• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Can a mod change the thread title please?

Looking at that restored clock.... at my Church of England school in the 70s we had to sing "The Golden Coc.kerel, crows in the morning, wake up children, welcome the day, GHod's bright sun is blah blah blah, chasing sleepy heads away" or similar. What was that all about? I haven't thought of that since.

Can a mod change the thread title please?

Looking at that restored clock.... at my Church of England school in the 70s we had to sing "The Golden Coc.kerel, crows in the morning, wake up children, welcome the day, GHod's bright sun is blah blah blah, chasing sleepy heads away" or similar. What was that all about? I haven't thought of that since.

Might still be the case this time tomorrow, although I hope to GHod not.

QC for the Josif family setting out that the specific appeal is to challenge the making of the CPO rather than the previous review stages or the authorisation for it to be made

Relevant sections of the CPO under scrutiny are the purpose of the scheme for which it has been made and the financial viability of the scheme

CLM QC and Judge now discussing the stages of permission granted by the council. The northern development area which includes Lilywhite House and the Sainsbury's on Northumberland Park began construction in 2012. Now looking at revised permissions given for the southern development area which includes the residential units, public space and landscaping

CLM QC now discussing financial obligations on Spurs of £16m investment in residential units etc which were given the go ahead by Haringey Council's planning sub-committee in 2012

CLM QC: Secretary of State is assured in January 2014 by Club and Haringey council that the project is financially viable

CLM QC finishes laying out the particulars of the case on behalf of Archway and will now start to set out ground 1 of challenge

Last edited:
CLM QC says he hopes that ground 1 of the appeal, the asssumption of the validity of the planning permission, will be resolved in his favour

When planning permission is granted by the council it is assumed to be valid unless it is challenged or proved to be otherwise. In this case the Secretary of State for Planning made this assumption

Laughter in the court room as CLM QC refers to case law from 1948 as 'ones early days' and judge Mr Justice Dove makes a joke about the QC's age

The case law means that the validity of a planning order is only removed once it is challenged and quashed. A simple challenge is not enough to remove the validity of the order

CLM QC: It is without authority and completely misguided, in my view, to extend the doctrine of validity set out in case law to the internal resolution of a council which is made without statute and could be changed tomorrow

CLM QC: No presumption of validity applies to the CPO as I have outlined in case law. My primary case is that the order should be quashed on that ground, without law

CLM QC now discussing 'the Olympic saga' as he calls it, meaning the period of time during which Spurs were pursuing the possibility of relocating the club to Stratford

CLM QC: Club stated unequivocally that it was not intending to move away from Tottenham as part of application for planning permission.

CLM QC: When one looks at precondition A of planning that THFC will have to stay in Tottenham the statement the club issued to satisfy that does not address the precondition

Justice Dove: I find it a little surprising that you're asking me to retake the decision the council cabinet took in 2012

CLM QC is going through the preconditions of granting planning permission and scrutinising whether the clubs representations satisfy them

CLM QC: The planning conditions place no obligation on Spurs to build anything whatsoever, contrary to precondition B of sustainability in the area

CLM QC: The council could not rationally conclude that the club had a viable business plan for the purposes of CPO on the evidence they had

CLM QC has finished going through ground one of his challenge and is now moving straight to ground 3

TheOffshoregame twitter feed seems to be the rest. Looks reading between the lines that Judge isnt best impressed. Im reading it that because we hadnt commited to building the stadium at the point of CPO that it wasnt valid. Plus if the stadium was not to be built then the whole CPO was not financially viable.

Unless there is a severe loophole i think it will get thrown out pretty quickly.

I was just about to say it doesn't seem to be looking well good for us but then someone tweeted this...

Adam Withers@AdamWithers90 Follow
Archway Steel case seems weak. They believe CPO was made on irrational grounds as Spurs may not have pursued stadium. Not reason to refuse.

Back