• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Subsequent to the application being granted approval, and after consultation with the planning committee, it was agreed that further clarification on elements - both legal, but mostly technical - of the proposal would aid the Mayor's Office. To that end, such efforts have been progressing and we hope to be in a position to deliver the consented proposal to the Mayor's Office, for their consideration, within the next fortnight.

We think it is vitally important that the Mayor's Office is absolutely clear and without doubt that the unfortunate reporting delay should neither be interpreted as intentional nor an attempt to subvert the planning committee. We feel confident that the robustness of the application will firmly demonstrate that not to be the case, and - for what it is worth - this is a view echoed by Haringey Council.

So 2 weeks for us submit it, and then 2 week deadline for them to turn it around? Final approval early March?

I am somewhat confused here. So, we want to clarify the application to the mayor's office, but haven't sent the relevant information over yet - once we do, we'll get a yay or nay within two weeks. Right?

FA pave the way for Chelsea and Tottenham to share Wembley Stadium in 2017

The FA are planning to strip out all their non-essential events at Wembley to allow Chelsea and Spurs to ground-share for one season at the National Stadium. Chelsea have already agreed a £20million-per-year deal to relocate from Stamford Bridge for three seasons, starting in 2017-18 and they wanted to be the only football tenants. But FA chief executive Martin Glenn and Wembley boss Julie Harrington believed there should be no favouritism shown to any one club provided equal terms can be negotiated.

And Spurs are in talks with Wembley about matching Chelsea’s offer for the 2017-18 season when they have to move out of White Hart Lane. Wembley would find room for both London clubs by limiting their music calendar to a brief summer window and not having any of the rugby union club games they now stage. However, their long-term England, Football League, FA Cup, rugby league and NFL contracts would still have to be honoured. But the non-League FA Vase and FA Trophy finals would be staged elsewhere as well as the occasional England game.

Chelsea have yet to be granted planning permission for their new stadium by Hammersmith Council and the hard-bargaining Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will have to pay as much as Chelsea for the use of Wembley.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...share-Wembley-Stadium-2017.html#ixzz3z3URRNXi

I thought the MK Dons pitch surface looked patchy and muddy when they were on the tv at the weekend. It played OK but wasn't ideal. Not sure if Wembley would be better. Just too many games / sports / activities on these pitches really

I thought the MK Dons pitch surface looked patchy and muddy when they were on the tv at the weekend. It played OK but wasn't ideal. Not sure if Wembley would be better. Just too many games / sports / activities on these pitches really

Shouldn't be the case. Considering most pro pitches now are about 30% plastic (interwoven). Compare them with amateur league pitches which get played on 4 times a weekend, and mowed twice a year (if they are lucky).

I would imagine that if we played at MK, we would ensure the pitch was kept up to standard. We would probably have more control of the pitch there, where they would happily let us pay to keep it top notch, than at Wembley, where they would likely keep full control.

I would imagine that if we played at MK, we would ensure the pitch was kept up to standard. We would probably have more control of the pitch there, where they would happily let us pay to keep it top notch, than at Wembley, where they would likely keep full control.
Sounds like the stadiumMK pitch lacks undersoil heating, so not sure any amount of TLC would be sufficient to prevent it becoming a quagmire once the winter rains set in.

How much does undersoil heating cost? If it was a factor in having an adequate pitch, then installing it could still be cost effective and/or in lieu of rent. Some of the modular pitches include heating and drainage in each section.

How much does undersoil heating cost? If it was a factor in having an adequate pitch, then installing it could still be cost effective and/or in lieu of rent. Some of the modular pitches include heating and drainage in each section.
Good point, could certainly make a strong bargaining chip.

Undersoil heating started coming in in the late 80s. I can't believe a stadium constructed in 2007 wouldn't have it.

Sounds like the stadiumMK pitch lacks undersoil heating, so not sure any amount of TLC would be sufficient to prevent it becoming a quagmire once the winter rains set in.
Undersoil heating was put in place to counter frosts, ice and snow. If the stadiumMK pitch is looking patchy and muddy I would suggest that it is more likely to be a drainage, sunlight (sunlamp) and aeration issue than one of undersoil heating.

In fact I would be extremely surprised if stadiumMK did not have undersoil heating in place already. It's not that expensive to install when building a new ground.

Undersoil heating was put in place to counter frosts, ice and snow. If the stadiumMK pitch is looking patchy and muddy I would suggest that it is more likely to be a drainage, sunlight (sunlamp) and aeration issue than one of undersoil heating.

In fact I would be extremely surprised if stadiumMK did not have undersoil heating in place already. It's not that expensive to install when building a new ground.
Cheers. I've since checked and found it does. Just assumed it would be turned-on to help dry out the pitch when waterlogged and stuff, shows how much I know about it! :rolleyes:

The UK planning system is ridiculously convoluted. This sort of project would be signed, sealed and delivered in China in less than year, in the USA in less than three years and possibly the same in Australia.

All these hold ups simply waste time and money.

Seriously what benefit has come out of the delays over the last couple of years?

The UK planning system is ridiculously convoluted. This sort of project would be signed, sealed and delivered in China in less than year, in the USA in less than three years and possibly the same in Australia.

All these hold ups simply waste time and money.

Seriously what benefit has come out of the delays over the last couple of years?
There have been some completely coincidental benefits in that the steel price has fallen dramatically, and the delays led to in the end a superior design but, yes, planning in the UK is byzantine and inherently highly conservative.

then we would have the advantage, being used to playing on a surface like that!

Back