• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

can we have an action replay ?
wq5ocN8h.png

They just smash the Jumbotron? I thought that would be something they could give away or potentially sell, but too big perhaps?

I would have thought the technology in the jumbotron would be 'old-hat' by now. It may be that current giant screen technologies and resolution means that destroying it is actually cheaper than trying to sell it/re-use it.

I would have thought the technology in the jumbotron would be 'old-hat' by now. It may be that current giant screen technologies and resolution means that destroying it is actually cheaper than trying to sell it/re-use it.

I'm pretty sure the club were struggling just to keep them working. Jumbotron screens were essentially made up of old style CRT TV screens, and stopped being manufactured over 10 years ago.

These days large format screens are all made up of LED panels.

NB Never noticed Ally Pally in the distance before![/QUOTE]

more interesting is if you look hard enough you can see the tax payers stadium in the middle from of lapse 5. bullet dodged!

taxpayers.png

Attachments

• stratford from WHLjpeg.png
    stratford from WHLjpeg.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Looks like the crawler cranes are moving into position to lift the roof truss from the old paxton stand. Rumors say it's happening this weekend.

They've been busy clearing the area beneath and either doing some welding or cutting on the truss. Based on the flickering I'm guessing welding. Still some preparations needed, so I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day.

WHL_29.png

that truss must have been quite a feat of engineering when it was put it? any idea how long it took and when it happened?

that truss must have been quite a feat of engineering when it was put it? any idea how long it took and when it happened?
Nothing special about it. It's very simple engeneering. It went up in the summer of 1997 iirc. There were only a few rows of the lower tier and no roof when the season started that year.

They've now spent hours mounting a beam underneath the truss on the eastern end. If the western side takes that long it'll be midnight before the lift happens.

Crane linked up at the East end of the beam and a cherry picker doing something in the middle (linking up the second crane?)

Back