• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Wait, is this a test event? For that matter, was the south stand event a proper 'test event'?

Also, can we please please stop calling it a bowl? What's good with good old stadium?

A familiarisation event to take a tour of the stadium and seating etc .... we are getting ready to host the super bowl pal I wouldn't really worry about what they call it.

A familiarisation event to take a tour of the stadium and seating etc .... we are getting ready to host the super bowl pal I wouldn't really worry about what they call it.

Hmm so I guess not an official test event.

Well make sure to take lots of pictures!

Wait, is this a test event? For that matter, was the south stand event a proper 'test event'?

Also, can we please please stop calling it a bowl? What's good with good old stadium?

Think the official test events have to include 20 then 40k in attendance...

If you want to call it "the stands and pitch area" or the "inside outside area" instead of "bowl", go ahead. However, I doubt either of those phrases will catch on.

Ok so still some way to go, cheers for letting me know.
The club basically said the stadium won’t be open before Feb by announcing the Utd game at Wembley. So there’s plenty of time for test events.

The below link explains that staffing issues with the police meant we couldn’t stage anything over Christmas / New year even though we wanted to, which meant the Utd game was too soon. So rather than there being still some way to go, it seems that it’s basically ready and we’re waiting on the Christmas season to finish so the Police aren’t spread so thin.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...aying-at-new-stadium-until-february-w6btb5tzw

Last edited:
It's the correct terminology for the configuration. The stadium refers to the whole thing, the bowl does not.

I'm not really concerned with the exact terminology for the configuration to be honest, there are lots of terms used in everyday life which are not the exactly correct terminology. Our new stadium 'bowl' is one I wish was on that list.

If you want to call it "the stands and pitch area" or the "inside outside area" instead of "bowl", go ahead. However, I doubt either of those phrases will catch on.

You're right. Its either 'stands and pitch area' or bowl. If only there was some word that most football clubs used for that box they played in which had caught on for the last century.....

YiTRKyp.jpg

Back