• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

From https://twitter.com/NPASLondon via skyscrapercity.com

tif3m9v.jpg

What a sexy photo. Makes you realise how much you love the old ground though and will miss it.

What a sexy photo. Makes you realise how much you love the old ground though and will miss it.

I'm not as sentimental about the current ground as I thought I'd be to be honest.
1. Because it's (rightly) been left shabby and unloved whilst investment is thrown at the new stadium.
2. It's changed so much over the years...Trigger's Broom

I'm not as sentimental about the current ground as I thought I'd be to be honest.
1. Because it's (rightly) been left shabby and unloved whilst investment is thrown at the new stadium.

I agree with you on that, WHL has changed so much since I first went and obviously does not have the magic it had from the Glory Years. At least with the new build we won't have to look out on the High Road as when they built the West Stand.

WHL has plenty of magic, being right on top of the pitch for one. It's a magical place under the lights, love evening games there.

One of the most frustrating things is that I can count on one hand the amount of 3pm Saturday kick offs I've been to over the last few seasons, I doubt we have more than 5 a season if we are in the EL.

I don't know - IMO it and Goodison are about the last of the 'proper' grounds. Rectangle - 4 double tier stands with infills. An antidote to the soulless wavy bowls. A lot of away fans are fond of it too for that reason.

I don't know - IMO it and Goodison are about the last of the 'proper' grounds. Rectangle - 4 double tier stands with infills. An antidote to the soulless wavy bowls. A lot of away fans are fond of it too for that reason.
Agreed. Villa Park too.

I think the sentimentality will build as next season rolls along.

As for the last game at the lane:(

PS. I wonder whether it will be a 'take what you like' last game??

The s106 Agreement says at para 6.1

"The Council covenants to grant Planning Permission and the Listed Building Consent as soon as reasonably practicable following completion of this Deed and notification from the Secretary of State that he does not intend to call-in the Planning Application ...... or the Listed Building Consent Application............"

So we wait for the Secretary of State to make a decision.

A15 on p59 of the first link is worth noting - we can't demolish the 3 buildings until Historic England has implemented a programme of recording of them.

Some of it is really laughable - B30 p65 - we can't demolish the old stadium until we've provided replacement bird nests!

The s106 Agreement says at para 6.1

"The Council covenants to grant Planning Permission and the Listed Building Consent as soon as reasonably practicable following completion of this Deed and notification from the Secretary of State that he does not intend to call-in the Planning Application ...... or the Listed Building Consent Application............"

So we wait for the Secretary of State to make a decision.

I think the emphasis on 'not intending to' might just be the passing of a deadline, rather than an active decision?

Back