• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley*** OMT

What are you expecting from Burnley?

My point of view maybe it's the worst period to play against them because in the last period they have had fantastic results and played a good game. They drew with Manchester United, and away at Arsenal, and they beat Brighton 3-0.

They lost only 1-0 against Liverpool but the game was in the balance. For sure, for us they will be a really tough team, we have to know this. It's never easy to play against Burnley and they have a good manager that is showing in these years that his managing is very very good and maybe he could deserve something more.
Worth repeating ^^^
No mugs

I will not give up hope even if we lose and certainly not if we draw.

But a win would obviously be really good and important.

If we lose it would be mathematically possible. But if we haven't got the consistency to get 2 wins in a row we have no chance. It would be 4 loses in 5 games.

As we come in to a new dawn for the club, a new coming we will undergo a transformation akin to that of a werewolf, only this time, instead of being a creature of horror to all, we will live the tale of the 'ugly duckling' as we transform from a 'chicken badge' club in to a mighty badger, crowing so loudly that everyone will start to know who we truly are.

Don't get me wrong, yesterday was just the start. It was the platform, we have achieved nothing with this squad of players, but we will, it will happen, now is the time to believe, now is the time to act, going forward as a club to successes that will be told for many years afterwards.

We will move forwards collectively, climbing the steps until we reach the heights that Bill Nicholson famously referred to in his quote. We will reach those highs, but we can only do this by working together as one. So let's move forwards, let's shout our club name so loudly that no one will be able to ignore us. We are the mighty Tottenham Hotspur, now let's starting living up to that name!!

Burnley will not be an easy team to face, they provide a different challenge to that provided by Emirates Marketing Project. Burnley have been fighting to avoid relegation, and have recently shown improvement in their performances and form with a draw against Manchester United, and a comfortable victory yesterday against Brighton. Sean Dyche has Burnley set up to fight for every moment of action through the game. So we will need to be at it, we will need to display character, fight, and if we do so, and we can bring the quality that we have, then we can get the points. The match is there for us to win, let's go and get it done!! I know that our away supporters will give it all that they have, if the team can do so likewise, then this can be another glorious success.

So as we prepare to take on Burnley, here are the match details...

Fixture: Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
Competition: Premier League
Date: 23rd February

Predicted Lineup

LLoris
Emerson Royale
Cristian Romero
Eric Dier
Ben Davies
Ryan Sessegnon
Rodrigo Bentancur
Pierre-Emile Hjojberg
Dejan Kulusevski
Harry Kane
Son Heung-Min
What are you drinking? I'll have two of those!

If we lose it would be mathematically possible. But if we haven't got the consistency to get 2 wins in a row we have no chance. It would be 4 loses in 5 games.

There will be streaks, good and bad, for most or all teams involved in the fight for top 4.

Streaks are streaky... A poor streak doesn't predict the future any more than the good streak we were on before our recent losses.

If we lose to Burnley we'll be in the same position as if we had lost to City and beaten Burnley. If there would have been hope in one there is hope in the other.

I really hope we win though.

There will be streaks, good and bad, for most or all teams involved in the fight for top 4.

Streaks are streaky... A poor streak doesn't predict the future any more than the good streak we were on before our recent losses.

If we lose to Burnley we'll be in the same position as if we had lost to City and beaten Burnley. If there would have been hope in one there is hope in the other.

I really hope we win though.

If we'd have lost to city i wouldn't think we can get top 4. We'd still try ofcourse but i'd think it very unlikely. As it is we are 8th in the league. Games in hand are worthless if you don't win them. We are not favourites to get top 4, it's going to be very difficult. We need to win against burnley.

Last edited:
If we'd have lost to city i wouldn't think we can get top 4. We'd still try ofcourse but i'd think it very unlikely. As it is we are 8th in the league. Games in hand are worthless if you don't win them. As is we are not favourites to get top 4, it's going to be very difficult. We need to win against burnley.

There would be a gap. Possible to close, but difficult. Hope for me would fade, but not disappear.

There would be a gap. Possible to close, but difficult. Hope for me would fade, but not disappear.

70 points will probably get you top 4 this season.

Utd need 24 points from 12 games. 2 points a game.
West Ham 28 points from 12 games. 2.3 points a game.
Arsenal 28 points from 15 games. 1.87 points a game.
Wolves 30 points from 16 games. 1.87 points a game.
Spurs 31 points from 15 games. 2.07 points a game. That is 10 wins, 1 draw, 4 loses.

Presumably Burnley are going to be looking to exploit our recent frailties defending crosses in to the box - will be interesting to see how we cope with this

I think we will definitely see some rotation and Conte was emphasising the about of effort that the midfield 2 and wing backs put in against City. So, with Bentancur having played 3 games in 7 days, I think he will be rested for Winks in Skipp's continuing absence. Doherty for Emerson at RWB also looks likely and if Reguillon has recovered from Covid then he will likely replace Sessegnon as well. Can't see any changes to the back 3 and it would be harsh to leave out Kulu after his good performance against City.

With the exception of Reguillon, unfortunately all of these changes will weaken the team.

I think we will definitely see some rotation and Conte was emphasising the about of effort that the midfield 2 and wing backs put in against City. So, with Bentancur having played 3 games in 7 days, I think he will be rested for Winks in Skipp's continuing absence. Doherty for Emerson at RWB also looks likely and if Reguillon has recovered from Covid then he will likely replace Sessegnon as well. Can't see any changes to the back 3 and it would be harsh to leave out Kulu after his good performance against City.

With the exception of Reguillon, unfortunately all of these changes will weaken the team.

I think this could be a decent game for Doherty. Been quietly impressive recently. Probably won't offer great deliveries from wide, but could cause problems with his runs into the box and combination play.

Also think it could be a decent game for Winks. Pretty much always prefer him in a midfield three these days, I guess that's only an option if we move Kulu into a midfield. But even in a two his passing could be really useful and if Burnley mostly bypass central midfield his defensive shortcomings could be less of an issue.

Presumably Burnley are going to be looking to exploit our recent frailties defending crosses in to the box - will be interesting to see how we cope with this

If we can defend well in wide areas so the quality of the delivery isn't top notch we should be able to do better than in some of our recent games? Dier back should help too.

Will probably be some scrappy, difficult moments though.

They're missing Wood as well now so this weapon will be slightly less effective for them. The agent really done a number on Burnley disclosing the release fee to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

They're missing Wood as well now so this weapon will be slightly less effective for them. The agent really done a number on Burnley disclosing the release fee to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

They bought weghorst at half the price. The agent did burnley a favour.

Talk of top 4 is daft at this point imo. Let's see if we can put a run together of two wins, or even 3. Till we do, it's a waste of "online" breath. Tough game tonight: if we turn up, I expect a draw.

Back