• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Damn!

19172e98a2486ce0756a41cbe808f7a8.jpg

He doesn't sound that excited about it, probably just being diplomatic.

He's a pretty low key guy though, not one for big words and lots of energy and excitement. He's actually from the same place as my ex-girlfriend, this tiny boring rural town in Denmark - my ex went to school with him, and describes him as a very anonymous, quiet, somewhat dull person who was just really good at football. :p just as poch likes them, in other words.

He's a pretty low key guy though, not one for big words and lots of energy and excitement. He's actually from the same place as my ex-girlfriend, this tiny boring rural town in Denmark - my ex went to school with him, and describes him as a very anonymous, quiet, somewhat dull person who was just really good at football. :p just as poch likes them, in other words.

Heheheh except for this young chap...

From Pochettino's Press Conference....
"Yesterday afternoon we were there, checking the facilities, the changing rooms and everything, We are so excited, we cannot wait to move there. We understand that is it a fantastic project for the future of the club that will be forever. To wait maybe one or two months more, we need to have patience. We are so disappointed because we expect to play in 2018 and it should be ready for play before the end of the year but that is not going to be possible and we need to wish and hope that in January or February we can move there and it will be a fantastic moment for everyone, the supporters, the players. It will be a massive boost."

Had an interesting chat with a family member who works as a construction site supervisor. We were looking over the various camera views of the new stadium and he was impressed. When I told him how fans are a bit fed up with the delay in opening, he said he doesn't enjoy working on jobs where a client has to have it ready to go by a specific date.

His experience is that various trades often work to manipulate that deadline for their benefit. By slowing work down, it invites the possibility of overtime as deadline approaches. Or, it creates the need to hire more workers. Either way, the workers or their unions are happy to see such circumstances. He has to deal with it often on builds involving federal government facilities that need to open in step with the political calendar.

He thought the wisest thing Spurs could do now as completion nears is not to make any statement about opening dates or test events. Just remain quiet until the key components of the build are past completion and ready to open and use - even if it's not completely finished outside. Certainly the exterior is looking likely to be done soon on all but the east side.

It will certainly not stop the more fidgety fans from yapping and chirping about their discontent. But a few weeks more at the end of a decade-long project is not a big deal.

Last edited:
It will certainly not stop the more fidgety fans from yapping and chirping about their discontent. But a few weeks more at the end of a decade-long project is not a big deal.

I can remember sitting up late to watch that council meeting (there might of been two actually????) When was that?

Back