• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

We do need better forwards in addition to making the defence more robust and less leaky. None of the forwards are poor but the only one close to world class is Son.
That’s the same though for most sides
arsenal only have saka who is in that bracket
pool have Salah
city have Haaland and Foden now
the key is those teams dont concede like we do. But they are much much more developed sides
united have no one in the attcking bracket your describe and neither do Chelsea

What are the current problems?
last week there werent any, this week there is

As I said, my understanding of Postecoglou's tactics is that it demands a lot of stamina and movement off the ball. What I did like in the first part of the season was the fact that the player with the ball often had two or three partners calling for the ball. Since December, I get the feeling we're more static. Considering the fact that we only played in the league this season, that's something I would look into.

Your remark about last week is why, in my opinion, you should always try to look at the bigger picture. Results depend on your performance, of course, but also on the opposition's form and momentum. There's just too many things to factor in to make one result or even one game relevant, in my opinion.

Biggest disappointment was our lack of answers to their stronger midfield. That we weren’t ready for them to get stuck into our midfield, and their physicality. We didn’t have answers and they didn’t tire.

Got to credit Fulham. They were supreme. The first goal was always going to be crucial. We did have chances (not as good as theirs); and then we came out second half looking a bit calmer but before we could do anything we gave the ball and game away. We were a bit frantic and intimidated first half.

As I said, my understanding of Postecoglou's tactics is that it demands a lot of stamina and movement off the ball. What I did like in the first part of the season was the fact that the player with the ball often had two or three partners calling for the ball. Since December, I get the feeling we're more static. Considering the fact that we only played in the league this season, that's something I would look into.

Your remark about last week is why, in my opinion, you should always try to look at the bigger picture. Results depend on your performance, of course, but also on the opposition's form and momentum. There's just too many things to factor in to make one result or even one game relevant, in my opinion.
This is very much to do with teams more prepared with how to setup against us once there was a greater sample size to analyse how we are attacking. It's not like all of a sudden our players have decided to be more lethargic and move less, or that our energy levels are massively down considering the amount of games we have had to play.

Opposition aren't giving us the same areas of space where we could previously manoeuvre in, which is why we can appear more static at times and exactly the type of thing where I'm sure Ange will be looking to find solutions to....

Biggest disappointment was our lack of answers to their stronger midfield. That we weren’t ready for them to get stuck into our midfield, and their physicality. We didn’t have answers and they didn’t tire.

Got to credit Fulham. They were supreme. The first goal was always going to be crucial. We did have chances (not as good as theirs); and then we came out second half looking a bit calmer but before we could do anything we gave the ball and game away. We were a bit frantic and intimidated first half.
Agree, make no mistake Fulham are a good side. This is such a competitive league now, they are one of that middle group who on their day can perform against the best teams in the league. They just dont have the squad to maintain such performances.....

Agree, make no mistake Fulham are a good side. This is such a competitive league now, they are one of that middle group who on their day can perform against the best teams in the league. They just dont have the squad to maintain such performances.....
They are really odd
Fact lost a game they have Lead in and beaten some really good sides

Lost to Burnley at home 🤬

They do have a very good manager IMO and some high quality players

Yes. It didn't feel like we were prepared for them. Fans weren't apart from @DeanoAustin and it felt like the side wasn't either. They have a formidable midfield who work and harry and we weren't good enough to work the ball through them. We needed more from our midfield. They needed to play at a CL level to thread the ball through. Easy to prepare in hindsight!

We don't know our best midfield now. Four players can be outsanding individually. But they aren't a unit atm. Madison, Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur. Madison starts, but its not clear which of the others do. Bissouma and Sarr are similar in that they need support. To play off others. But not sure they play that well off of each other. Bentancur is a mystery. Looked so good when back against Villa first time around, then injured and maybe not back to his best yet.

Maybe Sarr and Bentancur starting is the way forward.

Spurs will always let you down.

Should be the club motto.
Indeed. Spēs Tuae Sempĕr Dēĭcientur.
It's all been said, so I doubt there's much I can add to the post-mortem, except that, even though I'd been expecting a performance like this for a while (we always do it), it was still quite shocking to watch it unfolding in real time.

Last edited:

agree and i see it as other clubs have found out how to counter the way we play. (1) low block (2) aggressive press around the midfield for turnovers and (3) exploit space down the wings and the early cross. if not let them go down the wing and expect a cross back to the penalty area so crowd the box.

maybe its year 1 so we are still embedding the system - but ange needs more variation in his play soon e.g. vertical direct through balls and early crosses to counter the midfield press.

This is very much to do with teams more prepared with how to setup against us once there was a greater sample size to analyse how we are attacking. It's not like all of a sudden our players have decided to be more lethargic and move less, or that our energy levels are massively down considering the amount of games we have had to play.

Opposition aren't giving us the same areas of space where we could previously manoeuvre in, which is why we can appear more static at times and exactly the type of thing where I'm sure Ange will be looking to find solutions to....
The opposition are now letting our centre backs have the ball and not pressing them as our play tries to invite. That is allowing them to pack the centre of the pitch and deny those inside spaces that our fullbacks like to operate in. I think we are going to have to start countering this by having our centre backs carry the ball 10 or 20 yards into the opposition half with Bissouma slotting in (though I'm not convinced how well he will do that).

The opposition are now letting our centre backs have the ball and not pressing them as our play tries to invite. That is allowing them to pack the centre of the pitch and deny those inside spaces that our fullbacks like to operate in. I think we are going to have to start countering this by having our centre backs carry the ball 10 or 20 yards into the opposition half with Bissouma slotting in (though I'm not convinced how well he will do that).
And Romero stands with the ball pointing and ignoring runs.

I agree, absolutely. Romero has the tekkers. I think we need to upgrade Bissouma (have done for some time).

Back