• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Do you think the suits care what the great unwashed think, just as long as the fluffy bunnies cuddlings in the media call it that in ever report it will get the coverage they want. Ask your'e self have you bought any AIA products?

AIA do not sponsor us to have their name mentioned every time we talk about the shirt.

Stadium sponsorship is about mass usage as much as it is media coverage. It is the reason why naming rights are worth less second time around, people use the name less.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that Levy will squeeze every penny he can out of them but the rights would be worth more if we were moving a mile down the road.

AIA do not sponsor us to have their name mentioned every time we talk about the shirt.

Stadium sponsorship is about mass usage as much as it is media coverage. It is the reason why naming rights are worth less second time around, people use the name less.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that Levy will squeeze every penny he can out of them but the rights would be worth more if we were moving a mile down the road.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean by mass usage. I believe the media will promote the sponsors name into the market place, what we call it will have little impact, do any of us refer to the Emirates Stadium or do we call it the Emptycrates? our rivals will come up with a suitable humorous name for our stadium will that put off sponsors? It appears to me that stadiums without a sponsors name are more acceptable to the fans when clubs relocate.

I've also heard that the NFL have demanded every seat have the function to drop into a trapdoor with an eclosed slide. You double tap left for bogs and double tap right for the bar. This will save time and effort, having halved the journey time too. Exactly what fat Americans love.

Unfortunately for the away fans their trap doors directly go to either the food waste or the sewage. Again this feature is only activated by the latest gadgetry. At the end of the game the crowd cheers for either option. At which Levy stands wearing a sound sensitive glove which then forces Levys thumb up or down. I hear the thumb down means the bricker....

Just heard a rumour.

Hate to be a negative Nancy, but I think we will all gradually come to call it whatever it will be named eventually, seeing as everyone else but us will refer to it as Nike Stadium or whatever. Hope I'm wrong, of course. :)

Well, not to take too many pointers from that lot down the road, but their fans are pretty much used to calling their bowl the 'Emirates' now. The official 'Ashburton Grove' title isn't used much, judging by what I can see of AFTV and their many mouth-breathers on r/soccer.

Of course, that's slightly different to our situation (no way they could have continued to call their gaff 'Highbury', while we can still feasibly call ours the Lane - difference between moving half a kilometer and moving basically 50 yards further to the left :p ). But it's still an indicator as to repeated usage of the corporate name drowning out what the fans want eventually.

Well, not to take too many pointers from that lot down the road, but their fans are pretty much used to calling their bowl the 'Emirates' now. The official 'Ashburton Grove' title isn't used much, judging by what I can see of AFTV and their many mouth-breathers on r/soccer.

Of course, that's slightly different to our situation (no way they could have continued to call their gaff 'Highbury', while we can still feasibly call ours the Lane - difference between moving half a kilometer and moving basically 50 yards further to the left :p ). But it's still an indicator as to repeated usage of the corporate name drowning out what the fans want eventually.

But i think that's the big difference........i'm actually gonna be going to exactly the same place as i was before.

The route, routine, drinking holes, walk up the high road are all gonna be the same. Just the four stands will be different, so it actually feels weirder to change what I call it.

its the best of both worlds really - the club can treat it as an entirely new stadium (which it is tbf) and market it that way whilst the supporters can keep on referring to it as The Lane or whatever

what will be the main importance (imo) is that we can keep on singing songs which refer to it as the Lane - can't imagine Arsenal/West Ham and other new stadium clubs fans' have conjured up too many songs referencing their new homes name, which i reckon will go some way to help bring in the feel of home whilst elsewhere helps potentially promotes a feeling of disconnect between the club/stadium and fans

its the best of both worlds really - the club can treat it as an entirely new stadium (which it is tbf) and market it that way whilst the supporters can keep on referring to it as The Lane or whatever

what will be the main importance (imo) is that we can keep on singing songs which refer to it as the Lane - can't imagine Arsenal/West Ham and other new stadium clubs fans' have conjured up too many songs referencing their new homes name, which i reckon will go some way to help bring in the feel of home whilst elsewhere helps potentially promotes a feeling of disconnect between the club/stadium and fans

Good point. Hopefully we can keep the name alive at the new stadium by keeping up with the songs. We'll see what happens.

Are the stands going to be sponsored?

I would like it if we named them after famous players, one of them has to be called the Bill Nicholson stand.

We really should. Maybe we can get some seat-tifo in as well, like Preston has at Deepdale. :D

FP-McCann-About-Us-Projects-Stadia-Preston-North-End-Football-Club.jpg

Good point. Hopefully we can keep the name alive at the new stadium by keeping up with the songs. We'll see what happens.

We really should. Maybe we can get some seat-tifo in as well, like Preston has at Deepdale. :D

FP-McCann-About-Us-Projects-Stadia-Preston-North-End-Football-Club.jpg

We haven't got enough stands
Woodward
Dimmock
Rowe
Nicholson
Burgess
Ramsey
Blanchflower
Mackay

I don't believe it's appropriate to name stands after living players

But i think that's the big difference........i'm actually gonna be going to exactly the same place as i was before.

The route, routine, drinking holes, walk up the high road are all gonna be the same. Just the four stands will be different, so it actually feels weirder to change what I call it.

That's true - the route will be largely the same. I hadn't thought of that, tbh.

I wonder if the corporate name will stick, or if the fans can keep the Lane alive. We're in a bit of a unique position for such an experiment, come to think of it.

That's true - the route will be largely the same. I hadn't thought of that, tbh.

I wonder if the corporate name will stick, or if the fans can keep the Lane alive. We're in a bit of a unique position for such an experiment, come to think of it.
What might happen is the more they don't want us to use it (the lane) the more we will.

A bit like the use of the word Yid. Y'know what us football fans are like.......try and tell us not to do something/what to do and.......

It's a few years out of date but this study seems to support the argument that virgin sites are worth more in naming rights.

The effectiveness of advertising messages depends in part on the amount of “noise” or clutter that hinders reception of the message by potential customers (Shank, 2002). Inthe case of stadium naming rights, a key negative influence on the advertising effectiveness is likely to be the clutter associated with any pre-existing name attached to the facility in the minds of the target audiences. Hence, it is expected that the value of stadium naming rights for newly constructed facilities and/or facilities that have not yet hosted a major event is higher

http://www.academia.edu/15758404/Wh...o_the_Valuation_of_Sporting_Intangible_Assets

Back