• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Anzhi ex-Moneybagscashcowala OMT ***

All the inverted wingers does is encourage Townsend to come inside and waste shots lashing it against their defenders.

and hit shots into our fans of course. or try do clever intricate reverse passes that are always too short, always.

Lamela had a great game out on the right. We need to see more through-balls like the chip to Holtby, and right now I feel Lamela is the only player in the entire squad (well, apart from Eriksen and very occasionally Holtby himself) who can provide them on a regular basis.

However, Lennon's been great on the right in the PL, so I don't want to see him dislodged. Difficult choice, that.

We looked so much better with Lamela on the right and Townsend on the left. AVB has to see that, right?

Overall good performance but lets be honest - Anzhi are just tooooooooooooo ****in **** to take any notice of the game except that its given some players some confidence eg Soldado who badly needed that type of performance.

a good one who needs to settle and find confidence.........

could be like modric who took ages to adapt and then looked amazing..... thats my hope anyway.

or better yet Essien, who looked out of his depth in his first year for Chelsea. Before of course turning into one of the best players in his position in the world.

We looked so much better with Lamela on the right and Townsend on the left. AVB has to see that, right?

You're forgetting the key dimension of the group collective which has to suppress the individual to promote a greater team ethos

Overall good performance but lets be honest - Anzhi are just tooooooooooooo ****in **** to take any notice of the game except that its given some players some confidence eg Soldado who badly needed that type of performance.

AVB will probably drop him for Defoe on sunday !

Im joking (i hope).

or better yet Essien, who looked out of his depth in his first year for Chelsea. Before of course turning into one of the best players in his position in the world.

hes just playing within a shell at the moment....he's thinking to much.....andros doesnt think at all lol.....

I think he's to classy to be a flop......with a decent squad we can afford to be patient with him.

AVB will probably drop him for Defoe on sunday !

Im joking (i hope).

To be honest I think Defoe has been playing well but im a firm believer when it comes to strikers that if they score the game before YOU HAVE TO play them. Soldado will be on a high and we want that. No point in playing him though if you dont play to his strengths ie in the first half. He wasnt that in it in the second because of this ****in inverted crap

Its a ****in **** system I ****in hate it and players I dont think like it.

I prefer natural width but if we persevere with it we will get better at it and it could make us unpredictictable and flexible as a team...

though I admit townsend on the right is very predictable at the moment.....

but hey we did win 4-1 and looked like scoring all night.

Decent game, better than expected in the circumstances for me.

Dembele absolutely bossing it without leaving second gear. Should start against Liverpool. Hopefully Rose will be ready as well, looked fit enough and getting half a game might have done him good.

No surprise we looked a bit shaky at the back with a Rose returning from injury, two somewhat makeshift centre backs and Holtby in central midfield. No surprise we conceded from a set piece either without a natural centre back on the pitch. But it's all good :)

I thought AVB did the right thing, get some game time into Rose and Eriksen along with some of our first team players that haven't featured much recently. Nice little run out form Fredingdongs, looked like he enjoyed that. Coulthirst looked alright too.

Happy for Soldado, wouldn't have hurt his confidence. Holtby a bit Jekyll and Hyde today, some excellent involvements and some poor losses of concentrations. Great energy though and a lovely goal.

Bring on Sunday!

Back