• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v West Brom OMT ***

It's a decent point against a difficult team under difficult conditions. No we weren't good, and a lot of players underperformed, but this happens in football, especially with a young team like us. Before this season I would't dream of us getting top four. But now we're in with a chance. Not because other teams are playing bad, but because we're playing well. Of course we could and should have won some of the games we've drawn, but 14 games unbeaten still shows a stability I've never before seen at spurs. I firmly believe we can win four in a row before new year. It looks like the Saints away game comes at a really good time.

Draws will not even get us into the top 4 ...points we desperately need at this stage of the season..oh I forgot its a marathon innit..:D ....oh yeah......................:rolleyes:
It sounds like some of the players were not at their best to-day.
I did not see the game!
The ref was a bit of a Wanger then...
what do we expect though...? a class referee in this country. :D
It just stinks....money being placed somewhere.
China..or maybe Russia.

goodbye....title chances...

Funny isn't it. One week were at the start of a new dawn,
then wer'e back to square one ..lol
perhaps I am overreacting ....but I'm so disappointed..a new dawn! fiddlesticks.
Oh BTW...those fans who chanted your brick to WBA.at the start of the game!
worst fans in the country..and complete utter idiots.
Dont follow us again. You must have done the Spurs players a great favour..by putting the backs of WBA fans up and their Team.LOL..WELL DONE!

I want proper fans supporting my club...not a bunch of idiots!

I was there myself, and would not call these fans a bunch of idiots. I personally did not join in with this chant, if we want to do that one, at least be 3 or 4-0 when we do up a-la the West Ham match.
With regarding to singing at matches, this is only a personal point of view, I dont like to sing any anti-opposition songs really, even worse when we are not actually playing that team. 'Stand up if you hate Arsenal' I would much prefer 'Stand up if you love Tottenham' Let's focus on our team, not somebody else's

There was a spell yesterday for around 10 mins when we sung nearly all the player songs
He's one on our own
Eriksen-sen-sen
I love Eric Dier, Eric Dier loves me
Super Jan
Danny Danny Rose
Delle Alli, Delle Alli
Even a new one I hadn't heard before about having all the Belgians

For me, that was the best part of the day. More of that please every week

I don't know what you're on, or if all your posts are as ridiculous as this one, but you are filling up space on this forum with utter drivel.
Since you have had a go at me directly..
I Don,t give a damn.
On something..? Maybe
Are you telling me the fans helped the team by calling WBA s h it?
Enough said....CoySpurs......

I was there myself, and would not call these fans a bunch of idiots. I personally did not join in with this chant, if we want to do that one, at least be 3 or 4-0 when we do up a-la the West Ham match.
With regarding to singing at matches, this is only a personal point of view, I dont like to sing any anti-opposition songs really, even worse when we are not actually playing that team. 'Stand up if you hate Arsenal' I would much prefer 'Stand up if you love Tottenham' Let's focus on our team, not somebody else's

There was a spell yesterday for around 10 mins when we sung nearly all the player songs
He's one on our own
Eriksen-sen-sen
I love Eric Dier, Eric Dier loves me
Super Jan
Danny Danny Rose
Delle Alli, Delle Alli
Even a new one I hadn't heard before about having all the Belgians

For me, that was the best part of the day. More of that please every week
Thanks for the reply Paxton.
I know and believe the fans play an important part.. There,s no doubt.
That came across like we're some kind of arogant gods..the worst.

No team is being fantastically consistent this season, other than Leicester! We are right in the mix this season, add another goal scorer in January and I do believe we will begin with a shout of winning the league.

Thanks for the reply Paxton.
I know and believe the fans play an important part.. There,s no doubt.
That came across like we're some kind of arogant gods..the worst.

As I said, I personally didnt like that either especially at 1-0 as well, and you knew it was going to come back to us when they equalised.

Whereabouts were you? Did you see what happened early in the first half. We were near the front behind the goal, heard the WBA fans singing 'He's going to cry in a minute'
Looked round and saw somebody getting chucked out I think.

No team is being fantastically consistent this season, other than Leicester! We are right in the mix this season, add another goal scorer in January and I do believe we will begin with a shout of winning the league.

Leciester's Top 4/title credentials will be put to the test in the next 4 matches. Not make or break, but should give a good idea of whether they really are another side to worry about in our bid for CL football

Just watched the hours highlights on sky. Think WBA deserve quite a bit of credit. Set up well, some quality, played into space, very physical. I don't think you can moan at Pulis and WBA for that. They know their limitations and play to it. Remember they are in good form. Win against Arsenal, draw at West Ham.

1st half I though we were a little lightweight. Our midfield were chasing shadows for a period. In a lot of the challenges it seemed like they wanted to win their own personal battles more.

2nd half we were much better, we just didn't have that little bit extra up front.

At the end of the day we watch football to be entertained and I enjoy watching Spurs at the moment, irrespective of the result. You can see we are being managed, with a plan and a system, and are putting the effort in.

I just wonder if the unbeaten record is hampering us as the moment, being scared 'to go for it' against teams and ending up conceding. Are we playing it too safe sometimes?

Eriksen I think needs to raise his game. In recent weeks he has been a bit of a passenger and with the role he plays in the team he needs to offer on a more consistent basis. He is played at a constant 7 but very rarely sparkles to a 9 or 10.

I am in no doubt; Alli will be world class in 2 years if he gets the correct coaching. He has everything.

As I said, I personally didnt like that either especially at 1-0 as well, and you knew it was going to come back to us when they equalised.

Whereabouts were you? Did you see what happened early in the first half. We were near the front behind the goal, heard the WBA fans singing 'He's going to cry in a minute'
Looked round and saw somebody getting chucked out I think.

I think that @We are Tottenham said that he hasn't seen the game and only followed it on this thread.

Spur me up posted ...

Chanting you're brick at 1-0 up? We're gonna lose this now I think.

tumblr_ln2ylxA1xh1qdo6ufo1_400.jpg

Maybe confused. I was possibly talking about how the attitude of the team seemed to change after we scored? It was as though the team thought, this is not so tough after all and stopped playing at their peek, dropped off, let wbrom have possession, and gave away rash fouls. Maybe it was a nervousness after going ahead. For the rest of the game when we had parity, we played better imo. Second half we went for the win and left space for them to counter, so there would be chances for them.

It was always going to be one of the toughest games. Disappointment for me was how the team reacted to going 1 up and the Njie incorrect offside where we could have seal the game.

Last edited:
It is getting annoying the number of games we seem to be drawing now. We clearly lack a cutting edge to win tight games. And this is typical Spurs, always feck up when we have chance to move up. We came into this with an excellent away record at WBA and with them having the worst defensive record at home in the league. Yet, we managed to throw away the chance to move up the league table yet again. Traditionally, we have this bad habit of helping teams in trouble or letting players score against us after not scoring for long time. And we have done it yet again, as this is the first time the WBA player has scored a goal in 2 years ! And this is the 7th the time season, that we have failed to win after scoring first. It seems like this Spurs team is more comfortable coming from behind than defend leads. Maybe we would have won if WBA had scored first.

Credit to Alli for scoring the goal and Alderweireld for the assist. But apart from that, there was nothing to shout about in this match. We only seem to win matches when Kane scores nowadays. Unfortunately, Kane has not scored in 2 matches and we have failed to win both. Kane was hardly in this match, wasting a few half-chances to score. In fact, we only had 3 shots on target, by Lamela, Dembele and Alli. Maybe Lamela could have done better with the header but apart from that we didn't look like scoring the all-important second goal. But felt Lamela had a good game, especially in the second half and should have stayed longer instead of being replaced by Son who didn't make any impact. In contrast, Eriksen had a poor game and should have been replaced instead.

Our midfield were disappointingly ineffective this match. Not sure why but Dier, Alli and Dembele had poor games. Maybe we would have done better if our we had dominated the midfield. Instead, WBA had far too much control in the midfield. It is a pity that apart from Son and Njie, we really didn't have anyone to call upon from the bench to get us to inspire us. Thought Njie did well after coming on but he didn't have enough time to make an impact.

After keeping clean sheets in our last 2 matches, it is really disappointing for our defence to concede the goal the way we did. It seemed like our entire defence went to sleep for their goal. Can't blame Lloris but maybe Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Walker should have done better with their defending for the goal. Despite this, credit to Lloris for making another world class save in the second half.

It is really disappointing that we didn't manage to win this match. With ManCity and ManU failing to win, we could have moved much closer to the top if we had won. We can be proud about being unbeaten in 14 league matches which is the longest unbeaten run since 1985. But we really should be winning more matches if we want to stay in the top 4 race.

Last edited:
This will be a good result if we go on to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine next week. If not then the doomsayers may have a point about the draws.

Important thing an unbeaten run does is build confidence so as long as we can have a good xmas period then results like this are great.

That's not exactly easy when you have no idea where exactly the ball will end up due to the strong wind.

Bullsht - players in the lower leagues in windier conditions would deal with it. Their centre halves attacked it very well and kane got dominated. This gave them the platform to get into the game - attitude was all important

Rondon bullied them, they didnt fancy the physical battle and became worried by the wind.

Not good enough for international centre halves

Just to add - One centre half engages and attaxks the ball and the other covers. It's basic stuff and it was franky a brick show

So We are Tottenham was slagging off the fans who actually went all the way to the midlands to support the team as worst fans in the world, for singing a song he didn't know they actually sung, and turns out the didn't even sing.... Mate, YOU are whats wrong with modern football fans!!

Saying this, the song I fudging HATE, DETEST, MAMES MY SKIN CRAWL, EMBARRASSED FOR US AS FANS.... is that "kick is in head in song". It really really makes me feel ill when we sing it. Why do we song this horrible, vile song?!?!!

Back