• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

That's amazing.

Maybe Danny can set up some streaming cameras on the High Road for the first time the Guardianistas venture out at night on a non-matchday. We can call it Stabfest '15.

"Do you ever get that feeling that you just own too much stuff? The weight of your wallet and phone weighing you down? TV and microwave taking up too much space in your flat? Move to Tottenham, where the locals will relieve you of all those troubles. Free cool scar to show off to your mates for the first 100 lucky entrants"

While it is still rough around the edges (or I guess that should be "rough right through to the centre") if I had a couple of million quid spare right now I would probably be looking to buy a few properties in Tottenham as I think prices are likely to accelerate quite considerably in that location over the next 5 years or so.

While it is still rough around the edges (or I guess that should be "rough right through to the centre") if I had a couple of million quid spare right now I would probably be looking to buy a few properties in Tottenham as I think prices are likely to accelerate quite considerably in that location over the next 5 years or so.
I agree - there's money to be made there, I just wouldn't live there until gentrification has been completed.

my hipster sister in law and her trust fund husband was close to moving from Hackney to Tottenham, to be fair infrastructure, nice big houses nto split into flats yet, close to the marshes - just the people really innit.

Yeah I've seen the same thing happen in Peckham, Deptford and Bermondsey. There are some lovely houses around Tottenham and they would make some great investments, but it's going to take a long time to gentrify.

I am slightly worried about the Heritage England lot (or whatever they are called) looking into some loophole about 'altering the setting of listed properties' to throw a spanner in the works by claiming that we'll be falling foul of this with our plan to keep the Grade II listed Warmington House, while demolishing the two locally listed buildings alongside it.

Agreed, the heritage aspect could be stumbling block, although everything else looks well covered.

Here is what I wrote on skyscraperciy yesterday:

I was having a look through parts of the [Agenda reports pack], especially section 10.4 on the Heritage. I find myself a bit more sympathetic with the Council's Conservation Officer. The previous scheme allowed removal of some of the conservation area is return for retaining the four buildings. Now the argument that the buildings have lost their context and can be removed, which seems a bit unreasonable as the loss of context is due to the previous compromise.

In addition, while the London Assembly suggested compromises to deal with the heritage buildings (the facade and Bills office), which seem to have been accepted, the Mayor disagrees and says the buildings should remain. Heritage England argue that, while they are locally listed, their loss changes the context of Warmington House and for this reason the Secretary of State can be called in.
"The proposals fail to preserve the setting of a listed building, and neither preserve nor enhance the character or appearance of the conservation area. They are therefore contrary to the 1990 Act as well as the NPPF and local planning policies. ... Should your council or the Mayor of London be minded to approve the applications, we will give careful consideration to whether the Secretary of State should be advised to call in the proposals for his own determination given the severity of the impact and the lack of policy support for the harm done."

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=768242

The application includes full planning permission for the stadium, plaza, hotel and Tottenham Experience, with outline permission for the housing, extreme sports building and health centre. It might be better if the Tottenham Experience and associated issues with the heritage building be delayed and only asked for in outline. Otherwise I wonder if their inclusion might result in delay.

That said, the elephant in the room is the wider regeneration, which will take out a chunk of the conservation corridor (presumably not Chick King and the hair salon) on the west side. This will inevitably change the conservation area's continuity so perhaps in this light the three locally listed buildings are an irrelevance.

I am slightly worried about the Heritage England lot (or whatever they are called) looking into some loophole about 'altering the setting of listed properties' to throw a spanner in the works by claiming that we'll be falling foul of this with our plan to keep the Grade II listed Warmington House, while demolishing the two locally listed buildings alongside it.

That the draft verdict that was leaked said that that preserving the 3 buildings wasn't enough value in comparison with the greater good of the scheme, has reassured me on that front.

Save Britain's Heritage Britain's heritage are not going to gve in. The moderator who runs the stadium section on skyscrapercity had an e-amil from them.

RMB2007;129339120 said:
Email I received from Mike Fox (case worker for Save Britain's Heritage) in regards to the planning application and updated crowd safety review:

Having looked at the additional material submitted by the club we continue to oppose the plans. A report commissioned by the applicant was never going to find against the current development, so its conclusions are hardly a surprise. We remain of the view that the three locally listed buildings can be retained and restored whilst the new stadium goes ahead.

If the plans are approved tomorrow, which I suspect they will be, SAVE will pursue all options including trying to get the application called in, or seeking leave for judicial review against the council's decision.

Save Britain's Heritage Britain's heritage are not going to gve in. The moderator who runs the stadium section on skyscrapercity had an e-amil from them.
What a bunch of fudging loser pricks.

It's some bricks. Some bricks that are in the way of something great. fudge em

I bet they all look like geography teachers and spend more time discussing how their real ale is manufactured than drinking it.

That's their purpose though. To oppose and argue the case for preservation in every situation. It's like being a defence lawyer - they won't ever 'give in'.

That's their purpose though. To oppose and argue the case for preservation in every situation. It's like being a defence lawyer - they won't ever 'give in'.

It's their job - to get paid for being awkward.

They are awkward - because they get paid to be.

I don't mind queries being raised, but there are differences in level and impact. At some point they become tossers.

Does anyone know the time of the meeting?

And if there's going to be any coverage (live streamed, local journalist twitter etc)?

Planning_Committee_Agenda_1.png

Planning_Committee_Agenda_2.png

Planning_Committee_Agenda_3.png

Agenda Reports Pack (18 MB)

All documents concerning item 6

Back