, but I have always believe that you should play to your strengths and let your opponents worry about you.

I know from experience that following Spurs can dent your confidence, but I have always believe that you should play to your strengths and let your opponents worry about you.
Would normally agree but Arse are still better than us atm and have a standout ACM. We ignore him at our peril.

Better teams get beaten every week, our team have been playing on the front foot to change that would be a mistake in my opinion, if we play defensively we will lose.
Not advocating playing defensively. Just a tweak to take out their outstanding player.

Ange won’t change a thing unless it’s fitness related
Arteta will because he doesn’t know his best side
Their fans have massively under estimated us
I’ve heard that Rateta has arsenal players training at chasing chickens because he think it’s the only way they can catch the fighting roosters

I don't particularly rate the Arse. Or their players. I don't covet their players (unlike 20 years ago). I doubt them... I thought they would struggle vs PSV but they won 4-0. I do believe we can take it to them IF IF IF we truly go for it and believe.
Being a Spurs fan, I am scarred and am sure we will find a way to gift them a goal or get sent off or VAR or the ref will gift it to them, or a 40 yard fluke... but logically I do fancy us.

I don't particularly rate the Arse. Or their players. I don't covet their players (unlike 20 years ago). I doubt them... I thought they would struggle vs PSV but they won 4-0. I do believe we can take it to them IF IF IF we truly go for it and believe.
Being a Spurs fan, I am scarred and am sure we will find a way to gift them a goal or get sent off or VAR or the ref will gift it to them, or a 40 yard fluke... but logically I do fancy us.

I think we are better in most areas of the pitch and importantly in the dugout, Arteta is a fudging idiot.

I think we are better in most areas of the pitch and importantly in the dugout, Arteta is a fudging idiot.
And people think Arsenal will be underestimating us!

Whether or not you rate Legohead, the fact is that he's built a team that did everything but win the title last season. Jesus is back, and this season they've definitely upgraded their DM with Rice, regardless of how much he cost. Even if Martinelli doesn't play, Trossard is a very good player with a knack for scoring.

Still, I think we can win this. And if we don't, I'm not going to revise my opinion of Big Ange so far. Unless he does something monumentally stupid like play Dier and Sanchez at CD.

Whether or not you rate Legohead, the fact is that he's built a team that did everything but win the title last season. Jesus is back, and this season they've definitely upgraded their DM with Rice, regardless of how much he cost. Even if Martinelli doesn't play, Trossard is a very good player with a knack for scoring.

Still, I think we can win this. And if we don't, I'm not going to revise my opinion of Big Ange so far. Unless he does something monumentally stupid like play Dier and Sanchez at CD.

I think last season was more a case of them being the least brick of 19 brick clubs than them actually being good.

Whether the arsenal team is good or bad, I've gone there just about every season thinking "this is the one" only to be let down. Will bite your hand off for a draw.

Our record in all competitions away to them since 1/1/2000 is extremely miserable

View attachment 16057

https://thfcdb.com/matches?filterTeams[0]=33254&filterStage=&homeOrAway=A&result=&additionalMatchInfo=&formation=&startingStatus=&matchEvents=&page=1&limit=25&orderBy=date desc
And that’s because we have had mentality monsters in charge
Now we have Dad
Ange wont have anyone underestimate the task
But he wont over estimate it either
That’s how you approach a game like this

Rice is quality but hasn’t settled into the 6 role there yet
Trossard is a very good player but a knack for scoring? 4 goals in 27 games there isn’t that great, but I appreciate it’s not all starts. He did us a few years ago when at Brighton IIRC
We have IMO much closer comparable teams now and it’s all on our what side of the fence you sit
Reya has come in and kept two clean sheet, but they did play 2 really poor sides
Their Cbs are a mixture of quality and very good
Their full backs are a weakness if attacked imo
Midfield they have strength
And they share the goals around
They will be top 4 again this season but I fancy us to surprise more and more people as the season goes on

And that’s because we have had mentality monsters in charge
Now we have Dad
Ange wont have anyone underestimate the task
But he wont over estimate it either
That’s how you approach a game like this

Those stats include Jol, Redknapp and Poch. Our 3 most 'successful' modern managers, in the same style. All 3 had teams better than the gooners (at least for periods) but only Redknapp won there in the league.

Back