• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea****

I agree with that but they weren't trying to turn us over. I don't think they cared in that I don't think they really wanted to win. Not losing was all they were worried about.

They were keen not to lake first and foremost I agree but I did think they were trying

At our first corner they actually had hazard and Pedro on our half way line ready for that ball... We played a crap one and it never got cleared to them but you never see teams have 2 up when defending a corner now

They were keen not to lake first and foremost I agree but I did think they were trying

At our first corner they actually had hazard and Pedro on our half way line ready for that ball... We played a crap one and it never got cleared to them but you never see teams have 2 up when defending a corner now

That's a fair point. So perhaps they just were not trying very hard!

I have come to the conclusion that we carry very different ways of living and viewing life. All good. But I must just leave you with this. Once the game was over, after two hours sleep, it was 6am and freezing. I decided to gather up the pooch and take our daily 3 mile stroll early instead of late. The light was beautiful, just sensational, even better than the sunset light a couple
of days prior. Here's a photo...View attachment 2539 The only incandessance you will see edges her fur . Be well...

Beautiful looking dog what breed?

I have come to the conclusion that we carry very different ways of living and viewing life. All good. But I must just leave you with this. Once the game was over, after two hours sleep, it was 6am and freezing. I decided to gather up the pooch and take our daily 3 mile stroll early instead of late. The light was beautiful, just sensational, even better than the sunset light a couple
of days prior. Here's a photo...View attachment 2539 The only incandessance you will see edges her fur . Be well...

Not fair you know, a talented photographer having a photogenic dog. :p Truth be told, we do have a difference in how we view things, but we hashed this out long ago. Maybe one day I'll come around to 'hope and change' again. :) Be well, friend. I'd suggest not frizzing out over the little things (something I myself learned over the past few months).

IMG_20150819_132844672.jpg

From my phone camera, but accept it as an offering from a relative amateur. :p

Last edited:
Thought we should have had a penalty today.Liverpool were awarded a penalty to for exactly the same type of hand ball.Overall we did tire towards the end as you would expect .Onwards and upwards.We now have a whole week to prepare for the next game.

Forgot who it was that alluded to it.
But for me Chel53a today paid us the ultimate compliment by coming and parking the bus, using some sort of 4-6-0 formation, something they would probably have to do at Old Trafford or the Etihad...well, maybe not OT this season.
Thanks for the compliment Jose, we truly have come a long way in such a short time

Ironic when you think the first time I can remember hearing the phrase "park the bus" was many moons during in Jose's first incarnation as Chelsea manager when he accused us of that crime away at their place

Not fair you know, a talented photographer having a photogenic dog. :p Truth be told, we do have a difference in how we view things, but we hashed this out long ago. Maybe one day I'll come around to 'hope and change' again. :) Be well, friend. I'd suggest not frizzing out over the little things (something I myself learned over the past few months).

View attachment 2540

From my phone camera, but accept it as an offering from a relative amateur. :p

Cool. Where is this? Yup, those shots I put up are iPhone...I do have a Leica dlux 5 I enjoy using but tis more for work. Anyway, keeping in thread, to come out of this week's three games with teo clean sheets and two wins having not lost is great I know we'd both agree...

Cool. Where is this? Yup, those shots I put up are iPhone...I do have a Leica dlux 5 I enjoy using but tis more for work. Anyway, keeping in thread, to come out of this week's three games with teo clean sheets and two wins having not lost is great I know we'd both agree...

Really? An iPhone? Damn. Mine are from a Motorola, not nearly as high-res. :) They're from Sikkim, little mountain state in India snuggled up against the mighty Himalayas: I make it a point to stop by whenever work takes me to the subcontinent, and I've always found wandering its valleys and staying at its temples to be the most peaceful escape from reality one can find in this angry old world. That picture in particular comes from a lake I found after trekking for a couple of days: funnily enough, just a couple of minutes wandering along its shores brought me to an army base bustling with trucks, howitzers and BMP-2s, so it isn't as peaceable as it seems. :p

If you ever find yourself with the time and the inclination, I do recommend a visit to that little place. Sitting on the balcony of a Buddhist temple perched serenely upon a weathered old mountain, watching the golden rays of the setting sun slowly bathe the clouds below you in a gentle glow and dance merrily across the filigreed golden ornaments and creaking timbers of that ancient place....it makes you wonder about the little things. Whether hating on Levy's really worth the effort, for example. :p

And yes, we can both agree on that, mate: seven points, two clean sheets is nothing to scoff at indeed, whatever the circumstances.

IMG_20150817_114233459.jpg

Last edited:
Really? An iPhone? Damn. Mine are from a Motorola, not nearly as high-res. :) They're from Sikkim, little mountain state in India snuggled up against the mighty Himalayas: I make it a point to stop by whenever work takes me to the subcontinent, and I've always found wandering its valleys and staying at its temples to be the most peaceful escape from reality one can find in this angry old world. That picture in particular comes from a lake I found after trekking for a couple of days: funnily enough, just a couple of minutes wandering along its shores brought me to an army base bustling with trucks, howitzers and BMP-2s, so it isn't as peaceable as it seems. :p

If you ever find yourself with the time and the inclination, I do recommend a visit to that little place. Sitting on the balcony of a Buddhist temple perched serenely upon a weathered old mountain, watching the golden rays of the setting sun slowly bathe the clouds below you in a gentle glow and dance merrily across the filigreed golden ornaments and creaking timbers of that ancient place....it makes you wonder about the little things. Whether hating on Levy's really worth the effort, for example. :p

And yes, we can both agree on that, mate: seven points, two clean sheets is nothing to scoff at indeed, whatever the circumstances.

OK what have you done with the real Dubai? ;)

Actually doesn't matter. Prefer this one! :p:D

'The positives are that it's a draw, that is, the gaining of one point by preventing the opponent scoring more than you but failing to outscore them: additionally, that it keeps us unbeaten, where 'unbeaten' can be understood to mean 'undefeated by any opposition team over the course of multiple ninety-minute games over a certain period'.... and, beyond that, that's it's a hard run of games out of the way, where we faced many tough teams with better or on-par players and staff but emerged at the end of it ready to face many lower teams with inferior players and staff'.

I could make it a thesis statement if you'd like, steff. Long years at university have given me that skill. :p Either way, that objection isn't particularly relevant: I describe the negatives more floridly than I describe the positives, which takes up more space, but doesn't indicate a preference for one or the other. I could equally have said 'the negatives are that we're still being bummed by the Europa League, and we're still not good enough to aspire to the top', but that doesn't convey what I'm trying to indicate.

You spent a sentence on each. I thought both managers were probably satisfied with the 0-0 in the end. Neither side really wanted to play, for me. More concerned with not making mistakes. Especially Mourinho. His "We deserved more than a point" piece of me-me-me bullѕhіt was just typically classless. He came to play for a draw with the possibility of a bit of luck on the counter and he was glad of the point.

OK what have you done with the real Dubai? ;)

Actually doesn't matter. Prefer this one! :p:D

Hey, give him credit: he did enough in this summer for me to feel vindicated in my decision. Son, Toby, the genuine attempt for Berahino, net spend be damned, the new stadium renders I orgasmed over in the NDL thread that day...yeah, he made me reasonably happy enough to stick to my newfound convictions. :)

There, I've admitted to it. You've won, Gaz. Levy made me somewhat happy this summer. He's always struck me as a good person, but I finally saw him as a pretty good chairman. ;)

Hey, give him credit: he did enough in this summer for me to feel vindicated in my decision. Son, Toby, the genuine attempt for Berahino, net spend be damned, the new stadium renders I orgasmed over in the NDL thread that day...yeah, he made me reasonably happy enough to stick to my newfound convictions. :)

There, I've admitted to it. You've won, Gaz. Levy made me somewhat happy this summer. He's always struck me as a good person, but I finally saw him as a pretty good chairman. ;)

Ha! Good man Dubai, good man!

I just want us to 'win lucky' from time to time. We seem to 'draw unfortunately' often :) Of course you make your own luck. We are edging games without winning them all, but if we're honest, we are not doing quite enough to win always.

Last season we were too open and conceded too many. Poch, Alderweireld, Dier and a tweeked formation have worked wonders. We are hard to beat and long may it continue. We should improve upfront too as Son settles, Lamala continues improving and if Eriksen gets more space (from better movement from the others). Dembele can also take on some of the responsibility to win games. To be fair we have had a few injuries: Chadli, Son and Lamala missing has put more strain on Kane and you forget how young an attack we have. Is Son the oldest at 24? They are developing still.

After today I think the team will be hungry to go on a run and prove they can be ruthless. We missed Alli's sheer determination today. He's not the finished article by any means, but he bring an aggression to win at all costs which we missed.

Last edited:
Back