• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace****

We are not feared anymore and we are looked at as a top 10 team.

What the fudge has happened to this club? Are we doing an Everton?

I was waiting to see who would be first to fall for Pardew's wind up

draw or palace win, palace playing with so much confidence under pards, what have we done this season, scraped a win against the joint worst team in the league and beaten carrier bag fc and we never win after playing in the europa

Chadli - Kane - Son
Eriksen - Mason
Dier
Rose - Verts - Toby - Walker
Hugo

That'd be my team if Mason and Eriksen are fit. We've got some really good diversity in the options we have going forward now. I don' know who i'd even put on our bench.. Lamela, Alli, Townsend, Njie, and Pritchard are all very different options and have certain strengths of their own. All young as well. Also Bentaleb or Carroll who could both be deserving of a bench spot.

As for my team for today. I really hope that Eriksen is back, we need him desperately in the league.

Sounds like Mason is still out injured. My team will be without those 2, as they would appear to be out

So...

Lloris
Walker
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Rose
Dier
Alli
Bentaleb
Son
Kane
Chadli

I toyed with the idea of having Lamela in the team. I think that it could do his confidence the World of good, if he played today after scoring Thursday night. Touch & go between Chadli & Lamela for me. Alli must start, he is the central midfielder most likely to make things happen if both Eriksen & Mason are out.

To stop platform over crowding today at WHL, TFL have decided to close the southbound access after the game and to use either Seven Sisters pr Nprthumberland Park

I mean closing one station and telling everybody to use the other station won't mean that will be overcrowded either will it, clueless

Doesn't surprise me, it's like when they drop traffic speed limits because of congestion...yeah, because that helps...

Bentaleb is defo out.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Dier Alli
Townsend Son Chadli
Kane

Hoping Alli can play the box to box role

Bentaleb is defo out.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Dier Alli
Townsend Son Chadli
Kane

Hoping Alli can play the box to box role

I wonder whether Carroll will keep his place and we go for:

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Dier Carroll
Son Alli Chadli
Kane

IMO, this is a must-win match for us ! After this match, we will have 6 tough matches coming up against Arsenal (LC/h), ManCity(h), Monaco(EL/a), Swansea(a), Liverpool(h) and Anderlecht(EL/a). Potentially, we could end up not winning any of those 6 matches ! So, we need to win this match If we want to go into those tough period in a positive mood. But we have a very poor record against Palace at home, winning just 1, drawing 5 and losing 3 of our last 9 matches against them since 1990. We failed to beat Palace home or away last season, disappointingly losing the away match. And Palace have already beaten Chelsea away this season. So, can see this being a tough match for us.

We did well to get our first league win of this season against Sunderland last week. Now we need to get our first league win at home. To do that we need to score at least 2 goals in this match. Somehow, just can't see us beating Palace by just a 1-0 score. Palace lost narrowly to Arsenal and ManCity and also beaten Chelsea away. So can see them troubling us in this match. Disappointingly, Kane has yet to score for us despite playing in 6 matches this season. In fact, Kane has only scored 2 goals in 14 matches for us since playing for England. Hope he will get back his goal scoring boot in this match. Son, did well to score 2 goals against Qarabag. It will be good for us if he can score in this match as well.

Can see this match being won or lost in midfield. Palace have a midfield than can trouble us if we don't stop them. It will help us greatly if Eriksen is back for this match. Lamela deserves to start in this match after doing well in his last 2 matches against Sunderland and Qarabag. If not, he should atleast come on as a sub later on. Chadli has been out of form in recent matches, wasting a few goal scoring chances. Hope he will make use of any goal scoring chances in this match. Dier has been doing well as a make-shift defensive midfielder so far this season. Can see him being very busy in this match.

Our defence have done well to keep clean sheets in our last 2 league matches against Everton and Sunderland. Vertonghen and Alderweireld seems like will gel together as a good defensive partners. Hope they will continue their good work in this match. But they need to be alert as Palace have players who can trouble us if given a chance. We should avoid any silly errors and concentrate on safety-first defending. Will hate it if we try to dribble out of defence and lose the ball in the process like we have done many times this season.

This is going to be a tough match. We always struggle after playing in Europe. Just hope we will get all the luck we need and win this match !

i think it will be a good london derby. Palace are very confident and will have a real go at us. Should be end to end.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we will turn up with the right team, positive mentality and get a good win !

Any adorably cute photos of animals yet ?

Hope we will turn up with the right team, positive mentality and get a good win !

vdv%20chirpy.jpg

Back