• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

But I could staple someone's cat to my garage wall and post it on twitter as an illustration of what's happening in the stadium
Well yea, clearly we don’t know if he’s talking BS or not, but considering that we do know for a fact that the only reason the stadium is delayed is because of the wiring of the security system, then it seems a fairly believable version of events? If not that then what else?

You would imagine cables would be hidden in trunking with a proper clip-on (or screw on) facing... rather than a bit of mdf that you have to tack into place with pin nails?!

As some one who had no idea what trunking and lidding is, I found the following pictures helpful.

LEG_lt2310_2.jpg
LEG_ltgc_1.jpg

The trunking (left) is where the cables go and then they are enclosed with the lid (right). It seems absurd to think that the cables are being damaged when "lidding" as that suggests they haven't bought the right lidding and are having to nail something random on.

I could imaging that occasionally a cable could be damaged if the trunking was too small for all the cables inside and it was a fight to get the lid on, but for this to be a stadium wide problem stretches the imagination.

As some one who had no idea what trunking and lidding is, I found the following pictures helpful.

LEG_lt2310_2.jpg
LEG_ltgc_1.jpg

The trunking (left) is where the cables go and then they are enclosed with the lid (right). It seems absurd to think that the cables are being damaged when "lidding" as that suggests they haven't bought the right lidding and are having to nail something random on.

I could imaging that occasionally a cable could be damaged if the trunking was too small for all the cables inside and it was a fight to get the lid on, but for this to be a stadium wide problem stretches the imagination.

In the tweet they are talking of it being malicious sabotage and having seen similar on previous large construction jobs, as far as I can make out they are saying that the cable is laid, then circuit tested and then at some point later on the lidding team comes along and install the lids and its only after this that the circuits are tested again and this is when the problems have been found, so all fingers are pointing at the lidding team as they were the last to have access to the exposed cables. Also they say its small pins (i'm assuming like needles) rather than nails being knocked into them.

All speculation but it passes the time

Well yea, clearly we don’t know if he’s talking BS or not, but considering that we do know for a fact that the only reason the stadium is delayed is because of the wiring of the security system, then it seems a fairly believable version of events? If not that then what else?

The Polish electricians used metric measurements for everything while the Brits used imperial ones. That's my guess.

Whether these stories are true or not, have there ever even been so many rumours about other clubs new stadiums? Here? Abroad? Wembley?

It feels like we’re having to deal with a lot more than other clubs have had to deal with. Sabotage, laziness etc. Really is a struggle.

Whether these stories are true or not, have there ever even been so many rumours about other clubs new stadiums? Here? Abroad? Wembley?

It feels like we’re having to deal with a lot more than other clubs have had to deal with. Sabotage, laziness etc. Really is a struggle.

First club stadium built since the explosion of social media?

If all these rumours were even half true the stadium would never be built

The ever-expanding clamishness of the internet is partly to blame I would say. And it won't be getting better when the next stadium build happens. There will be stories of devil worshipping ceremonies and goat fudging in the centre circle (which could be combined for convenience).

In reality, I would be amazed if there weren't delays in a project this size. Move along, nothing to see here.

Back