• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I prefer people hitting the corrugated iron at the back of stands - that has a much more authentic sound to it.

Someone occasionally managed to replicate that in the Park Lane/Shelf corner of Wembley - I'm not sure what they found there to hit.
The angled guarding to the front row of East Upper was good for banging.

The angled guarding to the front row of East Upper was good for banging.

williams.jpg

So have the trays they slid out been slid back under the stand? Or is even the astroturf pitch buiIt on trays and our grass pitch slides out on more trays? I suppose our grass pitch is growing in trays somewhere (training ground?) or are the trays so big they'd have to be onsite already?

So have the trays they slid out been slid back under the stand? Or is even the astroturf pitch buiIt on trays and our grass pitch slides out on more trays? I suppose our grass pitch is growing in trays somewhere (training ground?) or are the trays so big they'd have to be onsite already?

The trays at the stadium will be filled with sand and once the playing area has been cleared of workers and equipment and they can bring them out permanently, turf will be rolled out on top.

Bloody foreigners.

Seriously though, I'd rather have the ground full of passionate foreigners than local moaning gits.
I live 20 miles north of the ground, but I only ever go to Tottenham for a match, so what's the difference with someone doing that from further away?

Glad to hear it. Have only ever been warmly welcomed by Englishmen while at matches, but I've had this sneaking feeling that some fans might not like too many foreigners getting "their" tickets. Then again, I often think people don't like me when I speak to them, so I've probably just translated that anxiety! :p

Glad to hear it. Have only ever been warmly welcomed by Englishmen while at matches, but I've had this sneaking feeling that some fans might not like too many foreigners getting "their" tickets. Then again, I often think people don't like me when I speak to them, so I've probably just translated that anxiety! :p

Well i like very few people in general. But as long as they dont stuff to kids, i like a) spurs fans.

I think we like foreign Spurs fans visiting. As mentioned the day trippers and tourists who don't have an affiliation to Spurs are a different story. I don't think there are that many Spurs fans who live in Tottenham. Most travel in. Ironically I'm about 2.5 miles from the stadium but don't make it to many games anymore - due to work and family commitments for the last 2 years.

The trays at the stadium will be filled with sand and once the playing area has been cleared of workers and equipment and they can bring them out permanently, turf will be rolled out on top.
So the trays they rolled out the other day are now back under the south stand while they lay the NFL pitch?

So the trays they rolled out the other day are now back under the south stand while they lay the NFL pitch?

Yes. But they were fitting goal posts. So there's either room under there to do that, or they can move the pitch future out or partially into the stadium to fit the posts.

Last edited:
Back