• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

image.php

Weird reflection thingy going on in the NW corner.
Daniel's walking across the pitch on his way to work. That's the portal to his office ;)

I think this is the absolute best thing they have achieved with the stadium, it is so closed in, close to the pitch, itll be incredible.

Stadia just dont get made that way these days, its going to be a game changer IMHO.

Absolutely. That coupled with the massive single tier stand are going to make gooners green with envy for years to come. :D

Absolutely. That coupled with the massive single tier stand are going to make gooners green with envy for years to come. :D
Thats the thing right. Dortmund is renouned for its single tier and its atmosphere isnt it? And UK fans wont really see that other than going to Dortmund and experiencing it. Even watching it on tele, i'd imagine not a lot of UK fans watch German football. So to experience this on MOTD, Sky, BT etc on a weekly basis will make so many fans jealous it's going to be awesome. Add the fact that I will be in there for 45 minutes each home game adding to the atmosphere is so exciting.

Thats the thing right. Dortmund is renouned for its single tier and its atmosphere isnt it? And UK fans wont really see that other than going to Dortmund and experiencing it. Even watching it on tele, i'd imagine not a lot of UK fans watch German football. So to experience this on MOTD, Sky, BT etc on a weekly basis will make so many fans jealous it's going to be awesome. Add the fact that I will be in there for 45 minutes each home game adding to the atmosphere is so exciting.

What do they call it now ?

A single tier stand does not automatically generate an atmosphere. The people on it have to make an effort. We have to remember that this will be quite different than what we used to have at the lane. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

A single tier stand does not automatically generate an atmosphere. The people on it have to make an effort. We have to remember that this will be quite different than what we used to have at the lane. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Would it be correct to assume there would a be a lax attitude to allow peope to stand at this end? I guess a lot of ex park laners will still be in that end and as people will be consistently sitting in similar groups so that should encourage a better atmosphere than the thinned out general sale tickets interspersing with season ticket holders at Wembley. I’ve gone from east lower to behind the goal, I think I prefer a sideline view but I want to be part of the area that will try and create the most noise.

The other thing is having been away for like longer than expected it is going to feel like a privilege to be back in our own ground!

I might have become overly pessimistic after a year and a half at Wembley and how that has impacted the mood and atmosphere at games lately. But as you say, it should be great when we get back in. However, we have to admit that even the Lane wasn't always rocking as much as we'd like to think at times. With half the capacity of the old ground now seated (or hopefully standing) in the South Stand, there could be some challenges as to getting it going.

It is easy to compare it with Dortmund, but they have been in their ground forever and I believe they have organised fan groups. There is not as much of that in England, and that is also what I like about English fan culture. The fact that the chants and atmosphere roll with how the game unfolds is to me much more satisfying than organised supporters with megaphones droning on with the same monotonous chant for half the game.

No matter what, I am relishing going back to Tottenham for games again. On my latest trip to London for the Chelsea game, although the game itself was great, I had a better overall experience the day after, going to the Spurs shop and having a few beers with mates in the Tottenham area.

I might have become overly pessimistic after a year and a half at Wembley and how that has impacted the mood and atmosphere at games lately. But as you say, it should be great when we get back in. However, we have to admit that even the Lane wasn't always rocking as much as we'd like to think at times. With half the capacity of the old ground now seated (or hopefully standing) in the South Stand, there could be some challenges as to getting it going.

It is easy to compare it with Dortmund, but they have been in their ground forever and I believe they have organised fan groups. There is not as much of that in England, and that is also what I like about English fan culture. The fact that the chants and atmosphere roll with how the game unfolds is to me much more satisfying than organised supporters with megaphones droning on with the same monotonous chant for half the game.

No matter what, I am relishing going back to Tottenham for games again. On my latest trip to London for the Chelsea game, although the game itself was great, I had a better overall experience the day after, going to the Spurs shop and having a few beers with mates in the Tottenham area.

You wilfully went to Tottenham when there WASN’T a game on??

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back