• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

:confused:
A: The new stadium has been designed to bring fans closer to the pitch that at any other modern stadium in the country. The first row of seats will be less than 8 metres from the touchline all the way around the ground – even closer for our singe-tier ‘home end’ which will be under 6 metres – compared with over 12 metres at the City of Manchester Stadium, over 13 metres at the Emirates Stadium and 18 metres at Wembley National Stadium.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new-stadium/faqs/

Thanks, I didn't realise that. Great news. I'm guessing 8 metres is the minimum recommended for UEFA categories hence us and Bayern having them.

Anyone know what Old Trafford is?

We should have made ours the same, the stands seem a bit steeper there as well. On TV it looks pretty imposing.
As soon as you increase the angle, you quickly lose a lot of seats. We needed a slightly deeper first tier to be able to fit 60 000+ seats in the available footprint. I think they got it right.

New White Hart Lane: ~17° (east/west lower tier) x ~34.4° (east/west upper tier)

Allianz Arena: ~24° (lower tier) x ~30° (middle tier) x ~34° (upper tier)

When I had the virtual tour, it was mentioned that safe standing would only be allowed in the lower section of the new south stand because the gradient in the upper section was too steep. Does anyone know what the gradient of the single tier stand will be?

Apparently the safe standing would add 7000 to the capacity.

When I had the virtual tour, it was mentioned that safe standing would only be allowed in the lower section of the new south stand because the gradient in the upper section was too steep. Does anyone know what the gradient of the single tier stand will be?

Apparently the safe standing would add 7000 to the capacity.
Sauce? Thought I'd read the introduction of safe standing will make no difference to the overall capacity.

No quotes, but from a reliable source:

Tottenham must activate option to play at Wembley by the end of March to secure temporary home for 2017-18

EXCLUSIVE

Tottenham must inform the Football Association by the end of March whether they intend to play Premier League football at Wembley Stadium next season.

The north London club are pressing ahead with plans to stage ‘home’ league matches at the national stadium in 2017-18, before moving into their new 61,000-seat ground for the 2018-19 campaign.

Standard Sport can reveal that Tottenham have a little more than two months remaining before they need to activate their option to play at the 90,000-capacity ground. Tottenham are said to be relaxed about the deadline and remain focused on Wembley for next season.

Though the Premier League set no formal date for clubs to confirm a venue for home fixtures, they expect them to do so several months before the start of a new season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ch-to-secure-temporary-home-for-a3442511.html

I fancy us ... if the tables were turned we would be $hitting it.

Emirates Marketing Project??? Make mine a double

As soon as you increase the angle, you quickly lose a lot of seats. We needed a slightly deeper first tier to be able to fit 60 000+ seats in the available footprint. I think they got it right.

New White Hart Lane: ~17° (east/west lower tier) x ~34.4° (east/west upper tier)

Allianz Arena: ~24° (lower tier) x ~30° (middle tier) x ~34° (upper tier)

Thanks, so not too much of a difference really.

No quotes, but from a reliable source:

Tottenham must activate option to play at Wembley by the end of March to secure temporary home for 2017-18

EXCLUSIVE

Tottenham must inform the Football Association by the end of March whether they intend to play Premier League football at Wembley Stadium next season.

The north London club are pressing ahead with plans to stage ‘home’ league matches at the national stadium in 2017-18, before moving into their new 61,000-seat ground for the 2018-19 campaign.

Standard Sport can reveal that Tottenham have a little more than two months remaining before they need to activate their option to play at the 90,000-capacity ground. Tottenham are said to be relaxed about the deadline and remain focused on Wembley for next season.

Though the Premier League set no formal date for clubs to confirm a venue for home fixtures, they expect them to do so several months before the start of a new season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ch-to-secure-temporary-home-for-a3442511.html

Don't they know Levy is a 23:55 kind of guy

Anyone know the day to day cost of the current contruction?

We must be getting the money from somewhere. There are 500 men on-site.

Have we secured loans or is Uncle Joe bank-rolling?

Anyone know the day to day cost of the current contruction?

We must be getting the money from somewhere. There are 500 men on-site.

Have we secured loans or is Uncle Joe bank-rolling?

Zero net spend on transfers for the last 16 transfer windows. That was £160m saved compared to our previous model of spending £20m net per year, and that was pre-new TV deal too.

Stadium builds are also not that expensive themselves compared to the cost of acquiring the land (which we've been doing seedily since the Sugar days). I think build (£250m) and land (£200m) was roughly how the £450m was constructed.

NICE. From SSC

ec593b69adfcbcc05efd8682a9e1a57f.jpg

Would be brilliant if someone could put the yellow marks on a render for a side by side comparison as well, or even put a render on top?

brick, it's going to be one tall fudger. Local "let's preserve all the old buildings" guy must be tearing his hear out. :D:p

Back