• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa OMT***

Spurs 3 Villa 1

dShZH.gif

Should be a good win for us today. We are on decent form, at home, and improving all the time. Villa are playing bad and morale is low.

Yes, we might lose or draw. But quite why anyone would honestly predict anything but a win right now is baffling.

Should be a good win for us today. We are on decent form, at home, and improving all the time. Villa are playing bad and morale is low.

Yes, we might lose or draw. But quite why anyone would honestly predict anything but a win right now is baffling.

We are talking about Spurs here, weve got previous thats for sure..

But like you I feel we will win and win well, im hoping the fans will be 100% behind AVB now especially after last weekends win

Going to the game today, why is everyone bricking bricks over this game?!

A club with the quality we possess should easily brick all over the garbage that is Aston Villa.

4-0

We'd all love a win. A lack of optimism is based solely, and quite logically, on our relatively poor form this season.

Were poor and were 5th, fudge knows where we will be when we hit the straps, look at the true top clubs they have ground out results year in year out when playing not to their potential, its a sign were getting there

Must be some team news soon, come on i know its 4:30 hours till kick off!!!

I would be very surprised if AVB didn't start with the same XI who won at Old Trafford last time out...

Friedel

Walker Caulker Gallas Vertonghen

Sandro Dembele

Lennon Dempsey Bale

Defoe

I cannot predict the score, line up or eventual winners.

Only two things are certain: Darren Bent will score and taxes.

Rumours have it Lloris will be starting. just twitter talk though so its probs bollox

After the historic win over ManU last week, let's see which Spurs turn up in this match. If we can overcome the 23 year jinx and beat ManU at their own place, we should be able to beat any team, anywhere ! But this is Spurs who are masters of snatching failures from the jaws of success ! We always have this bad habit of getting complacent after getting a good win. We showed that against Panathinaikos. Let's see if AVB can change all that mentality ! We are on a 3 match winning run in the league. There is no reason whatsoever why we cannot beat Villa at home. Afterall, we are unbeaten against Villa in our last 7 matches against them.

Despite the brilliant win over ManU, you can't help but worry about our defending and attack. We just can't seem to keep a clean sheet in the league nowadays. And our attack is still not as consistent and clinical as it should be. We always have to score more than 1 goal to win matches as we always concede goals. The injuries to Kaboul, Parker and Adebayor could be the main reason for this. AVB's options are very limited when it comes to changing the team to improve our form. So, it depends on the available players to lift their game and win the matches for us.

I think our performances this season seem to be depend on how Bale and Defoe play. When they play well, we seem to play well and win. Otherwise, we seem to struggle badly. Just hope they will be at their best against Villa. It will be good if Adebayor is available for this match as AVB will have more options to call upon. Adebayor will atleast push Defoe to make use of the chances he gets. I am still not convinced of Sigurdson and Dempsey. Let's hope his goal against ManU have boosted Dempsey's confidence to do well. I think Sigurdson badly needs to score in the league to boost his confidence as well.

Just can't see us keeping a clean sheet, even against a shyte team like Villa. We need Kaboul and Vertonghen to play in centre defence to improve our defending. But the old and young combination of Gallas and Caulker are not the ideal defensive partnership. Gallas is past his best while Caulker is inexperienced. Just can't see them stopping other teams from scoring. Dawson is error prone as he showed against Panathinaikos. So, until Kaboul returns, we are going to struggle in defence. We have no choice but to outscore our opponents in every match.

We have every right to still celebrate the historic win over ManU. But we can't let it affect our form in other matches if we want to achieve something this season. Let's hope the players realise this fact. There is no reason whatsoever why we cannot beat Villa at home. Anything other than a win will be disappointing !

Rumours have it Lloris will be starting. just twitter talk though so its probs bollox

It will be a logical change but just can't see it. We have failed to keep a clean sheet in the league with Friedel in goal. Maybe Lloris will bring us better luck and and disciplin in defence, who knows. But unless Friedel is injured, just can't see AVB dropping him now, not with all the media pressure on him.

If lloris is to start I can see the logic. Expecting a number of crosses and someone coming off the line would be crucial. I'm sure that is AVBs thinking

Back