• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Tom's got a great imagination, I'll give him that.

With reference to where we might be playing, the amount that Archway want for their business or both?

Something that would be fantastic would be for Spurs to come out publicly with a statement outlining:

a) What the independent valuations of the Archway site are,
b) The highest offer that Spurs made to them (in terms of money + alternative premises)
c) The lowest counter offer that Archway have asked for.

Or would doing this sort of thing perhaps prejudice the CPO decision?

I don't know about prejuduce but I can't see it helping. If/when the CPO is approved there could still be grounds to make a settlement with Archway to facilitate the move. Presumably the CPO would give them an amount of time to move and getting them to move quicker could help the timetable, especially if the plans to use the part-built stadium are still on-going, when precise timing could make the difference of a year in the opening date.

Come down to the millennium stadium in cardiff,they will welcome us with open arms,70k staduim,closed roof,excellent transport links. With the WRU wanting to clear their staduim debt as quickly as possible,and with most of our home games on a sunday it shouldn't affect cardiff city at all.

Win win situation......well for me anyway£9 return on a train,lol.

With reference to where we might be playing, the amount that Archway want for their business or both?

Something that would be fantastic would be for Spurs to come out publicly with a statement outlining:

a) What the independent valuations of the Archway site are,
b) The highest offer that Spurs made to them (in terms of money + alternative premises)
c) The lowest counter offer that Archway have asked for.

Or would doing this sort of thing perhaps prejudice the CPO decision?

i don't think THFC should be doing this, but one of the MP's should. the CPO is proper order of things and now that things are way out of order, some transparency is necessary.

Come down to the millennium stadium in cardiff,they will welcome us with open arms,70k staduim,closed roof,excellent transport links. With the WRU wanting to clear their staduim debt as quickly as possible,and with most of our home games on a sunday it shouldn't affect cardiff city at all.

Win win situation......well for me anyway£9 return on a train,lol.

If the club did a deal with the highways agency to split the added income from the speeding fines on the M4, we could pay off the stadium debts in a year. Every team that played a cup final at MS got hammered on that front.

I've dialled down expectations of an announcement until October ends. No one in the government bureaucracy is seriously doing any work until middle of September at the earliest. By the time all the gears get meshed and the wheels turning, it'll be another month. Then a quick flurry of passed documents, flourished signatures and a dramatic announcement to ward off pre-Christmas riots. Followed by hearty chuckles and backslaps over brandies and biscuits at the club.

Rumours have Pickles being moved in the Cabinet reshuffle. It would be nice if he signs off before he clears his desk.

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

Lloris' signature no longer the most important one this summer.

I almost can't believe this...keep thinking it is a wind -up by some disreputable gooners.
I will believe when I hear on BBC News tonight...

Get in!

Possibly a further announcement from the club in not too long then?

Back