• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It's a bit weird, because it looks like the flaps on the sidelines are fine or as they should be (from the pics from yesterday), but the flaps around the corner flag and behind the goal line don't look elevated enough compared to that video.

Maybe they were not fully elevated

It's a bloody death trap!

DrTxzaxX0AA0r05.jpg:large

Do_v0vJWwAAxMbt.jpg

unklO3B.jpg

Why haven't they raised the 'surround' already, see little point leaving as is?
So not entirely convinced its 'crisis over'.

To be fair, the explanation on that video says literally ‘once the sections are in place, the touchline rises up to pitch level’. Not rises up to slightly below, or provides a slope, but rises up to pitch level.

With that in mind, I’d hope it’s all fine and am a lot more content than I was earlier this afternoon. But with that said, it is slightly weird they didn’t raise the whole thing for the test day given the whole point was to show it off.

Honestly, this place is hilarious sometimes!

“When the players slide the studs will dig in and they’ll push apart the pitch segments”

“The reason for the delay is actually because the away teams coach entrance isn’t big enough”

In response to the ITK that the contractor that done the wiring rushed it and didn’t know what they’re doing: “I worry that the build quality of the stadium isn’t good enough and we’re going to have structural problems later down the line”

“The small wall dividing the south stand with the east and west means some seats can’t see the pitch”

“The pitch run off is too small, it’s impossible to take corners on it”

What’s even funnier is that people actually convince themselves that they’re right and extrapolate the situation to surmise that Poch is not going to be happy about it, for example!

Honestly, this place is hilarious sometimes!

“When the players slide the studs will dig in and they’ll push apart the pitch segments”

“The reason for the delay is actually because the away teams coach entrance isn’t big enough”

In response to the ITK that the contractor that done the wiring rushed it and didn’t know what they’re doing: “I worry that the build quality of the stadium isn’t good enough and we’re going to have structural problems later down the line”

“The small wall dividing the south stand with the east and west means some seats can’t see the pitch”

“The pitch run off is too small, it’s impossible to take corners on it”

What’s even funnier is that people actually convince themselves that they’re right and extrapolate the situation to surmise that Poch is not going to be happy about it, for example!

This place is full of chairmen, players, managers and now engineers and architects too

Yes much better not to query anything on a discussion board - as it seems to have transpired the pitch flaps raise up from the angle they were at on the open day, presumably because the run off in the photo is too small...

Yes much better not to query anything on a discussion board - as it seems to have transpired the pitch flaps raise up from the angle they were at on the open day, presumably because the run off in the photo is too small...
Is not the commenting, that’s Obviously completely fine, it’s the authority that some people speak with that each of these things really is a problem.

Is not the commenting, that’s Obviously completely fine, it’s the authority that some people speak with that each of these things really is a problem.

To be honest I thought it was funnier that people were saying ‘it will be fine, other stadiums have no space to take corners’ than it was funny people were querying it.

No one who queried it spoke with any authority and in fact layered the assumption in that there was something we were missing. At least I wasn’t speaking with any authority - I couldn’t believe how ridiculous the whole thing would be.

To be honest I thought it was funnier that people were saying ‘it will be fine, other stadiums have no space to take corners’ than it was funny people were querying it.

No one who queried it spoke with any authority and in fact layered the assumption in that there was something we were missing. At least I wasn’t speaking with any authority - I couldn’t believe how ridiculous the whole thing would be.

I guess a lot of people (myself included) more or less thought to themselves "it would simply be too amateurish if there wouldn't be enough space to take corners", and looked to bridge the gap between the perceived lack of space in the photos we've seen with any rational explanation that would make sense - be it optical illusions stemming from those photos or a missing piece of the puzzle (like the video you posted showed). Did anyone claim to speak with authority on the matter? I just read a lot of suggestions for what might be the case, as it would simply defy belief that the designers of something so magnificent would miss an essential detail like that.

I guess a lot of people (myself included) more or less thought to themselves "it would simply be too amateurish if there wouldn't be enough space to take corners", and looked to bridge the gap between the perceived lack of space in the photos we've seen with any rational explanation that would make sense - be it optical illusions stemming from those photos or a missing piece of the puzzle (like the video you posted showed). Did anyone claim to speak with authority on the matter? I just read a lot of suggestions for what might be the case, as it would simply defy belief that the designers of something so magnificent would miss an essential detail like that.

What if to get it finished ASAP that was a trade-off?

:D

Back