• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

They've started with terracing on the North Stand third tier, and West Stand Corporate. Will look massive onse finished! Also, the slope/curve in the corners is far less than I feared, and a lot less than at the death star. Jolly good!
image.php

Can someone please answer or educate me as to why they have the sloped or curved bit in there? Is it purely for design? I only ask as surely that is wasting space for seats? Also, do we have to apply for 61,000 seats or could we just say, ah it's actually now 63,000 or more? The answer to my first question probably answers all!

Can someone please answer or educate me as to why they have the sloped or curved bit in there? Is it purely for design? I only ask as surely that is wasting space for seats? Also, do we have to apply for 61,000 seats or could we just say, ah it's actually now 63,000 or more? The answer to my first question probably answers all!

It's how they build stadiums these days. Nobody is more than a certain distance from the opposite corner flag or whatever.

It's to do with distance to the pitch and optimisation of the view. If it was the same hight in the corner, the corner would have to be deeper, leading to the radius being tighter, which in turn leads to restricted view.
If you "push" the corner out to negate the thight radius, you would actually get fewer seats than the current solution.

It's to do with distance to the pitch and optimisation of the view. If it was the same hight in the corner, the corner would have to be deeper, leading to the radius being tighter, which in turn leads to restricted view.
If you "push" the corner out to negate the thight radius, you would actually get fewer seats than the current solution.
Cheers dude.

I thought it was to fit in the idiot screens. The people behind them would have obscured views otherwise

Millennium Stadium and Wembley, where the screens are in similar position to WHL, don't have wavy corners for example (Wembley's a bit slanty, but along all it's length)

I thought it was to fit in the idiot screens. The people behind them would have obscured views otherwise

Millennium Stadium and Wembley, where the screens are in similar position to WHL, don't have wavy corners for example (Wembley's a bit slanty, but along all it's length)
But Wembley have curved main stands, which we don't have.

Back