• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

How much did those bastards at Archway get from the Club in the end? Held the development up for 2 years, and for what exactly, unless Roman was funding them all the while?

How much did those bastards at Archway get from the Club in the end? Held the development up for 2 years, and for what exactly, unless Roman was funding them all the while?

I loved a good mystery when i was younger. roman funding archway? .... sounds extremely feasible ...:)

Chel53a funding the court appeal for archway to slow us down, tin foil hat stuff I'm afraid

it was clearly Ar5ena1 funding them just out of spite
The real conspiracy is we were on board with Archway because we were waiting for the NFL to get onboard and the new designs to come through...

The real conspiracy is we were on board with Archway because we were waiting for the NFL to get onboard and the new designs to come through...

Deep_Throat.jpg

Just returned from MK Dons ground after watching Fiji beat Uruguay in the rugby World Cup. Stadium record of just over 30000. Despite shuttle buses took ages to get out and back approximately 3 hours to NW London. If you leave elsewhere probably longer. Midweek games for families will be a nightmare, especially as most in the ground were local and didn't necessarily need cars. Imagine 20000 fans heading toward London. Parking was difficult and in the evening, on Saturday there will be fewer spaces as many use shopping centres to park.

I hope Enic do not take the heap option to MIlton Keynes. It will cost fans dearly.

Some more perspectives for the stadium.

A perspective of the residential area

Don't want to put a downer on things, but that cladding will almost certainly not happen.

I see a lot of architects drop their grand ideas for cladding and replace it with glass/flat sheet when it comes to pricing it all up. Very, very few (especially in this country) make it to build the way they are drawn.

Don't want to put a downer on things, but that cladding will almost certainly not happen.

I see a lot of architects drop their grand ideas for cladding and replace it with glass/flat sheet when it comes to pricing it all up. Very, very few (especially in this country) make it to build the way they are drawn.

There's a famous example of this (well actually the inverse) in Sheffield. The big skyscraper opposite the station was sold as this beautiful glass building. In the final month or two of the build, the developer apparently 'ran out of money', and instead put in some horrible brown cladding that maked it look like a 70s towerblock and gained it the name 'the turd tower'.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=1858

There's a famous example of this (well actually the inverse) in Sheffield. The big skyscraper opposite the station was sold as this beautiful glass building. In the final month or two of the build, the developer apparently 'ran out of money', and instead put in some horrible brown cladding that maked it look like a 70s towerblock and gained it the name 'the turd tower'.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=1858
Happens all the time. To get that silver effect there are two (maybe three options). You anodise, which will use a proprietary system for which you pay through the nose. Or you can use a PVDF-based system which will match the colour and performance but be a bit cheaper - there's only one company in the UK who currently has a license to do that. Or you can powder coat which will be a near, but not exact, match, be much cheaper and will fade far more quickly than the others.

Either way, because of the shape of the cladding, you end up making and coating far more aluminium than you would with flat sheets. In all likelihood I suspect we'll see flat sheets done in a good finish (if the prestige of the project really matters it will be PVDF) and there will be some solar shading powder coated in a different colour so it doesn't have to match.

Back