• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Should have been clearer it's in reply to if we played at Wembley. As playing Europa league at Wembley would be ridiculous attendance wise especially how much it would cost per game to play there.
Although in reply to your comments re MK surely with the majority of the fanbase that attend games based in London(I assume) surely midweek games in MK would be poorly attended making sense to try and play them at smaller London based venues.

Ahh I understand now. And I'd say most of our support is in Hertfordshire and Essex so it should be quite a easy place to get to for a lot of fans.

Brisbane Road, anyone ?. A little while since it got a mention, and other factors have changed in the meantime. Sillier options have been mooted.

The best option for us would be the Olympic stadium. It does not belong to West ham. They are tenants so why can we not rent it from the IOC or whoever is running it. Its supposed to be a goverment based stadium interested in giving back to the taxpayer who had to pay for it and not even get a ticket. So why the hell West Ham get a veto is beyond me. They should not even have a choice in the matter.

Its the best placed stadium that is not full of scum to house us for a season. We should be asking why we are not allowed.

The best option for us would be the Olympic stadium. It does not belong to West ham. They are tenants so why can we not rent it from the IOC or whoever is running it. Its supposed to be a goverment based stadium interested in giving back to the taxpayer who had to pay for it and not even get a ticket. So why the hell West Ham get a veto is beyond me. They should not even have a choice in the matter.

Its the best placed stadium that is not full of scum to house us for a season. We should be asking why we are not allowed.

the Boleyn would be better, we could have it all to ourselves for a year and not have to share profit with anyone

the Boleyn would be better, we could have it all to ourselves for a year and not have to share profit with anyone

I can understand that though. West Ham dont was us to be the last team that plays at their Historical Home. That to me legally and historically makes sense. But the Olympic Stadium is a state owned asset with a tennant. To maximise their profit they should be able to rent it out to another team for a season. Its 60k. so our supporters will get used to the large stadium size. Its better than a shot old upton Park. Or playing at the all Red Scum stadium. Or using a half capacity Wembley or a 50 mile trip to stadium MK.

I think that they only get a say in the matter in their first season there. Our season away from WHL would be their second season at the Olympic Stadium, so they would have no say in it if we could agree a deal with the owners.

I think that they only get a say in the matter in their first season there. Our season away from WHL would be their second season at the Olympic Stadium, so they would have no say in it if we could agree a deal with the owners.
That sounds logical to me. I'd nearly like us to move there just to see their reaction.

On the flip side the atmosphere and viewing experience will be fairly awful, so all things considered Wembley is probably the best option IMO.

That sounds logical to me. I'd nearly like us to move there just to see their reaction.

On the flip side the atmosphere and viewing experience will be fairly awful, so all things considered Wembley is probably the best option IMO.

I'd be quite content to see Spurs play a season in this windswept, overhyped Lunar crater of a stadium. We'd outdraw them and have first-hand knowledge of what a toilet-trout farm their stadium really is. Then we'd leave them to continue their charity-handout ticket giveaways and deep-discount suite sales and binocular-range relationship with a floundering team now led by a despicable cheat.

And let them know evermore in song and chant.

I'd be quite content to see Spurs play a season in this windswept, overhyped Lunar crater of a stadium. We'd outdraw them and have first-hand knowledge of what a toilet-trout farm their stadium really is. Then we'd leave them to continue their charity-handout ticket giveaways and deep-discount suite sales and binocular-range relationship with a floundering team now led by a despicable cheat.

Also it would let them know where they stand. As Tennants who have no choice in the matter. Wembley would be nice, but there are too many obstacles to using it. Plus to actually use it how we want to the stadium would be 30% empty. That is going to create a rubbish atmosphere. Its not that close to our fan base and they charge way too much there for drinks etc.

The Olympic stadium ticks all the boxes really for a one season stadium. Increased capacity to get the fans ready for the New WHL, not too far from our fan base. Easier access than wembley, likelyhood of filling it out etc.

Also it would let them know where they stand. As Tennants who have no choice in the matter. Wembley would be nice, but there are too many obstacles to using it. Plus to actually use it how we want to the stadium would be 30% empty. That is going to create a rubbish atmosphere. Its not that close to our fan base and they charge way too much there for drinks etc.

The Olympic stadium ticks all the boxes really for a one season stadium. Increased capacity to get the fans ready for the New WHL, not too far from our fan base. Easier access than wembley, likelyhood of filling it out etc.
True. Also the magnificent new WHL will seem even magnificentier after a season spent 150 yards from the action at the Olympic White Elephant Stadium

'I want our new home I want our new hoooooome this grounds a brickhole! I want our new home'

'We still smell you, we still smell you, we still smell you from last week! We still smell you from last week'

'Shall we fill some seats for you...'

Had a look around at what others are saying

Arse:

Spurs will go bankrupt if they built this stadium just before a recession. Their brand or current players wouldn't attract great players or significant sponsors.
Just cause you get a race car too, doesn't mean anything unless they have Lewis Hamilton driving it.
They are a small club, who don't have the innovation & they will always finish below us.

I don't think long run a new stadium and extra 20-30m a year is enough for them to catch us. We are just too far ahead now they had a few really good opportunities to finish above us and maybe get a run of cl football going to attract better players. They ****ed it up as usual no matter how bad we were they always managed worse.

So spurs fans think they'll be better then Arsenal because they will build a bigger stadium? Haha in your dreams f**kers

When Spurs finish building their stadium we will probably be long way to expanding ours..

I seriously get the feeling that their stadium has that capacity purely to be bigger than Arsenal in one way

Serious question since I'm not from London (or England at all for that matter), can Spurs really fill the extra somewhat 20k seats when Stoke City come to visit them? Or any other midtable club / Europa League team on a Thursday?

they have a surprisingly large fan base and charge quite a lot for tickets

If they lower ticket prices then they'll fill it easier

They're ****ing ****e but they do have quite a few fans. Mostly out Essex way, than North London tbh

Quite a lot in East Anglia in general for a club who don't win things. I'm not sure what the draw is

I feel sorry for the people in Essex they must support Spuds

Don't worry, Yousif, we're not all failed abortions

Probably just brought up to support them - same reason I support Arsenal, even though I'm from south London/Kent

So many parents who hate their children...

Chelsea:

It could be interesting - if we have 2 or 3 good years at Wembley, I can see us selling 80k seats for a lot of games, and even selling out for CL games (did Arsenal sell out for CL games when they were playing there?)
So by the time the new stadium is ready we should have very strong demand for tickets.
Whereas for Spurs you could see them with 40 000 tickets sold for Wembley for a lot of games, falling to even less as people realise just what kind of atmosphere that creates at a mega stadium like Wembley.

Got to say that I prefer the inside of the Spud stadium to ours

Looks like a generic stadium to me

I seriously wish we will have a bigger capacity than spurs when it's finally built. Can't imagine many of us will be able to take it when they say their stadium is the largest in london!

On their Cathedral of Football: I really don't like those renderings . It's bland and without merit, lacks the complex beauty of the Birds nest. Just another jelly mould football stadium IMHO

Spuds seem to have gone along the lines of artists impressions which give things a bit more 'colour'

I think the THFC stadium has a lot of merit. Particularly the 17k single stand end; which with safe standing would rise to 24k

I don't disagree, just pointing out that artists impressions are more easy on the eye than renderings. Our renders remind me of an x-box

I think Spuds have got it right on the inside. Now whilst I think that outside of new SB will look quite special if done properly, the inside is going to be very Cashburden Grave, just a funky version

It's going to look spectacular from the outside although I am a tad jealous of the Spuds home end

Pool:

Is filling 61k every week a little ambitious? By 2018 you have Arsenal, West Ham & Chelsea in the same city with similar sized stadiums. There are gaps at Arsenal matches & thats with CL football + the top players.

Seriously though, I think that increasing capacity to that amount is a good long term thinking idea. Future proofing if you like.
West Ham will struggle the most I guess, though if they got a serious financial injection of cash, that could change over the next few years

a 17,000 seater single tier Kop stand for their new 61,000 ground? Impressive

Imagine being booed off at half-time by 60,000 people instead of 33,000 people!

WEST HAM PAUL: Before Tottenham fans get too excited they should consider a few aspects of this new ground

Arsenal had been a top 2 side under Wenger with various FA cup wins etc & already about 8 or 9 years or so champions league football. Already giving them money & financially a very well run club .

They move to the emirates & they have a slight dip but still maintain constant champions league football & its financial benefits

During that time Arsenal sell quite a few top players & make some shrewd buys. Wenger has done a great job in reality & it's only the last 18 months or so he's started to spend big. It's taken almost 10 years

Tottenham have none of this, not as good financially, no recent success of major trophys, no champions league, there average is 5-7th so with all the issues of a new stadium which in the long run will be beneficial they must get the transition right on & off the pitch

---

And Tottenham is not Islington. After a match at the Emirates it's a short walk to quality restaurants and gastropubs and bars on Upper Street. Around White Hart Lane...

Let's be honest around Tottenham it's a brickhole & around West Ham it's a brickhole , but we're West Ham are lucky is by moving to Stratford it's an improvement. Ok it's not stunning but you've already got investment with the Westfield shopping centre & other facilities & with the transport links you can be in & out back to central London in 10 minutes unlike Tottenham. At Stratford you can go to the game whilst someone not wanting to go can spend 90 minutes next door at Westfield

seriously they want to build 3rd biggest stadium in England? can they fudging fill it?

All I could find was an estimate of £400m for the previous design which was smaller and didn't have half of the (no doubt expensive) additional features. Can see the cost of this easily approaching £500m at this rate

To be fair though, Daniel Levy is not bad when it comes to the financial side, his record when buying footballers may not be so good.. I am sure he has got the financial side for the new stadium worked out

Yeah they'll certainly have a plan, but I wouldn't mind betting that plan still sees a fairly huge weight around their necks for a while like Arsenal found. Stadium sponsorships aren't huge in the UK, certainly not cover a £500m stadium huge

Are they really building a 61,000 capacity stadium to have 600 more seats than Arsenal? I suppose it might just be a coincidence? Otherwise they are pretty obsessed

i wish we are obsessed too and build a stadium with 62k seats

Would you be happy if we also spent the extra £350m+ to do so to? We'd be paying off the stadium for decades. Were building to 58,500 ish by spending about £150m. It's a ridiculous thought that it would be worth spending £300-350m more for a few thousand more

if we think that we're a big club (second biggest in the country), then we should act like one

So you'll be happy with the club covering what, £25-30m a year interest payments for the next decade or two, whilst also bumping up ticket price massively, to cover the added £300m+ to build about 2,500 seats. Thank fudge you weren't in charge of making that call, as you'd of crippled us

i wonder how Arsenal and Manutd did it, and how Spurs and West Ham are going to do it

You are forgetting that Spurs' stadium currently holds about 35,000 people. That's 10,000 people less than we currently do. So whilst it is not economically viable for Liverpool to pay £350-£400m for an extra 13,000 seats, Spurs will be paying that amount to add an extra 26,000 seats. Plus they are factoring in the ability to utilise the stadium for other events, such as NFL and concerts etc. If you factor in a decent naming rights deal and huge corporate opportunities (which White Hart Lane has very little of) then it makes sense for them to build a new stadium

As does the fact they're in London and few other options in close proximity. Makes absolutely no sense at all for us to do it though, and we're going to be in a much better position in a few years than Spurs (stadium income wise) without a shadow of a doubt

City:

Rags, spuds. Repeat ad infinitum

Utd:

It actually sounds like Levy has given up hope on Tottenham ever becoming an attraction themselves and thus, has decided to just build a theme park :D

Probably realsing the commercial potential for Tottenham as a footballclub just isn't there because no one who is interested in football would want to watch spurs because they are a bit brick and all that

This is Levy we're talking about though. The mad bastard will somehow be able to get Tesco to sponsor it for £100 million a year and with the name WHITE HART LANE and Tesco

Given the number of clubs in London, and Spurs' ranking amongst them, most yanks will probably presume that it's Chelsea or Arsenal's stadium when they see their team playing there

The first team to officially bring the abomination that is NFL over here to England. Probably the greatest achievement in their history!

I've been working with a bunch of Spurs fans this week (no, not a special needs class), and today they were all up in arms about the NFL plans. Claiming it made them a joke club and worse than Arsenal (with the stadium rights thing I suppose), until I chirped up with "same old Tottenham then"

The Kop end makes the stadium look far too contrived

I predict that United will make more in noodle sponsorship than Spurs make from their NFL gigs in any given year

I don't really understand why anyone would go to such lengths to see what other fans think, smacks of small time too worried what others think. We all like it, shows the club is moving forwards and that's good enough for me to feel optimistic. Biased views from other fans aren't worth caring about imo.

Back