• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Twickenham definitely has a limit on the number of events in can stage each year and the RFU would never sanction an association football club playing there. Besides, the public transport links to Twickenham are even worse than to Tottenham.

I imagine the F.A. might have something to say about the goal posts as well Milo.

My sister lives over that way so I could pop in for some tea and cake, Twickenham it is then.

In all seriousness it sounds like Wembley or MK DONS. Neither is the end of the world for a season.

I imagine the F.A. might have something to say about the goal posts as well Milo.

My sister lives over that way so I could pop in for some tea and cake, Twickenham it is then.

In all seriousness it sounds like Wembley or MK DONS. Neither is the end of the world for a season.[/QUOTE]

Agree, if, we have to share, I could live with either of those two options, with MK my selfish first choice

I don't want MK Dons, for one I would not be able to get there for any evening games, driving would be a nightmare on the M1 in rush hour.. should I finish work at 5. Its an hour without anyone else on the road. a lot of people travel straight from work for evening games.

Public transport is 2hrs 15mins if you start at WHL. lol (switch to train option on that link)

As a side note.. train journey from London Bridge to Charlton is 16mins +4min walk is 20mins , from Euston to MK Dons its 38, 44 or 57min train + 37min after train is 75mins shortest.

Car from WHL to Charlton is 32mins without traffic

WHL to Charlton is 1hr 27mins with public transport.. but a lot less if you go to games after working in central London, as said above on London Bridge to Charlton train time. According to the above link its 30mins just from the station to get to MKDons stadium!.

Looking at the times for trains home anyone traveling back into London from MK Dons could be in danger of missing last trains.

Ontop of this is another very very important thing is costs, a London Travel card would cover Charlton. Charlton is in Zone 3.

Cost for MKDons is click link I have done it for a Thursday night so just after 5 and come home at 22:30. (remember 30 mins+ from the ground) That's an extra £38 each.

Another choice I would prefer is Watford.

A wildcard choice should it be finished is...

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/lionel-road-secretary-of-state-approval-1419585.aspx

Last edited:

I don't think that matters tbh. A lot won't want to do it IMO.. infact for that season they should forget season tickets, miss a year.

I don't think that matters tbh. A lot won't want to do it IMO.. infact for that season they should forget season tickets, miss a year.

I think it matters massively. The last thing the club will want to do is allow the number of ST holders to drop and risk those people not then buying one the next season when the whole economic model will depend upon 40 odd thousand season tickets being sold. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to see the club look to sell a few thousand more season tickets in the one or two years before we play in the new stadium.

I think any stadium we play at for a season will definitely have a capacity of over 30,000.

Surely if Wembley can have unlimited events for upto 50k then we would go there. Can't see us going anywhere else tbh. The FA are still paying off Wembley so would like a season of club football there. Not to mention 50k would be a nice stepping stone for us from 36k to to 56k. Would allow a few more season tickets to be brought before we move into the new stadium. Rather than 10-15k season tickets released at once. Sounds just like Levy's business method to slowly release season tickets as well rather than just flood the market with them.

This would allow us to maybe have 1-2 games at 90k like Arsenal.

I think it matters massively. The last thing the club will want to do is allow the number of ST holders to drop and risk those people not then buying one the next season when the whole economic model will depend upon 40 odd thousand season tickets being sold. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to see the club look to sell a few thousand more season tickets in the one or two years before we play in the new stadium.
I think any stadium we play at for a season will definitely have a capacity of over 30,000.

Yes please an additional 4024 would be just fine \o/

I agree, Wembley or MK Dons would be a total nightmare for me, id put most of my ticket on stubhub that season

It's not called the Carling cup any more.

This is not aimed at you but in general. I have/had a chelsea fan work for me only a kid and he just did not know what I was talking about when I called it the League cup. He would only use the sponsors name for it, genuinely had no idea what the league cup was.

It has never been the Carling cup it has always and always will be the League cup. The F.A. cup is the F.A. cup not the "sponsored" F.A. cup.

No offence as I am sure you know the difference because you were just replying to someone else. Just really gets my goat is all.

"And we'll really shake me up when we win the Littlewoods Cup".

Worked better than
League Cup
Milk Cup
Carling Cup
Capital One Cup

Although Rumbelows Cup wasn't far off

AFAIC, it's still Divs 1-4 as well, whatever they're calling them this season.

Back