• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I played on a 3g pitch recently with a pair of Puma astroturf footwear, and tbh they probably weren't suitable. The level of grip was excessive. No give/release when twisting and even kicking under and thru the ball was hindered by the almost stickiness.
They can easily wear the right type/level of grip.
I was surprised to see (on the Spurs video) that we brought the astroturf in on huge rolls with big JCB type machines and unrolled it onto the surface; I thought the astroturf remained in place.
So we can easily add a layer of extra padding/bounce if needed.
We also had to spray the BILLS logo etc once it was in place.
Quite a faff, considering it was supposed to be "slide back the pitch et voila".

I was surprised to see (on the Spurs video) that we brought the astroturf in on huge rolls with big JCB type machines and unrolled it onto the surface; I thought the astroturf remained in place.
Quite a faff, considering it was supposed to be "slide back the pitch et voila".
I think previously it was kept on the (3??) trays and then they'd fill in the joins when in place. But I also recollect that these joins were something that were moaned about...so maybe that has led to what you have seen?

I was stunned at that as that’s not how they did it previously IIRC
Looked like laying a carpet not a playing surface

Hundreds of thousands sounds a bit more than mere vandalism. There would be security trying to intervene. So i'm guessing that it was planned and purposeful.

Hundreds of thousands sounds a bit more than mere vandalism. There would be security trying to intervene. So i'm guessing that it was planned and purposeful.

Yeh my thoughts too. Too much damage to be just random and walking past and taking a fancy.

Less said is likely an indication its sensitive IMO

The big glass in the stadium is stupid expensive, any damage there will be £££

Back